PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 202122

Remster's AvatarRemster
New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade Since I joined PFQ and played at the tournaments, I never saw a tourney concerning... Wonder Trade. Even when I checked the tournaments I missed because I was not here yet, none of them were about Wonder Trade. And when I looked at all the suggestions (accepted/refused), none talked about this (if it does, please let me know, I may have missed it). So this is what I'm proposing now : creating a new tournament objective where we need to wonder trade Pokémon to add more diversity, and to maybe help the Wonder Trade system to shine a little more by possibly attracting players that don't really use it. I saw some players complaining about not liking a lot all those hatching tournaments, and for this one hatching is not a necessity if you have a lot of Pokémon you don't need in your fields, or if you have a lot of shelter adopts left. Also, players hunting should still be able to hunt without problems. Of course, like when we're clicking to find bags (maybe a tourney could be created around sparring but this is not the subject here), we'll have to constantly check the Wonder Trade page, something that can be easily done if the page is in another tab (at least for PC, I don't know how it his for other devices). However, unlike fishing that prevent us a lot to click because we need to stay on the page (correct me if I'm wrong), we can still click when we are waiting for our Pokémon to be traded. This tourney could be also a good thing for players that cannot massclick, not because they don't like to massclick, but for health reasons (just an example). Now, what about special mons ? What will happen if we wonder trade a delta, a shiny, an albino, a melan, etc... (will probably not happen but we need to consider this possibility). Well, to prevent a possible "abuse" for points, players will not receive any bonus points for sending a special mons. After all, it happens players send special mons via Wonder Trade without being obligated to, so nothing will change about that. And, of course, because special mons don't give bonus points, it need to be precised to prevent some players to be upset. However, we may grant more points for each unique specie sent, like the tourney asking us to hatch a variety of Pokémon. Ex : if during the entire tourney we sent 5 Magikarp, the first one will grant us 5 points, but the others, only 1 each. This system could also results in 2 differents WT tournaments. One where every Pokémon give 1 point, and one similar to the "hatch a variety of Pokémon" where each unique species give 5 points. Also, in case someone receive a Pokémon right at the end of the tourney, but put it in their fields after because they were busy, sleeping, etc..., the point(s) will not be lost ! You'll receive your point(s) when you receive the Pokémon, not when you put it in your fields, so no worries ! Concerning players that cannot trade because of trade locks, well, it's obvious they cannot play if they cannot trade. New players cannot trade right at the beginning, so they would be excluded from the tourney, but iirc, there's a similar issue with the garden tourney. I'm pretty sure the garden is not available at first. Some may think it's unfair that locked players cannot do the tourney. However, Cele, a mod, clearly stated there that those players earned their lock and so it's normal if they can't do this tourney. Please, do not bring this discussion back. + (14) > It'll add more diversity for the tournaments
> Players that cannot massclick can do the tourney
> Players that are not fans of hatching tournaments may be interested by this one
> It may help new players getting cool or high leveled Pokémon, especially if some players show generosity by sending some special mons
> May give the will to players that normally don't Wonder Trade to actually Wonder Trade for the tourney
> If you're hunting your hunt should not be impacted because you don't have to hatch eggs to participate
> May help players to create breeding pairs more easily if there's a lot of players using Wonder Trade
> Nobody is advantaged by boosts, etc...
> This tourney can be done during a typerace
> As long as you have some Pokémon you don't need, you can participate because there's technically NO LIMIT on how many trade you can do
> 2 differents tournaments around Wonder Trade, with one a little more challenging for those wanting a lot of points
> Will help to do the Wonder Trade achievement
> You get your point(s) when you receive the Pokémon, not when you put it in your fields
> If there's a lot of players you'll not have to wait for ages to get a trade done - (6) > Like every tournaments, if you can't play a lot, you may not be able to place in the leaderboard
> Maybe there'll be message like "give this Pokémon back" or "send this Pokémon again in WT" despite the Pokémon being not anymore the property of the player that send them (if you're being harassed personally by someone due to this, report them to the staff. DO NOT report them just because the Pokémon is called like that !)
> Like the fishing tourney, having to check constantly may be annoying for some, which is understandable (only solution for this is to check time to time but you'll get less points)
> No goal are currently decided, I honestly have no idea what the goals could be for both WT tourney, but it's probably something the staff will decide themselves. It's also possible the hard goal is very high, and may be difficult to reach for the tourney where all Pokémon grant just 1 point, meaning you may have to check a lot the Wonder Trade page so you'll have less time for the rest
> Some think there's players that will Wonder Trade all day to get as much points as possible, and also that there's a lack of challenge and you just have to sit without doing anything else to do the thing... but we have the same issue for others tourneys (all of them for the as much points as possible part, garden or scour for the sit and do nothing else part). So if that's a cons it's not the only tourney that would have those problems because all the existing one already have the first problem ^^'
> There's a lot of ideas for different versions of the tourney (V-wave, egg hatched after x date, egg hatched only by you, etc...), but may be just too much for a lot of players and will probably have the same problems as hatching tourneys. I guess it's to the staff to decide how many different tourneys based around Wonder Trade should be created if it happens (that's why I'll stay with the only two in the pros, doesn't mean the others are bad ideas tho !)
And that's all ! I cannot think about more pros or cons, so I'm counting on you to discuss about this and tell me if you are supporting or not this idea, and of course, why ! If you add more stuff, maybe I'll be able to complete this by adding what you said ! Honestly, as someone that don't really Wonder Trade, I would be way more motivated to wonder trade if there was such a tourney. A big amount of players can participate to it, can receive cool Pokémon, etc... But like everything, there is flaws, so if there's one I forgot to mention, please, let me know ! And maybe we'll find something to counter it ! PS : I'm sorry for any grammar errors

