PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 171819202122

Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Moffkat's AvatarMoffkat
Support! This tourney may not be for everyone, sure, but not every tourney is everyone's cup of tea! And like all tourneys, it benefits whoever has the most time to, well... sit on PFQ xD. But this allows more freedom as well, and, yeah! The WT system is slowly/already dying. Trades go on for hour-ish on end sometimes. And as it just..provides people to trade pokemon, yeah! Sure. There's probably going to be a decent amount of fodder thrown in there; in my opinion, a created after x/x date could arguably make that worse because of how many people on the site are hunting and... how most of the newborn pokemon they'll have will be of whatever they're hunting. Personally, I have a decent amount of hidden fields, and a bucketload of pokemon I don't care for, but maybe don't want to just release to the shelter because I like keeping a growing number of pokemon in my fields. Replacements, through WT, would fix that! And I could trade away some fields of fakemon/spare legendaries. Just a thought, really. Newer players will rely on the shelter/lab, but they can trade pokemon away again too! Full support, this feels like it encourages the community effort aspect of PFQ that's been dying a way a tad over the past couple years. Similar to the FabFriday bar, to have a fun time, everyone doing just a little helps! So it's not just Arceus Rank hunters trading back and forth. It would also give new players the chance to reach the top. It won't be available till the end of the tutorial, but that's much shorter than it used to be, and most players will be attached to their first few mon's to begin with. This sounds fun :) thanks for the suggestion!
you are everything don't forget that
she/her | -5 server time perpetually eepy art by sheepoid
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
artykins's Avatarartykins
Support! Especially since wonder trade is a way to reach out and give gifts to random players, its also a great way to help players make pairs in quick succession who don't want to find a swapping partner or have to talk with anyone about swapping. I think a con would be that it would be easier for players to give pokemon inappropriate names and result in suspensions of random players(?). Since it would be people trading faster and usually only looking at the type/berry so they could send it to a feild.
210/2,000
pfp credit
: 1107 : 0 My New Shop: S/A, Boxbox Hunts and more!
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
Shads42's AvatarShads42
This idea is really neat and I fully support this. I actually hurt my wrist and can't massclick right now, so I've been bummed about not being able to participate in tournaments over the next few weeks. Tournaments like this also make it easier to hit the goals if you're super busy irl and/or disabled in a way that makes mass clicking difficult. I hope this doesn't get seen as overstepping but I thought of perhaps some suggested goals for the two variants outlined in the main post: Variant 1: Simple Trading (1 point per trade) Easy: 40 points Medium: 80 points Hard: 140 points Variant 2: Trade a variety of pokemon (5 points for unique species, 1 point for duplicates) Easy: 100 points Medium: 250 points Hard: 500 points It's just a suggestion though, idk if these would be too hard >_<
  • About Me
  • My Shops
  • Cool Pokemon
Disabled college student studying computer science Asexual, Demiromantic, Demigirl (she/her or they/them plz) Type Race: 0 points Open to sparring, doing delta clicks for delta clicks, and massclicking
My trade shop, run in conjunction with my cousin KaidaMcWoomy: [link] My art shop: [link]
I really like Salamence, Sandaconda, Dratini, Dragonair, Mightyena, Poochyena, Spheal, Seel, Rayquaza, and any members of their evolutionary line (aside from dragonite). One day I hope to be able to hord a bunch of them ^_^
Remster's AvatarRemster
@Shads42 : I prefer to not add goals because I feel it's something that the staff would decide themselves (they'll need to find a good balance between the objective of the tourney, the amount of points to get, and the difficuty, all of this in 5 days max), tho it's nice to see what you think would be good, especially if you have issues to massclick because of pain (and I feel you because I don't massclick that much anymore either, my hands hurt easily) ! Thank you for your suggestion ! :) Also, for the variant 2, I have a question for @EVERYONE. Do you think it should be for each unique pokémon (like the magikarp example in the first post), or each unique pokémon family (ex: trading a squirtle will give you 5 points, but if later you trade a wartortle, you only get 1 point even if it's the first wartortle you send) ?
Sägamohr's AvatarSägamohr
I 100% support this. I wondertrade obsessively both on PFQ and in legitimate Pokemon games, and I was about to pitch a similar idea. I'm glad someone else already has. Wondertrading/Trading tournaments versus hatching/evolving tournaments could add that little splash of diversity! Instead of thinking "well if we hatched before, we'll hatch again and then it's (x)..." I think people could genuinely get excited about a wondertrade tourny- ESPECIALLY off the back of a type race/hatch tourney double like we have right now. Re: Variant 2- I think it should come down to each unique Pokemon. This would hopefully curb people sending out mass-hatched pokes in order to farm points, and encourage players who can't seem to get rid of that 'bino they can never sell to let it go into the 'trade stream' as it were.

Pages: 123··· 171819202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page