PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Acottontail's probally a journal

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 123··· 111213141516

ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Let me vent about how stressed I am right now. Let's see, right now I have a children's book project for school which requires me to make pages. Pages take an hour each, so every day in October I've been doing two or three pages a day to make sure I get it done by the deadline. I also have to finish my sprite shop orders by the 22nd. Making people wait 2 months for an order is insane and I have lost my motivation for most of it. There are also two comics I want to make. Spar Wild and one with my characters for an original universe. I've had a page done for spar wild since the end of June, but I kept worrying whether it made sense or not, especially after getting Mawile's dex wrong in Tennis. If I post it now I feel like it will be disrespectful to those who have waited TWO MONTHS for sprites in my sprite shop. I want to post it after I'm done with my current orders. Ah, and the next comic after that will be silly product placement. Still, I sort of want to make a strip with Aquali. Still I wanted to make a Halloween comic for my original universe but I'm not sure if I can get it done in time, especially with how much time it is taking with the children's book. At least the children's book is set in the same universe. I also want to make a game. I don't know how to use any real game engines(other than scratch and visual studio, but they don't count). Engines seem to have hour long tutorials on how to use them, and it's just argg. And I don't have any time to do that due to the children's book. And finally I waste way to much time on TvTropes and Youtube. At least I can make progress in PFQ while watching youtube by having two windows open. But TvTropes, being text based requires a lot of scrolling. That does not mix with clicking very well. And by the time I'm finished making my children's book that day, I am usually too tired to do something else. Also there are gyms I want to challenge, but I don't have the motivation to and that combined with the fact you can only face gyms for a limited amount of time before they close forever. (Internal screaming) Still let me just say how grateful I am for Axle Stark right now. I had a challenger who I thought I was going to lose against. They had a primal Palkia and Dialga which swept through 2/3 of my team. Crisis and Overdrive had already fainted because of their dragon weakness, and I had no other 780 BST pokemon. Then I realize, Axle Stark is a Dragon and STEEL type. No dragon weakness, no fairy weakness. Axle beat their Dialga, so maybe I can still beat them. Either way they have at least EV trained their pokemon so if I lose, I lose to a worthy trainer. Also Shiny Axew! I have no idea what to name her, or what to evolve her in, but she is the first shiny of the hunt. I hope to get a full line. Still right now I'm 283 in the chain.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
Retelling of the he Spinjitzu Masters Gym, not exact words.
"The Spinjitzu gym should be up here" Branch says leading his trainer into the gym. ACottontail enters the gym her pokemon at her side. Aquali follows behind her with a blue pool noddle that is decorated to look like a spear. He trips but quickly gets up and winks at Nya, and keeps going along like it was all according to plan. Willow gives a friendly wave to the gym leader's pokemon. "Hello, I would like to challenge the Spinjitzu masters gym. Let's do this 3 on 3, iconic type triangle style." Crystal the Umbreon runs up to you, smiling brightly. "Welcome, ACottontail!" she exclaims. "Are you ready to battle?" Nya smiles at Aquali, not noticing his fall. She jumps next to Crystal, looking up at you. "The gym leader will send out her Pokémon in the order you listed, so please also use the same order of Pokémon as well! Please also send one spar, and I will send the next!" Crystal says. Round 1 VS Willow holds on and with determination, wins the match! Round 2 VS Branch takes the triumph and wins! Round 3 VS Aquali regains his pride and wins! Aquali raises his pool noddle to the sky in triumph. "Congratulations, ACottontail! You have beaten the Spinjitzu Masters gym! Here is the badge." Crystal gave the badge to ACottontail. "I should probably retrain my pokemon. Thank you for the match, and I hope to see you again soon!" "Thank you for the battles," said ACottontail, accepting her badge, "I had a lot of fun." ACottontail enjoyed facing her pokemon off in near equal matches and how kind the gym leader was. She really needed to challenge gyms more often. ACottontail exited the gym with her team, and went onto the next adventure.