EDIT summary (last edit : 19/07/2020)

EDIT 1 : Edited the special mons part because of possible "abuse", they'll not anymore give bonus points. EDIT 2 : - A player had the idea to give more points if the Pokémon is a level 100, but there is a possible "abuse" too. Instead, it gave me an idea about giving more points for each specie sent for the first time (like the tournament asking us to hatch a variety of Pokémon) - Apparently, some players cannot trade because of trade locks. Maybe we could let them do WT if they participate. EDIT 3 : New players should not be able to WT if WT is not unlocked for them, so the trade locked thing has been edited. EDIT 4 : - Added the achievement help in the pros - Some think it's normal if players that are trade locked because they broke a rule should not participate, but I can't stop thinking it may be wrong, so I think it's something the staff need to decide - A V-wave version was proposed, but there's a risk of "abuse", and there will be a lack of diversity concerning Pokémon EDIT 5 : - Added the fact we get a point as soon as we receive the Pokémon - A mod stated that trade locked players cannot participate, and it shouldn't be debated. Please don't debate again about this, it was going off-topic, and honestly it was painful to see that players where not far from fighting each others (at least from my point of view). I didn't create this suggestion to see players fight :( - The V-wave version seems too difficult for now to imagine how it'll works, so I think it's best to not add it for now - Other versions were also proposed, but we may have too much WT tournaments in the end, which is not good - Added "no goals yet" in the cons - A date idea (hatched after or during X day) was proposed, and so far it seems users agreed for this idea. We already have 2 differents WT versions, it could be a third one, but I'm scared of too much WT tourneys, and I don't want people to be tired of them, so I prefer to wait what other users think about this EDIT 6 : - Removed the cons about the fact trade locked players cannot participate. With what the mod said a long time ago, there's no reason to keep it - Edited one of the pros to add the fact that with cool Pokémon new players could also get high leveled Pokémon - Added in the cons a way to counter the constantly check problem, but it create another one that is getting less points - Added in the cons that if the hard goal is too high it may be necessary to check constantly the Wonder Trade page so unfortunately you have less time for everything else if you want the hard goal (and only the hard goal, we're not talking about the leaderboard) - Added a new "cons" about players getting too much points and lack of challenge/action - Edited one of the pros to add the fact there's normally no limit on how many trade you can do if you have Pokémon to trade - Added a cons about too many different versions of the tourneys may be a problem and the staff would be the one deciding about this in the end if it is approved - Added the number of pros and cons - Separated all the pros and cons from each other with a line to see them more easily. Will be removed/changed if not liked - Edited the cons about the name like "send this Pokémon back to WT" with the fact to report players only if they harass you personally and not just because of the name
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
mhittboi's Avatarmhittboi
This sounds like a great idea! I think, although tournaments are in an okay spot right now, a lot of users are beginning to see problems with them and I think that will turn into a decline in interest if things arent changed up. The only issue I have is with the idea of specials being worth more. Of course, a simple "Wonder Trade" tourney might be a bit repetitive in contrast. I think that having specials involved heavily swings favour in the way of older, or paying, members. After all, a new member probably wont want to trade their only shiny, whereas a member who is melan hunting with full boosts will be a lot more lenient. Might I suggest something like "Wonder trade a variety of Pokemon"? It could lead to people receiving more interesting things over WT, as opposed to people putting in Pokémon they don't want. I dunno, I think your idea is great, and a huge step towards what Pokefarm needs, but maybe needs a bit of feedback to help make it more engaging c:
Remster's AvatarRemster
@mhittboy : Thank you ! ^^ I, too, have a little problem with the special mons part, I'm unsure about it, that's why I stated that, if special mons don't give more points, then players should be warned (so they can't complain they don't get any bonus after sending a special). And that's also why it's the only thing I was saying "if it's a thing" in the pros and cons :) I'll wait for more feedbacks, to see what other players think about this issue.
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
I really like this idea. I'm on the fence in regards if specials should give more points. Not for the "older players have advantage" aspect. In most hatching tourneys, players that have better Shelter passes, better wishforge badges or more gp to buy Daycare passes, have a clear advantage (and they deserve it, they worked hard for it). My problem is, if a lot of people send shinies, what's there to stop me from sending the shinies I get from WT back? I might be overthinking this, but I think this could be abused. Other than that, I support!
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda

