PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Permission Request Thread

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sprite Permission Request Thread >

@rainbowtail, We can't copyright a colour palette. That would be silly. Now, what we do hold copyright to is the sprites that we have personally made. This means anything that is Gen 6 and onwards / PFQ exclusives (including costumes etc). So if anyone has requested a Gen 6 splice then... That's copyright infringement. However, it's not copyright infringement on your part. It's copyright infringement on their part. They need permission to get the thing - not you. So you don't need to worry. Don't get me wrong, we'd really appreciate it if you worked with us if there's any cases of that so we can deal with it accordingly, but other than that, it should be fine. It's not your fault as the artist if someone comes to you requesting something and you don't know any different - especially after having attempted to find information out yourself! Most people don't do that, so that's a huge breath of fresh air to hear ^^ It seems it eventually paid off, too :) If you have any information you'd like to go over and discuss, I am always available for PMing ( a lot of people have this "Oh no I assume he's busy"-thought pattern. It bad. Very bad. I like to talk :( ).
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page