PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 1234··· 202122

Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
This sounds great! I have another idea for the tournament variety thing - 1pt per Pokemon wonder traded, and 5pts for any that match the V~wave/PotD :D
[ PFQ +12 | Works 9am-5pm Mon-Fri ] - Been a while, bear with me while I reacclimatise - Free Exclusive and Variant Exchange! Credits: Avatar | Signature | Banners
Remster's AvatarRemster
@Kaolin : That's a great idea ! But we need to find something to prevent players to get too many points for spamming the same type(s), like, only unique Pokémon sent matching the V-wave will grant you 5 points ? It may be complicated tho '-' And the bonus may be not that good depending of the type(s). Any idea to improve this V-Wave idea ?
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Adian's AvatarAdian
No support because it breaks an early game feature. One of the nice things about tournaments is that you can participate in any stage of game play. Editing to add: if someone is trade locked for any reason it's unfair to allow to skip that punishment to participate. Much like it's unfair to small groups of players who don't automatically have the ability to participate. Allowing new players to skip into WTing early just to participate is not a great thing and absolutely would take away the struggle early on to start filling dexes.
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
Remster's AvatarRemster
@Adian : I didn't thought about that, thanks ! I don't really remember how it is when we start to play at PFQ, but if trade are locked at the beginning, then yes, new players should not be able to use Wonder Trade until they unlock it, like the garden. But talking about the garden, we have tourney about it, so why not a WT ? Maybe trade locks players should not be able to play, but like pheaux said, it would be kinda unfair (I'm not sure about it, but can someone be trade locked if they did bad thing ?). That's an issue here, and for now I can't think of a good solution '.'
Zen's AvatarZen
What about the fishing tournies then? If you catch and keep all those pokemon, you're bound to complete a good junk of the pokedex, especially if you're changing the areas you're fishing in. And even with the fishing tournie, you still need to go to the Shelter to get the egg dexes, or breed for the dex. How would WT be any different? You'd still have to go through the Lab and Shelter to get the egg dexes, and trading is available after completing the tutorial, which really isn't that long.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Remster's AvatarRemster
I edited the part with the trade locked players. If you have any thoughts about it, let me know !
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
I support this! I think that it would be a great break from all the hatching and add more use to the wonder trade. And like anything people are going to oppose it and have negatives. But for trade locked people, they got locked for breaking a rule so they shouldn't be able to participate. And newer players should get a better grasp of the game before jumping into tournaments anyways. I actually don't remember how long it takes to be able to wonder trade, but I imagine it's not so long that you would miss a bunch of tournaments. Either way I would love to see more variety in tournaments. Just hatching a bunch of pokemon gets boring and I want to foucus on my hunt without sacrificing the tournament. Plus it's a good way to work on the achievement for wonder trading.
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104534712 / 200,000,000

QUOTE originally posted by Shiro1877

I support this! I think that it would be a great break from all the hatching and add more use to the wonder trade. And like anything people are going to oppose it and have negatives. But for trade locked people, they got locked for breaking a rule so they shouldn't be able to participate. And newer players should get a better grasp of the game before jumping into tournaments anyways. I actually don't remember how long it takes to be able to wonder trade, but I imagine it's not so long that you would miss a bunch of tournaments.
Boldface by yours truly This sort of logic applies in the real world, too; if you get into such deep trouble that you have to be punished the way you are now, you don't get the privlege of participating in something fun

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Remster's AvatarRemster
Thanks for the support ! ^^ @Zen : Fishing tourney are rare, so it's even "worse". Some tourney are more frequent than other, but it doesn't mean the WT one will be frequent. It can be just time to time (not as rare as the fishing one if possible). @Shiro1877 : Oh, I didn't thought about the achievment ! I'll add it in the pros ! @Shiro1877; @AuracleOfBacon : I'm really unsure about the thing that players that are trade locked because they break a rule shouldn't play. I don't know how it works in the staff side, so I think it'll be better if it's a thing they decide themselves '-' EDIT : First post is edited. Also, I thought again about the V-wave version proposed, but when you think about it, it may results in a lack of diversity concerning Pokémon for the Wonder Trade. I don't think that's good, so for now I don't consider the V-wave version to be a good idea. If you think otherwise, let me know !
Zen's AvatarZen
Ah, my post was to Adian, I just forgot to @ them. Sorry if you thought I was questioning you on it. ^^" Though I should mention I actually do support this myself.

Pages: 1234··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page