QUOTE originally posted by MariNee

I really like this idea. I'm on the fence in regards if specials should give more points. Not for the "older players have advantage" aspect. In most hatching tourneys, players that have better Shelter passes, better wishforge badges or more gp to buy Daycare passes, have a clear advantage (and they deserve it, they worked hard for it). My problem is, if a lot of people send shinies, what's there to stop me from sending the shinies I get from WT back? I might be overthinking this, but I think this could be abused. Other than that, I support!
I feel like if newer players were to participate and receive shinies, they’d either keep it, because it’s a new shiny, or sell it, quick cash. There could be a discussion thread about receiving and sending back shinies so that it would be fair (ie. nobody gets more money from others’ shinies.) I fully support this idea other than that!
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
Remster's AvatarRemster
@MariNee; @SquishyPanda : Thank you to both ! I see now a big issue concerning the possible "abuse" with special mons, so I have edited the first post to change the special mons thing, and just say that players will not get bonus points, but they'll be warned about this (so no complain). You can re-read the first post to see the changes, and tell me what do you think about it ! :)
cherrycharm's Avatarcherrycharm
Definite support, this sounds like a ton of fun! Points could be based on a mon's level maybe? Like WTing a lvl 100 mon gives more points than a lvl 1, although I'm not sure what kind of difference would make it most do-able for the tourney
Sweet Heart

Sweet Heart

Consumable

(: 0)

A heart-shaped chocolate given to you by someone who cares about you! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 20.

Sells for 1

Lv. 85 — 9,282 / 23,852
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugRock
Happiness MAX
Naughty nature
Remster's AvatarRemster
@cherrycharm : It could be an idea, but again, there could be "abuse" with them, so, I think the best to prevent abuse is : everyone get 1 point for each Pokémon sent and that's all. But maybe we could get 2 or 3 points for each new specie sent ? Like, if you send 5 Magikarp, only the first one will grant you 2/3 points for the entire tourney ? What do you think ? It'll be like one of the hatching tourney where we need to hatch a variety of Pokémon, with the first of each specie giving us 5 points (IIRC).
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
I think this is an interesting idea. I don't really have any problems with it by itself, though giving out extra points for any reason seems like a bad idea. But, there is the fact that trade locks exist, and so there would be people who couldn't participate at all. Other tourney types, if the wiki is correct and I remember correctly, can be done even if you have locks on your account (except obviously site locks). Just something to think about I guess.
Avatar is official art from Pokemon Typing Adventure Look at him:
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 99 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
Remster's AvatarRemster
@pheaux : I wasn't aware of the "trade locks" thing, thank you for this infos ! I edited again the first post, adding new stuff about points and players that are trade locks. So again, please, tell me what you think about it ! I don't know how some things works (like the trade locks thing), so I'm sorry if my idea for them is not good !

Pages: 123··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page