PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Permission Request Thread

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sprite Permission Request Thread >

Rainbowtail's AvatarRainbowtail
I'm confused about a few things. Apologies if this ends up being a long post. I have a sprite shop over on another site. Users have been requesting splices of melan and albino Pokemon from this shop since it opened. At first I didn't know they were from this site and assumed they were coloured by them. When I learned they were from PokeFarm, I joined, and tried my best to read through the rules to see if these were allowed. Here is what I found, from the Full Details section on the home page. Eggs, Gen VI and Exclusive Pokémon sprites custom-made by our outstanding spriters and © PokéFarm Q 2013-2016. Not seeing melan or albino sprites in that list, I proceeded to continue allowing people to make these requests. Recently I realized that this thread exists however, and I see it does mention melans and albinos. In light of this, I was going to recolour my splices that used these sprites and discontinue allowing people to make requests with them. However... I then read through this thread and found a few posts that seem to indicate that albinos and melans are just a colour scheme and are okay to use without being granted permission. Is it okay for me to continue allowing people to make requests with melan and albino sprites, or should I recolour the ones that have been produced and stop allowing this? Thank you very much, and I apologize for any copyright infringement. It was not intended and I thought I'd done my homework on if it was okay to use the recoloured sprites from here. Here are the splices I have made that utilize the albino or melan sprites.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page