PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 7891011··· 202122

selocon's Avatarselocon
Honestly it doesn't, but I was giving one reason why "little to no effort" isn't a factor in scour tournies, imo. Here is why I still don't support: NO OTHER TOURNAMENT IS AFFECTED BY ANYTHING SHORT OF A SITE LOCK And skipping part/all of a trade lock should not be allowed if this is implemented, you did something wrong, you don't get to skip out on part of your punishment because you sign up for tourney
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Zen's AvatarZen
And as others have said, why should those of us who aren't breaking rules not be allowed something fun all because someone else broke the rules? When someone breaks rules at a movie, everyone isn't thrown out of the theatre just because the one person is. They're allowed to go back to enjoying their movie. As also has been stated, when people are site locked they can't participate in ANY tourney that happens during their lock. So should tourneys just stop all because people who are locked can't do them? 'Cause by your logic, they should be.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
selocon's Avatarselocon
Did I ever say that all tourneys should be stopped? I don't remember saying so. A site lock blocks all aspects of the site, not one feature, that's my point here. No other tourney, regardless of goal, is barring anyone from participating because of a lock from one feature. This would be like rubbing it in the face of those who were trade locked.
Kang's AvatarKang

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Did I ever say that all tourneys should be stopped? I don't remember saying so. A site lock blocks all aspects of the site, not one feature, that's my point here. No other tourney, regardless of goal, is barring anyone from participating because of a lock from one feature. This would be like rubbing it in the face of those who were trade locked.
Well with this logic then tournaments are "rubbing it in the face" of those who get a site lock. Your argument about trade locking is not valid - as it doesn't make sense. >.< Like it legit shouldn't matter. Why is trade locking so bad to not have this when site locks are a thing? So with any lock argument is boils down to "well why even have tournaments then?" Edit: I KNEW I said something similar to this argument before

QUOTE originally posted by BraveHearted

Then we may as well get rid of tournies as a whole seeing as site locks are a thing. The whole trade lock argument is pretty much useless seeing as a site lock is a thing and locks players out of everything. Why should it matter if a small portion of the userbase is trade locked or site locked? Why should one type of lock get the benefit of the doubt when another lock doesn't? Seems a bit unfair. Plus a lock is a lock and a good chunk of the time the locks are in place for good reason. So if someone gets any form of a lock that is their fault and the userbase shouldn't have to not have fun based on their bad choices. As for the suggestion itself - I'm on the fence. I don't really care if this is added or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
söbble's Avatarsöbble
I don't know if I've supported this before, but I LOVE wonder trade - I'd love a tourney like this. Also, it's really weird to me to take into consideration that people who broke the rules might get left out. Like, yeah. That's the point. They messed up - if you want to maintain Arceus, follow the dang rules and you can participate in the tournament. The ,,"needs,"'' of rulebreakers shouldn't be taken into account in any suggestion lmao
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Glaciersong's AvatarGlaciersong
Support. I've never been a fan over wondertrade, but I think if during a tournament the point system being based on "more points for each unique specie sent" would make wondertrade much more fun to use. (Usually what I get in wondertrade is someone's hunt Pokemon that they can't release yet lol.) What's also nice about this is no player gets an advantage. I think it makes sense for Hypermode users to get benefits in some tournaments, but having an equal playing ground for others is good too.
Lovely Soup

Lovely Soup

Consumable

(: 0)

A special bowl of soup, made with love! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 50.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +9,339,949
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Hasty nature
Cele's AvatarCele
I'm just going to drop in and say that the point of a lock is quite literally so that they can't participate. That's what it means by its very nature to be locked. That shouldn't come into consideration when making a suggestion, because of course they won't be able to participate. If they want to keep use of site features and participate in whatever involves those features, they can follow the rules. Please don't make assumptions that it's unfair to the user who is locked when they earned that lock by their own actions. They have to deal with the consequences. :) Basing a debate on an incorrect assumption and dragging the thread off-topic is a bit inconsiderate to the person making this suggestion, if anything.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
I agree with Clee; If you mess up enough to get a lock, you lose the privilege of participating in events that people who follow the rules take part in. Tournaments in general are privileges, forums are privileges, the Discord itself is a privilege. Basically, if you can get a lock, what you get locked from is a privilege. You mess up enough, you lose your privileges That said, I support, even if I already did

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Remster's AvatarRemster
Oof, I forgot to bump ! D: So... BUMP !
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Remster's AvatarRemster
BUMP ! I FINALLY updated the first post ! I did the best I could after reading again everything, I hope I missed nothing ! Well, let's be honest for a second... I didn't update for so long because I, first, was busy with something else. But after, there was that trade lock debate, and it was very demotivating to watch... and that's why I was so silent (outside of bumping), it would have been a bad idea for me to enter the debate. I consider that I need to stay neutral, however I know myself very well and I wouldn't have been able to stay neutral during this debate. But thanks to Cele we got the answer we needed, so except if another mod say something about trade locked players, no more debate about this please ! It's off-topic ! Also, please, especially if you post here for the first time to say what you think about this suggestion, read carefully the first post ! More than 1 time I saw someone talking about special mons giving us extra points and that they were not ok with this, however it was decided quickly after the creation of this thread that they don't grant us extra points and it's indicated in the first post ! So be careful, please :) Thank you very much to everyone supporting this idea <3 And thank you to those proposing new stuff or pointing out problems ! It may help me to find a solution for those !

Pages: 123··· 7891011··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page