PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 8910111213

I'm on 507 chain IV hunting Beldum in hopes for 186 one. No actual IV chain, no IV boosts, nothing. Worst part? Not only I can't sell 185 ones I got, since no one cares about IVs, I can't even complain! All I am relying on is RNG luck. Being non HM users I only got 2s/2a so far and I'm thankful for that. I used to have bigger chain with no specials. It's just a matter of patience and dedication. I think this change is good because it makes things more balanced even though I personally had more random albino luck than shiny.
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
AshiMagari's AvatarAshiMagari

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by AshiMagari

I'm 300 eggs in and have gotten 2 shinies. Before this update, 300 eggs would have gotten me maybe 15 shinies. I'm alright with "fewer", but with half the rate I expect half the results. Not this 10% crap. I'm honestly hoping this is a bug or just an unlucky hunt, cuz if this keeps up and every HM user has the same results, I can't imagine why they wouldnt just quit.
An update happens, your luck changes, and you blame the update? Yeah this is why we don't release the exact probabilities.
As I said, I hope it is NOT because of the update. I'm hoping it was bad luck. I'm hoping it was a bug. I will only start blaming the update if this is how it is meant to stay. Because I am not alright with things staying like this. If all of my future hunts are going to have 10% of the "success rate" of all of my past hunts, I will just likely not be doing future hunts.
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
If it's interesting to those who're trying to figoure out if the update or random is at work: I get about the same amount of shinies as I do albinos since this update, which generally means less shinies and more albinos. Roughly 10-15ish of each special (I haven't kept complete track), but one of the days I only got 2 shinies of about 135 hatches. My hunt is Klink with about 7k chain currently.
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Bella-chan's AvatarBella-chan
It's weird for me because I'm mostly getting more shinies rather than albinos and I'm almost reaching 2k in my Stufful hunt.
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Art by Naoma.
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
My shiny rate has dropped off drastically since this update as well. Way more than 50% I would say. Seems more than just bad luck at this point but :/ Was looking forward to hunting a couple of legends I've been saving summons for for 2-3 years at this point but not any more because with this new rates I doubt I'll get anything.
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Here's the thing. You guys are comparing just your own hunts. I'm looking at every single person's hunts, with all modifiers factored in. I can tell you the update is working as intended. But you won't believe me, because confirmation bias.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Here's the thing. You guys are comparing just your own hunts. I'm looking at every single person's hunts, with all modifiers factored in. I can tell you the update is working as intended. But you won't believe me, because confirmation bias.
Also a player's luck in practice always equating to the odds set in the game's code is just... not a thing, you can do something a million times and odds are the odds will still be a few magnitudes off their hard-coded probabilities. Also, if you set something to 1 in 100 and set over 10,000 players to a task, mathematically speaking at least 1 will get it twice in the first two times and tell you "this isn't working!" tl;dr RNG is being RNG
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
Aust's AvatarAust
Just popping in to add to my last post^^

I do like the new update but I'm a little worried since I just hatched 127 eggs today with no shiny pokemon hatched, this is with HM, Shiny charm and Uber charm (in fact I havent had a shiny [though it was an early Melan :)] since egg 180 and I'm now at egg 354) Thats a gap of 174 eggs with max shiny boosts?? I'm kinda worried that this is the new bad hunt senario? I understand that its not guarenteed but thats a pretty big shiny gap despite both shiny+uber charms :( ((Slowpoke hunt ended up being 354 eggs hatched, 2 shiny, 3 albino, 1 melan)) I'm hoping this is just because the shiny hunting system was just changed and needs some time to average out. (going to start a new hunt for mass click weekend so hopfully I'll start to see some better hunt averages reflecting the update)
After dropping Slowpoke and changing my hunt to Larvesta I was happy to conclude that slowpoke was just being a very, very, very bad luck hunt and the fact that it fell on the same day the changes were anounced just made it seem even worse, The 174 egg gap with no shinies was pretty much just the worst luck senario like I had thought. Currently hunting Larvesta and with the new update I'm @ 16 shiny and 14 albino with 545 eggs hatched (HM, Shiny+Uber charms, Z crystal)
selocon's Avatarselocon
I do wanna say thank you to the update for giving me an albino poochy before I ended that chain. Oh, and the water shiny!
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
So the chance of getting random shinies is also halved? Im not sure i like that. Because getting random shinies is much more awesome than getting random albinos in my opinion. but also random shinies are accessible for the entire site where albino rates doubling only affects people who use albino radar. Im fine with the rest though
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe

Pages: 123··· 8910111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page