PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567··· 111213

pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
Alright, thank you for your answers Niet! I know we don't put it in numbers, it's just easier for me to understand that way. Glad to hear it's not getting too much harder.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
See, i was under the impression that halved shiny rates apply to HM *and* non-HM users. It's simply that non-HM users can now chain somewhat longer than before, so it *looks* like they can catch up quicker; but in reality, halved odds for us is also halved odds for them. It's universal.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Ratios are funny, and numbers are for demonstration purposes only If original rates were: 1:200 shiny 1:400 albino Shiny rate halved would be 1:400 And albino rate doubled would be 1:200? Am I understanding correctly? Again, numbers are for example only.
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Pix3lblip's AvatarPix3lblip
Thank you noot! ~
Hope you have a nice day! :3 Little Ditto made by PupperCakes
selocon's Avatarselocon
I think the thing that Niet means is literally what he says--lowering the gap between HM and non HM. Rather than HM being a x6 increase (ish? I'm not quite sure if it's perfectly x6, I'm using Niet's numbers), it's now x3, which is far more fair when you look at it.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Lol im sure this is a great update but ironic for me cause i noooooo trouble getting albinos but struggle with shinys even with HM.
× 86 / 750
13/2000 for a charm box!
Avatar original audino design, recolored by me
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk

QUOTE originally posted by Asteroid Panda

Lol im sure this is a great update but ironic for me cause i noooooo trouble getting albinos but struggle with shinys even with HM.
Exactly. Prior to this rate update I was running 0.3% chance of hatching shiny with HM+uber and 1% chance hatching albino. Now I don't know if I'll even get another shiny in this hunt.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 0
Porrim's AvatarPorrim
Sorry if this is worded oddly, but with the new long chain bonus, our chances of getting a melan increases every 100 hatches, yes? So when we reach a chain of 1,000 are the chances higher or lower, at 1,000, than they were before at 1,000?
Memento Mori.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
^ Neither, it's the same. @Narflunk If you look for people that loan out shiny charms, you can go back to the chances you had prior to this change with the added bonus of it slightly increasing every 100 eggs you hatch now.
Other
• Current Type Race points: 0 •
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Porrim: They are the same. I'm too lazy too look up the actual boosts, so I'm just using example numbers. Before: 0-900: nothing 1,000: +10% Now: 100-1,000: +1% each We'll end with 10% at 1k, but instead of having a big boost rarely, now we have small boosts more often. Narflunk: While we do not have official odds, from experience the old shiny odds for radar, HM with a 40+ chain and Über were about 1/50. Of course sometimes you'll have a few hundred eggs without anything, but you'll also have twins sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I know how frustrating that is, I think one time I went to 450 eggs without a shiny with all avaiable boosts. However that's just some bad luck. 300 eggs is not enough to get any data Ninja'd, but I'm still posting this
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here

Pages: 1234567··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page