PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Shiny / Albino rate update >

Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Here's the thing. You guys are comparing just your own hunts. I'm looking at every single person's hunts, with all modifiers factored in. I can tell you the update is working as intended. But you won't believe me, because confirmation bias.
Also a player's luck in practice always equating to the odds set in the game's code is just... not a thing, you can do something a million times and odds are the odds will still be a few magnitudes off their hard-coded probabilities. Also, if you set something to 1 in 100 and set over 10,000 players to a task, mathematically speaking at least 1 will get it twice in the first two times and tell you "this isn't working!" tl;dr RNG is being RNG
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page