PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 910111213

selocon's Avatarselocon
"Random albinos"? Do you mean "Not expected albinos"? Cause Albinos are never random...
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

"Random albinos"? Do you mean "Not expected albinos"? Cause Albinos are never random...
Useless input is useless
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

they are random. thats what RNG (Random Number Generator) is.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

Selocon's point seems to be that the term is misused. "Random shiny" refers to a shiny without any boosts at all, aka "full odds". There's no such thing as "full odds albino" since the chance is zero if you don't charge your Albino Radar. The closest we have is Level 1 Albino, which would indeed be a pleasant surprise.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Why are we getting hung up on the fact i said random albino still? I KNOW you need to charge your albino radar to get and albino but, Like for me, someone who usually hatches with full boosts in all categories (shiny charm, max albino radar, uber) when i hatch a shiny or albino in an assortment of eggs for me that is random. For others it is random. You're not particularly looking for it but you get one so its random. Regardless it doesn't change my original point that halving shiny chances makes getting random shinies harder for people. And random shinies are the most accessible form of special for the entire site. Is the base chance of getting a random shiny also halved?
selocon's Avatarselocon
I think so. Can't say for sure. However, the reason that I'm so "hung up on" about random albinos is that they are DEFINITELY not a thing with the new radar setup. You no longer risk losing levels if you don't charge. So, in essence, if you change the radar, you are trying to get albino during the day, not just "keeping level 7" like it uses to be. So charging the radar implies you're trying to get them at some point during the day, rather than just getting your radar to shut up and hold the level.
AstroCat's AvatarAstroCat
I really like this update. That being said, my head is thoroughly confused right now. This entire hunt I've had Arceus rank. I've used several Z crystals. Always level 7 fully charged albino radar. Shiny charms. Uber charms. You name it. Plus the arceus rank. Got over 6,000 no melan. (I know, it happens. bad luck.) but very frustrating seeing sooo many people during this hunt getting early melans. (Including my hubby, which I will say I'm happy about because it's my hubby. but after I was well over 6,000 nature hunting for an art order I ordered, he decided to try and melan hunt for me a brave Aron. He got it in 505 hatched.) So I was over 6700 this weekend and lost the Arceus rank to the new totem. Been too lazy to care about getting the dex because of some family stuff going on. Got 2 melans.. in 11 eggs. AFTER I lost Arceus rank... It feels like Arceus rank doesn't do much for me? Or is it just my terrible luck? I mean it went from being over 95% chance increase to now a "Your 5,000+ chain is granting a Long Chain Bonus of 50.0% for hatching Melanistic Pokémon! Get Arceus Rank by registering every EggDex and Pokédex entry, and increase this bonus further!" but then I get 2? I mean I know RNG is a big thing but it just seems so weird that I go so long in my chain with nothing with Arceus, then I lose it and get 2. That also being said- I have noticed the increase in albinos and I do love it! :)
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

Selocon's point seems to be that the term is misused. "Random shiny" refers to a shiny without any boosts at all, aka "full odds". There's no such thing as "full odds albino" since the chance is zero if you don't charge your Albino Radar. The closest we have is Level 1 Albino, which would indeed be a pleasant surprise.
im confused, are albinos random (or surprise) or not?
selocon's Avatarselocon
Not in the way shinies are. You have a base chance to get a shiny at random, without chaining. There's no such "random chance" with Albinos. Please see my last post for that explanation
Iceland's AvatarIceland
I think is a good update, before the update i was hunting shinx for a long time and no melan, few weeks ago i got my melan girl.... I recently started with Melan Poochyena hunt, and sadly my HM died, and i got an early melan Poochyena without HM and Uber (only the albino radar and a shiny charm) (Thanks to the Update about non HM users and double chance of hatching albinos)
  • -
    Wick
  • -
    Chic
Name: Icey/Wick I share IP with my sibling Hyuse Bad Container in IDV, Good Student (busy at much) Secretly i am "Prisoner" Lil Balsa =P
Current Avatar: By: @ghostpetrichor_ on twitter FTU Credits: . MY SHOP:KING OF THE BEASTS OPEN NOW!
Progress to level 4
40.68% Dark Gem progress
Tamakoma - 2 stan!! Well, Ru out i will play with trainer see ya! (Art By: Gaelson)
credits

credits

Code & Divider @RAINB0W Background Image @Unsplash Bouncing Pixels @Nunka

Pages: 123··· 910111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page