PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 678910··· 202122

Kang's AvatarKang
Then we may as well get rid of tournies as a whole seeing as site locks are a thing. The whole trade lock argument is pretty much useless seeing as a site lock is a thing and locks players out of everything. Why should it matter if a small portion of the userbase is trade locked or site locked? Why should one type of lock get the benefit of the doubt when another lock doesn't? Seems a bit unfair. Plus a lock is a lock and a good chunk of the time the locks are in place for good reason. So if someone gets any form of a lock that is their fault and the userbase shouldn't have to not have fun based on their bad choices. As for the suggestion itself - I'm on the fence. I don't really care if this is added or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
Quote's AvatarQuote
Support. It's a tournament type accessible to anyone, even new players with little resources, and it's one more to balance out alll the "hatch the egg" and evolution tourneys. As for trade locked and Arceus users, why should they get special consideration? If a user gets trade locked it's their own fault, too bad for them. And keeping Arceus rank is a choice. Anyone who can keep Arceus rank has the funds to be able to buy tokens and an egg pass anyway, or they can just wait until that egg is repeated as a prize in a later tournament.
avatar credit to NiCALIS and Pixel for the art of the game Cave Story
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder

QUOTE originally posted by Quote

Support. It's a tournament type accessible to anyone, even new players with little resources, and it's one more to balance out alll the "hatch the egg" and evolution tourneys. As for trade locked and Arceus users, why should they get special consideration? If a user gets trade locked it's their own fault, too bad for them. And keeping Arceus rank is a choice. Anyone who can keep Arceus rank has the funds to be able to buy tokens and an egg pass anyway, or they can just wait until that egg is repeated as a prize in a later tournament.
First off I dont really know where i stand on this suggestion, but I do have to pick at what you said about Arceus rankers having the funds to buy tokens. Not all of us actually have a ton of funds contrary to what people on site think. I have 51k credits 200gp and no zc to my name right now. Most of us participate in such events to PUSH for top 100 and get an egg that also coicendentally doesnt break the chain of whatever we are hunting. Which brings forth another point i should make. Not only would someone who managed to buy the token have to buy those but they would need to buy an egg pass as well. having a Higher rank doesnt mean you have more money. it just means you put in more effort to complete the dex.
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
OtterMana's AvatarOtterMana

QUOTE originally posted by Adian

No support because it breaks an early game feature. One of the nice things about tournaments is that you can participate in any stage of game play. Editing to add: if someone is trade locked for any reason it's unfair to allow to skip that punishment to participate. Much like it's unfair to small groups of players who don't automatically have the ability to participate. Allowing new players to skip into WTing early just to participate is not a great thing and absolutely would take away the struggle early on to start filling dexes.
Why dont we just fix this by not letting new users know that a tourney is going on until their tutorial is complete?
Trainer Card Base: Pokecharms Made by me
Made by PupperCakes
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Remster's AvatarRemster
Bump !
selocon's Avatarselocon
Still no support. As I said, no other tourney is done in such a way that anything short of a site lock can bar you from participation. A trade lock is a punishment for breaking some sort of trade rule. Plus, you'd have to have insane goals for this, "WT 500 pokemon" for the easy goal, since it's literally "pick pokemon. Wait. Collect. Repeat." And probably close to 2 or 2.5k for the hard goal. Little to no effort required for this, and little waiting, unlike scour tourneys. Also, scoring more for getting a shiny would just cause more people to put in shinies in hopes of getting one back and getting more points. *If* this was to happen, I'd want probably 2k or more for easy goal and 1 point per pokemon. Period. No extras for shiny/Albino/melan/delta/legend
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Zen's AvatarZen

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

...Little to no effort required for this, and little waiting, unlike scour tourneys...
Same could be said for fishing tourneys. Fishing tourneys are literally press button, wait, press button again, press another button or two, repeat. Not to mention bait and balls needed to fish actually being rather cheap and easy to get the credits for just from scouring. So should we then remove scour tourneys and fishing tourneys because they're press a button and wait? Sure, there's an hour wait before scours come back, but they're still just press a button, wait for mon to come back.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
selocon's Avatarselocon

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

...Little to no effort required for this, and little waiting, unlike scour tourneys...
Same could be said for fishing tourneys. Fishing tourneys are literally press button, wait, press button again, press another button or two, repeat. Not to mention bait and balls needed to fish actually being rather cheap and easy to get the credits for just from scouring. So should we then remove scour tourneys and fishing tourneys because they're press a button and wait? Sure, there's an hour wait before scours come back, but they're still just press a button, wait for mon to come back.
Fishing tourneys have moderately high goals, right? And also, fishing is rather boring so there's that. Scour tourneys have an hour wait and RNG involved, you could have an hour of all boxes or an hour of all nothings. There's little to no RNG involved with WT besides who you trade with.
Kang's AvatarKang

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

Fishing tourneys have moderately high goals, right? And also, fishing is rather boring so there's that. Scour tourneys have an hour wait and RNG involved, you could have an hour of all boxes or an hour of all nothings. There's little to no RNG involved with WT besides who you trade with.
And since when are all tournaments based on just RNG? Hatching tournaments aren't RNG based (or they aren't always). So why does RNG even need to matter here? All the OP is trying to suggest is another type of tournament as it adds something new to the ever repeating tournaments. I don't see the harm in it at all and your reasons for not supporting are a bit out there to say the least. Sorry to put it so bluntly. I just don't understand why RNG all of a sudden matters - when not all the current tournies are RNG based.

Pages: 123··· 678910··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page