So that was the Spinjitzu Masters Gym
To do list,
  • Update my comic Spar wild
  • Make a comic for my original universe
  • Work on sprite orders
  • Challenge more gyms
  • Make that virtual card game I've been wanting to make
  • Challenge more gyms
  • Practice spriting trainers so you can add that to your shop
  • Add more sprite types to my shop
  • Develop my OCs more
  • Finish my story Back to Play
  • Create a sprite school
Here is a list for things that you can do instead of wasting your life on TVtropes and Youtube. Please for the love of Arecus don't waste any more of your life, you've procrastinated enough, it's time to get your dreams done. You'll be happier once you do. Why am I talking in 3rd person?
My contest entries part 3
I was originally going to post this on the luckiest hatch thread, but I figured it might be too off topic so. I've hatched a few random shinys and Albinos before, But my luckiest, it's not exactly a hatch. During the Valentines day events you can buy a custom sprite for 500 zc, so it's a bit like hatching a really expensive egg. You only get one chance at nature and stuff. I bought an Amorvoir and he had a Special attack boosting nature and decent IVs. I love sparing on PFQ and having a power boosting nature is extremely important to me when training up pokemon. Without the good nature he would probably just be sitting around my farm, rarely seen by me like the rest of my custom sprites that have been cursed with bad natures, IVs or both. But Amorvoir was blessed with a good nature and IVs. Since then Amorvoir started developing a life of his own. He is the over dramatic, drama king of my farm, and I'm really glad he's part of my team. Wait a minute. I can post this on show me your goodest pokemon thread, can't I? Let me just find it... Wait, I already talked about him there.
So it is Halloween. This year I went out as the parasol lady trainer class. I wasn't sure if it would rain or not, so I went out as one just in case. I wore a pink jacket with a purple umbrella. I had a small Psyduck plush in my pocket, and a Ducklett plush on my Halloween basket. I had on a Primaria pin, and had a pokeball belt around my waist with a great ball and a net ball in it. More people asked me if it was raining than what my costume was... Still I remember when I was little I was a cat princess, then a caterpillar, then a cocoon, then a butterfly. After that I was a pokemon trainer every year. Still I was playing with Aikra, and one of my characters, Slimeith, is such a lazy bum. It was halloween, so for decorations he threw some streamers in front of his house and called it a day. So he just had some streamers on his doormat, and nowhere else. He doesn't feel like he can afford candy so after deciding against giving trick or treaters tomatoes, he just stuck some melted candy bars from last year in the freezer then put them out in a bowl. The trick or treaters were not happy and his house got TPed. He also wore the same pillow costume he wore last year.
Did a Cherrim in depth pokedex entry for a contest, backing it up here for when the contest gets deleted. And I won, yay! I'm glad to have won Cobalt
Cherrim

Essential Info

Cherrim, the Blossom Pokemon, Cherrim is 1,08 and weighs 20.5lbs. Cherrim are grass type pokemon. Cherrim is the evolution of Cherubi which evolves at level 25. It takes about 5,120 steps to hatch a Cherubi egg. Training against Cherrim appears to boost special attack. Cherrim appears to be very closely related to Cherry blossoms. The concentration that makes up their petals are chemically similar to them. It is commonly believed that the first Cherubi were created by a genetic mutation in cherry tree's cherries which made them more animal like. These cherries evolved to be more pokemon-like throughout generations of evolution leaving us with the Cherrim line we know today. Cherrim have two forms. Cherrim's overcast form has a pink body covered by purple petals. On top of their heads are leaves and a pink bulb. In harsh sunlight it transforms into sunshine form. It's body becomes yellow and it's petals spread out and become pink. It has two cherries on it's head, and appears to be wearing dress-like petals over it's body with a green triangle on them. It's body radiates energy in this form that it shares with other pokemon.

