PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456··· 111213

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by Narflunk

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

Sounds great in the long run, but I have one complaint: What if you aren't hunting for albinos?
Pardon me for sounding obtuse, but surely the obvious solution is not to charge the albino radar.
Did you read the rest of what I wrote? This change nerfs shiny chances, but buffs albino. If you aren't looking for albinos, that means you are getting half as many shinies with no benefit to compensate. The albino radar doesn't affect shiny hatching, so simply "turning it off" will have no influence on hatching half as many shinies as before.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

- The base Shiny rate has been halved, but [snip] - Non-Hypermode users can now chain up to 38 instead of 35, narrowing the gap that Hypermode creates from x6 to x3.
From what I understand, the base shiny rate was halved, but now the chain chances non-HM users can have are now doubled, which would mean the shiny chances are the same as they were before? But for HM users, yeah, it does seem like just a straight cut in half, while doubling albinos.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Only for non-HM users. For everyone that has hypermode, that change has no effect. Sounds like a punishment for HM users not hunting for melans.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 0
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

Only for non-HM users. For everyone that has hypermode, that change has no effect. Sounds like a punishment for HM users not hunting for melans.
This update is for everyone. Not just you.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Maybe I misunderstood something or I wasn't clear: If the chain for non-hypermode users has been improved, how does that affect hypermode users? The changes to the long chain bonus only affect the chances of hatching a melan, correct? I am a hypermode+uber user (without Arceus rank) who doesn't chase melans because I don't have the attention, time, or resources to commit to an average 5,000 hatches (what is currently recommended as a normal melan hunt). If these changes make melans more common then maybe I will do longer hunts, but melans will be less valuable overall. These announced changes then will slightly increase my chances of hatching a melan for the first few hundred hatches (until I get bored and break the chain, usually well before the previous long-chain bonus of 1,000), double my chances of hatching an albino, and halve my chances of hatching a shiny. Like I said in my previous post, I fail to see the benefit for a non-melan hunter using hypermode (like me). If anything, it makes me less inclined to keep hypermode active if not having it barely reduces my chances of getting anything of value. I see these changes as bringing albinos to similar values as shinies, aka reducing their value. Shinies might become slightly more expensive, and melans will become more common as well. I was under the impression that albinos were supposed to be more valuable than shinies; rarer and harder to get. This update is going to change that. More problems for the market.
Sylveon's AvatarSylveon
The whole numbers thing makes my head spin. But if a user like me who doesn't often spend real money on this site has a slightly higher chance of hatching shiny/albino/melan. Then that makes me happy. I'm not one to do hunts and sell them in the market. So this is a boon to me. Thank you Niet! :)
Speedbump's AvatarSpeedbump
Thank you so much for this! I don't totally get the numbers or how they work out, but it's still really cool that free players get an easier time with shiny rates and such now. <3 Edit: Wow, I really didn't read into those numbers very well. While I'm really confused still, I'm sure these changes were made for a reason.

Being meguca is suffering.
all art official
Mareep's AvatarMareep

[...] pixelkitty, no. As a non-Hypermode user, your chances work out to (almost) not changing. They're slightly better in fact, but that's due to rounding. The main point of that part of the update was to narrow the gap a bit between HM and non-HM users.
I'm not sure if it's something you're willing to share with us, but I'd be interested in why you choose to just nerf the shiny rates for HM users while keeping them basically the same for non-HM users? I'm aware I don't have any data, but I feel like the shiyn odds you get with just the radar are pretty low and could use a little boost.
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I really like this update; since melans are a thing, albinos aren't really more "special" than shinies, so balancing out their chances is good I think, especially since the number of shinies gotten in a melan hunt gets a little ridiculous. I also like the 100+ bonus instead of 1000+ bonus, since as I hatch over 100 eggs a day I can make a little progress each day even if I don't hatch a melan
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

[...] pixelkitty, no. As a non-Hypermode user, your chances work out to (almost) not changing. They're slightly better in fact, but that's due to rounding. The main point of that part of the update was to narrow the gap a bit between HM and non-HM users.
I'm not sure if it's something you're willing to share with us, but I'd be interested in why you choose to just nerf the shiny rates for HM users while keeping them basically the same for non-HM users? I'm aware I don't have any data, but I feel like the shiyn odds you get with just the radar are pretty low and could use a little boost.
Non-HM needed a buff anyway, so the two were merged into this one update. It just happened to end up with there being no change overall.
Mareep's AvatarMareep

quotes

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

Non-HM needed a buff anyway, so the two were merged into this one update. It just happened to end up with there being no change overall.
Yeah, that's my question. Non-HM should get a little buff, so things got updated and what stays the same are the non-HM odds? Or do you mean non-HM needed to be closer to HM?

Pages: 123456··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page