PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New kind of Tournament : Wonder Trade

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 202122

selocon's Avatarselocon
The biggest problem I see with this is that it can be purposefully excluding people who did get trade locked. With all the other tourneys, the only thing preventing you from participating is whether or not you really want to. You can't get "fishing locked" or "scour locked" unless you get site locked in and of itself. But you can get trade locked, which essentially means that this kind of tournament is, by its nature, forcibly excluding those who cannot do trades. So no support, because no one should be, essentially, forced to not participate in a tourney for any reason.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Zen's AvatarZen
So... should we then remove all tournies because they're not fair to those who are account locked? After all, being account locked means you can't participate in any tourney until the lock ends or staff let you come back. If someone broke the rules and got trade locked, that's their fault, not everyone elses. Why should we not be allowed something fun because someone else can't follow simple rules? Saying we can't have WT tournies because someone we possibly don't know is trade locked kinda sounds like saying someone can't go to the movies because their never around, twice removed, great, great uncle is banned from a movie theater. Not to mention, in schools, fairs, movie theaters, etc... if you break their rules and get banned from doing something or get kicked out entirely, the place doesn't just shut down because one person can't have fun over breaking the rules. They don't even blink at that person while everyone who is following the rules continues to enjoy themselves in whatever their doing. Sure, this may not be real life, but the same principle still applies... why should we not be allowed to have something fun because of someone breaking the rules?
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
selocon's Avatarselocon
Not saying we should end all tourneys, but a site lock is different, you can't use the whole site. Rather than one feature such as a trade lock. Unless we just start randomly excluding people from tournies for no reason to make it "fair"
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
If someone is trade locked, that means they did something that broke the rules. If they broke the rules, they shouldn’t be allowed to participate in something that requires them to do that same thing. If they got a trade lock, it’s their fault.
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
with being site locked you cant hatch eggs so do we have to get rid of egg tourneys? no. becaus it is THEIR fault they got locked. not ours. they can still do the trade tourney when they get unlocked or next time it appears. like when you get site locked and and need to hatch eggs and when you get unlocked you can now hatch eggs. why should everyone else not have fun when 1 person is the issue? its like being in a classroom and the annoying kid makes the teacher mad and now the whole class cant go to the zoo. instead of doing that and punishing the people who are innocent let them have fun while the person in trouble deals with the punishment. its not fair for those who actually did nothing wrong. people get locked from wonder trade all the time but we still have wonder trade. honestly if PFQ punished everyone for 1 person being a butt, then i dont think anyone would stay around on PFQ because it wouldnt be fun for anyone because why would they stay if they are getting punished for no reason?

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Not saying we should end all tourneys, but a site lock is different, you can't use the whole site. Rather than one feature such as a trade lock. Unless we just start randomly excluding people from tournies for no reason to make it "fair"
Do people get "randomly" trade locked "for no reason"? No? How does this statement make any sense, then? Being able to participate in tournies isn't a 'right' users have. If a user breaks the rules and is punished by a site-feature lock, they WILL be excluded from anything involving that feature. They are already at a disadvantage, they are already being excluded from site features; that's the point of a lock. It is a punishment and a warning for breaking the rules. It is NOT random and NOT undeserved.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Ehhhh I came into this thread wanting to support, because heck, would love more types of tourneys But reading above I'm gonna be a super hard neutral on this People do get trade locked, yes. And some might say this is their own fault. But. Everyone makes mistakes, you know? Someone might've done something intentionally. Or it could've been unintentional. Regardless, they are already serving a punishment for whatever went down. If this were to be implemented, then these individuals who have gotten trade locked, for whatever reason, would be, as mentioned, excluded from these particularly tournaments. I understand both point of views from this. On the one hand, they got the locked because they did something wrong. Nobody just up and decided "hey let's punish this user and lock their account, or lock their trading privileges because why not." On the other though, while a user could have gotten the lock, and they could have deserved it, that isn't to say they haven't understood what they did wrong, nor is it to imply it is a permanent lock. So as stated, I am neutral on the suggestion. I wouldn't mind more tourneys, honest, but this one just doesn't seem like it would be fair to everyone, and thus I am not sure I can support, or not support.
Zen's AvatarZen

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

...Everyone makes mistakes, you know? Someone might've done something intentionally. Or it could've been unintentional...
I'd imagine if someone truly did make a mistake then they wouldn't get trade locked for it. Like you said, mistakes happen. A warning the first time if it was because of a mistake or an accident sounds more likely then staff trade locking them for it. Would be a little silly to trade lock someone over one mistake, don't you think? The only way I could see staff trade locking someone for a mistake is if they keep repeating the mistake after being warned a few times. Once or twice is a mistake/accident. A few times? Usually not an accident.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Not all locks are permanent. My point is someone could've been trade locked, and it couldn't be permanent, but because they made this mistake, and the tourney could fall during this time, they are out of luck. It's not a guaranteed happening, but if this were the case, they wouldn't even be able to score the 1 point needed to even buy the egg. Sure they got locked, sure they could've earned it, sure they could possibly not have learned from it, but regardless, it rather significantly messes with their ability to do the tournament. If it is a player on a melan hunt and they have a high enough chain but need this egg for Arceus rank, and they couldn't get the 1 point needed to buy the egg after the tourney, then they must wait until they can participate in that tourney, which is a long time if you really think about it. I just don't think it fair to just let these players suffer because of this lock they've gotten. That's just my opinion though. -shrug-
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
Personally, I'm going to say no support because I already find fishing boring, Wonder Trading ain't much better, I'd hate to have that as an objective when it's an egg I need in order to keep Arceus. On the topic of trade locks though, the most likely reasons for a trade lock I'd assume is trading/releasing someone else's Pokémon they've received as a Dex trade or something? So keep them locked out of direct trades with others but allow them access to Wonder Trading?
Other
• Current Type Race points: 0 •

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page