Habitat

Cherrim are native to the Sinnoh region. There have been spottings elsewhere, however the Cherrim in these regions are believed to be introduced by Cherrim either being released or blown away from their trainers. Cherrim should not naturally be found outside of Sinnoh, and tend to fare poorly outside of it. Cherrim tend to live on the tops of trees, however they are often seen running around on the ground and between trees to find food and to play. Cherrim are attracted to places with a lot of sunlight, and places with honey available. Habitat observations: Sinnoh: Cherrim thrive in Sinnoh. They can be found on honey trees throughout the region. It is said that Cherrim in the Sinnoh region live the longest, and are the happiest out of all the Cherrim in the world. Cherrim are often seen either on the upper branches of honey trees or around Combee nests. Cherubi are much more commonly seen in honey trees as Cherrim tend to glide on breezes in the surrounding area and flee if they spot a trainer with stronger pokemon. Cherubi are not as mobile which is why they are found when trainers slather sweet honey on a tree. Cherubi have been reported to be around levels 5-15. No data could be found on what wild Cherrim's levels tend to be. Cherrim love Combee and their honey. Cherrim will offer their nectar so Combees can make honey. Wurmple and it's evolutions are predators to Cherrim. Starly are predators to Cherubi that try to eat it's second cherry, preventing evolution, if it spots one while flying over honey trees. Cherrim and Burmy have a neutral fear of each other. It is commonly theorized that Cherrim have instincts that tell them bug types are all predators and Burmy appear to easily be afraid of other pokemon. Cherrim compete with Hearcross for Combee's honey. Hearcross are known to steal honey from Cherrim and Combee. Sunshine form Cherrim are known to play with Aipom in honey trees. On the rare occurrence Muchlax appear by honey trees Cherrim tend to avoid them. Muchlax are only known to come to honey trees when trainers slather honey on them. Muchlax rarely invade low hanging Combee nests, providing extra competition for Cherrim. Johto National Park: Cherubi, the preevolution of Cherrim have been spotted in a very specific location in national park. On one tree Cherubi flock to it. Everywhere else in Johto the population tends to be one or zero. The Cherubi of the area appear to subsist entirely on sunlight and sometimes the leaves from the tree they live on, not giving them enough energy to evolve. It has been noticed that some of the second cherries on some older Cherubi have begun to shrivel up. This is due to the Cherubi giving up on evolution, and using it's second cherry's nutrients to increase it's lifespan. It is theorized that the few Cherubi that do evolve into Cherrim willingly float away in the breeze looking for a less crowded place with more sunlight, and more honey. These migrating Cherrim usually travel alone, and there are no other places Cherrim are known to sustainability thrive in Johto. Due to the large amount of Cherubi crammed together in an area it is hard to keep track of individuals for study purposes. The cluster of Cherubi together appears to be unsustainable, and it is predicted that the non fully grown Cherubi will be forced to move and be picked off, and the tree they live on will die due to them blocking most of the light needed for photosynthesis, and their constant eating of it's leaves. The Cherubi of the area seem to not want to move to any other tree. The reason for this is unknown. Unova Route 12: In the past Cherrim have been spotted in route 12 of the Unova region. Cherubi there evolve quickly due to increase their chances of surviving with other high leveled pokemon. Cherrim here tend to be levels 48-58. Higher level Cherrim seem to enjoy the company of other high leveled pokemon the most, and would fight with them if engaged in battle. Cherrim here seem to act more violent than Cherrim found anywhere else in the wild, presumably due to their high level. They seem to act very caring and motherly to the Sunkern there. It is theorized that the Sunkern remind them of their own young. There have been more reports of Cherrim taking care of Sunkern in the area than Sunflora, this is due to the very low number of Sunflora in the area. Cherrim seem attracted to Rapidash, who usually either welcome the company or try to shake them away in annoyance. Rapidash's flames remind Cherrim of the sun. A Rapidash that knows sunny day will have many Cherrim flock to it. Cherrim often seem to play with Audino in the area. Cherrim are very friendly towards Combee. They love the honey Combee produce and will offer it's nectar in return. It's nectar tastes sweeter if it was harvested in Sunshine form, and tastes more bitter in overcast form. Due to this Combee usually only seek the nectar of sunshine form Cherrim. Despite loving Combee Cherrim tend to fear Vespiquen due to their typing. Cherrim are in rivalry with Heracross for honey. Heracross are known to steal honey from Combee and Cherrim. Predators of Cherrim are Kakuna, Pinsir, and sometimes Tranquill and