PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 19202122

Arlen.mp3's AvatarArlen.mp3
support-- it could be fun to wonder trade if a lot of others are doing it too there would be less wait and probably more variety so it can also help newer users with their dex
Noise is calling pick up phone
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
gayquazas's Avatargayquazas
support! i wonder trade a lot, but it feels like only the same few people are doing it sometimes, so more people would make it more fun for those of us already doing it! plus i know a lot of people have tons of pokémon from hunts they don't want and so it would actually be nice while hunting i think....someone else gets one of the phantumps i have 800 of and i get a pokémon i don't have a lot of! idk i'm really excited about this tourney idea and i really hope it happens :)
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Team Inferno Overdrive trophy by Noahverse
Loghrif's AvatarLoghrif
Support! I enjoy wonder trade and would be happy to see it incorporated into a site event. Goes along with interaction tournies etc as gaining points for being an active user.
Pokemon Pinball Sprite
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
I'm in favour of this! Wonder Trade is sadly very underutilized, and this would be a great way to breathe life back into the feature.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
While I can certainly see the appeal of something like that, I just don't think it would be particularly interesting to have a tournament basically devolve into "throw the same Magikarp into the Wonder Trade over and over as many times as you can click the button". It just doesn't have the same lasting appeal, y'know?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

While I can certainly see the appeal of something like that, I just don't think it would be particularly interesting to have a tournament basically devolve into "throw the same Magikarp into the Wonder Trade over and over as many times as you can click the button". It just doesn't have the same lasting appeal, y'know?
This feels like a very reductive way of looking at it. Could other tournaments not be described just as unappealingly? Scour tourneys, for instance, can be devolved into "throw the same three Magikarp into the Forest location over and over as many times as you can click the button". Berries tourneys, into "plant the same berries over and over as many times as you can click the button".
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Sure, but those doesn't affect anyone actually trying to use the Wonder Trade feature for its intended purpose.
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
I mean, to change that, it could be incentivized to putting different Pokémon in the WT rather than the same thing. Like a bit more points for different Pokemon thrown into the mix (similar to hatching a variety of eggs but with Pokémon in the wonder trade). Since more and more people would be using the feature with the tournament, most likely will one person not get the same things over and over I would support the idea of the Wonder Trade being tournament viable, as it’s a feature that hasn’t always been utilized as often as it should! Edit: autocorrect and I realized it’s also stated in the main post about the issue of sending the same Pokémon!

QUOTE originally posted by Remster

However, we may grant more points for each unique specie sent, like the tourney asking us to hatch a variety of Pokémon. Ex : if during the entire tourney we sent 5 Magikarp, the first one will grant us 5 points, but the others, only 1 each. This system could also results in 2 differents WT tournaments. One where every Pokémon give 1 point, and one similar to the "hatch a variety of Pokémon" where each unique species give 5 points.
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM
Remster's AvatarRemster

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Is there a way to keep track of which pokemon was sent during the tournament like, keeping track of a pokemon ID, like this, if you sent 2 time the same pokemon, you don't get points the second time ? Or maybe you have a cooldown until you can sent it back (how long I dunno), like we have a cooldown until we can release our pokemon ? Cooldown could be just during the tourney to prevent abuse, and when the tourney ends there's none to let people trade like normal ?

Pages: 123··· 19202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page