PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 111213

Eeeee.... what? I've never really been a shiny hunter. I've only hatched 1 shiny in my entire poke farm time :p

★ HeartlessDemon ★ they/them ★

please sell me your hasty-natured specials! PMs open for any inquiry, I don't bite o/
RaffleToyhousecredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @baileykins on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @kellran2012 on PFQ
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I kinda already get mostly albinos and not shiny when I'm hunting without hypermode xD, so I don't know what I think about the change yet. But the Long chain bonus is very well welcome.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
TigTiggoTigs's AvatarTigTiggoTigs
I appreciate the longer non-hypermode chain :) Edit; wait, actually it makes no difference since the base rate was halved, is that right? This will increase albinos for everyone but decrease shinies for hypermode?
Tig, they/them, avatar made by me
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Sounds great in the long run, but I have one complaint: What if you aren't hunting for albinos? Then your chances of hatching a shiny have been halved with no added benefit. I've only gotten 1 shiny out of over 300 hatches with HM Uber and Sei, yet 3 times that in albinos over the last 3 days. I thought that rate was supposed to be the opposite. I don't need more albinos... Yes I know Sally/RNG is fickle, but I'm still complaining >_<
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 2294
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

Sounds great in the long run, but I have one complaint: What if you aren't hunting for albinos?
Pardon me for sounding obtuse, but surely the obvious solution is not to charge the albino radar.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
C-G's AvatarC-G
thank you so much for adjusting this a bit :3 the balance was so weird at times, I'm excited about that.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I'm a little confused. I got one shiny in a chain of 300~. Does this mean, by estimate, I would now have to get a chain of 600~ for one shiny? Or, does it even out because of the new boosted non-hypermode rate + the boosted long chain rate? Edit: I would like to say that when I got the free week of hypermode after the shutdown, my shiny chances were ~1/60, would they now be ~1/120 for hypermode users?
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
0Percent's Avatar0Percent
Considering I just random hatched an Albino I am already enjoying this update. Seems this will be great for the non-hunters as long as they keep active enough to have the albino radar charged often.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
You know... there's a reason we don't actually publish the actual numbers and do everything in terms of boosts and multipliers :p (Probability is a difficult thing to understand - even for those who work with them!) pixelkitty, no. As a non-Hypermode user, your chances work out to (almost) not changing. They're slightly better in fact, but that's due to rounding. The main point of that part of the update was to narrow the gap a bit between HM and non-HM users.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

Sounds great in the long run, but I have one complaint: What if you aren't hunting for albinos?
Pardon me for sounding obtuse, but surely the obvious solution is not to charge the albino radar.
Did you read the rest of what I wrote? This change nerfs shiny chances, but buffs albino. If you aren't looking for albinos, that means you are getting half as many shinies with no benefit to compensate. The albino radar doesn't affect shiny hatching, so simply "turning it off" will have no influence on hatching half as many shinies as before.

Pages: 12345··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page