Unfezant, however they are much more likely to go after Pinsir and, especially Combee and Heracross more than Cherrim. This is due to their preference in bugs, and annoyance about worry seed. Most Cherrim are afraid of Metapod and Butterfree due to their typing. Butterfree seem to act friendly towards Cherrim and there have been a few cases of them playing together. Cherrim tend to have varied reactions to Emolga. A portion of Cherrim appear to enjoy playing with Emolga, while another portion fear them. This is speculated to come from Cherrim's confusion about Emolga's typing, with some Cherrim only considering birds flying types. Cherrim are known to act neutral towards Dunsparce. In the years between 2010-2012 route 12 went through radical changes. The Cherrim there went extinct. A new predator, Sewaddle was introduced, and the population of Pinsir increased. A new rival for Combee's honey was introduced, Roselia. All Roselia produced a sweet scent Combee love while only a few Cherrim could do so. Roselia's petals being colorful all the time and better ability to resist it's predator's attacks led to it taking over Cherrim's role in the ecosystem, and the Cherrim in the area went extinct or were captured by trainers. Hoenn Mirage forests: There have been sightings of forests north of Lilycove city with Cherrim in them. These forests can not always be found however group efforts have better chances of spotting them. Cherrim in these forests grow up very quickly due to the pokemon in the area being high leveled. Cherrim here tend to be between levels 36 and 38. Cherrim in these forests are spotted to eat mushrooms, something that Cherrim in no other regions have been spotted doing. Cherrim are less common than the other pokemon found here which gives indication their population is on a decline. Cherrim seem to act very caring and motherly to the Sunkern in this area. It is theorized that the Sunkern remind them of their own young. Cherrim tend to be on friendly terms with the Tangela. Overcast Cherrim tend to keep their distance while sunshine form Cherrim are often seen playing with them, getting caught in it's vines and tickling them to get out. Cherrim seem to fear Purugly of the area. While it is not an actual predator the grass type pokemon of the forest seem to all act tense around it, and Purugly has been known to steal nests.

Adaptability

Cherrim's main food sources are honey and sunlight, though it also eats berries from time to time. Cherrim tend to live in places with access to a lot of sunlight and Combee for honey, however they have proven they only need the former to survive. Cherrim try to go into they're sunshine form as much as possible. In overcast form they tend to wait on the tops of tree branches to try to soak up sunlight. Overcast Cherrim tend to be docile and avoid battle as they are weaker without the sun. Overcast Cherrim's petals help protect it from rain, sand, hail, ect. When the sunlight is strong Cherrim turn into their sunshine forms to soak up as much sunlight as they can. It takes a lot of energy to maintain sunshine form, so Cherrim do not switch unless it is bright and sunny. Cherrim's ability is flower gift, which provides energy to it's friends, which is useful for attracting Combee. Combee are attracted to sunshine Cherrim's bright pink petals, positive energy and sweet nectar, and they tend to avoid overcast Cherrim. Sunshine Cherrim's back petals allows it to glide in the wind, giving it increased mobility and making it easier to escape from predators. Cherrim tend to fear flying and bug types that aren't Combee as those tend to be Cherrim's predators. Cherrim don't fear it's other type weaknesses as they don't have experience with those types. Cherrim have actually been attracted to the flames of fire types (and other bright lights) and have been spotted following Rapidash in Unova. Cherrim is often robbed of it's honey by Heracross. Cherrim appear to act motherly towards Sunkern in areas when Cherubi grow up fast. It is unknown if it is because their instincts tell them they should take care of their offspring longer, or would still do so in areas where Cherubi grow up at normal speeds. For more information about how Cherrim act towards other pokemon in their habitats see the Habitat section for more info. Cherubi tend to eat a lot more than it's evolved form Cherrim. This is due to all the energy it stores in it's second cherry for evolution. It is known to use energy from it's second cherry in times of need. If Cherubi loses it's second cherry it loses it's ability to evolve into Cherrim. The second cherry if often a target for predators due to it being rich in nutrients. Cherubi sleep in hidden places due to this while Cherrim sleep out in the open. Moves found in the wild While wild Cherrim are not inclined to battle, and avoid it when they can, wild Cherrim have been seen using moves in the wild. general: Morning sun/growth - Cherrim use these moves to become stronger. Growth is most often used when Cherrim spots a predator and Morning sun is most often used after escaping from a predator. Cherrim may use these moves while absorbing sunlight in the morning. Cherrim have also been seen to use these to fend off tiredness during the day, however they will never use these moves for that reason once the sun sets. Cherubi have been seen spamming these moves, especially growth, to store up energy for evolution. Sunny Day - Used when the sunlight isn't strong enough to turn into sunshine form. Overcast Cherrim will spam the move repetitively until the sun comes out or intensifies. or until they run out of power points. If it is raining overcast Cherrim wait under the top tree branches and wait for the sun to come out. Leech Seed/Worry Seed - Both of these moves have been used to fend off predators. Cherrim often use them then run. Leach seed has a more immediately noticeable effect on predators while worry seed tends to dissuade predators from doing after Cherrim in the future. Worry seed is most commonly used on Heracross in hopes that future Heracross will leave their honey alone. Magical Leaf - Also used to fend off predators. Cherrim often play games with magical leaf. They can be seen racing them, trying to fly them through difficult paths and enhancing their dancing with them. Petal Dance - Cherrim love dancing, however they rarely use petal dance outside of mating season. They will only use it otherwise when they feel safe and are feeling extremely happy or are trying to impress someone. During mating season Cherrim will try to out compete each other in their dances for twirls and petals in it. Cherrim often become dizzy after a petal dance leaving them open to predators. Petal Blizzard - Used while playing and during mating season. Similar to petal dance but doesn't leave the Cherrim dizzy and removes the risk of predators being able to prey on Cherrim. Petal Blizzard is usually found less impressive than petal dance. Petal Blizzard is much more commonly used outside of mating season than petal dance. Helping Hand/Lucky Chant - Cherrim will use these moves on pokemon they want to help, impress, or play with. Sinnoh: Tackle - Cherubi will tackle to tend off predators. This puts them dangerously close to the predators. Tackle is often one of the first moves Cherubi will forget as Cherrim prefer to leech seed and then run from predators. Growth - Cherubi will spam growth in order to store up energy for becoming Cherrim. Often used when Cherubi senses a predator nearby. Leech Seed - Used on predators. Cherubi and Cherrim will run away quickly afterwards. Helping Hand - Cherubi will use helping hand on Combee and Aipom. Using on Combee increases Combee's honey output and makes them more likely to share honey with them. Cherubi also use it on Aipom when inviting it to play with them. Unova Route 12: Worry Seed - Used on predators to discourage them from going father further Cherrim. This has proven to be effective on Tranquill and Unfezant as most appear to go after mostly bug types. Worry seeded Heracross seem to be much more aggressive than normal. There has been a slight increase in aggression for worry seeded Pinsir. However at the end of the day most bug types still go after Cherrim. Take Down - Cherrim on route 12 are much more dangerous than Cherrim elsewhere in the world. Cherrim go all out in bull body attacks. This appears to be rather effective against predators damage wise, however Cherrim also gets hurt in the process preventing this move from being a reliable counter. Overcast Cherrim appear to use this much more often over Solar beam. Solarbeam - Also used against predators. However most of Cherrim's predators have grown a resistance to this attack. Solar beam is also used during mating season on route 12. Cherrim would compete on who could launch the biggest and most colorful solar beams into the sky. Tourists used to rather on Village bridge during Cherrim mating season to watch the firework like solar beams. The last recorded instance of this was in 2011, however it was noted that it was much smaller than last year's. Lucky Chant - Used on pokemon Cherrim is trying to be friendly too. When predators come Cherrim will use this on their friends to protect them. Cherrim on route are more attracted to this move than other similar moves as it makes the battle more fair in their eyes and doesn't put the foe at a huge disadvantage. Hoenn Mirage forests: Take down - While commonly found in Cherrim's move set this move is actually rarely used by them. Cherrim only tend to use this move on Purugly and trainers only when they feel like they don't have other options. Worry Seed - Cherrim tend to use this when they feel threatened. Using worry seed then running tends to be their first resort. Purugly appear to be greatly annoyed by Cherrim because of this. Petal Dance - Cherrim in Mirage forest seem to use petal dance more often outside of mating season than any other Cherrim in the world. The petals from Cherrim's petal dances make mirage forest feel more mythical to travelers. Sunny Day - Due to the large amount of shade caused by the trees Cherrim can often be seen using sunny day. The mirage forest appears to suffer from low amounts of rainfall as a result. Sunkern and Tangela seem to enjoy the extra sun while Purugly seem to despise it.

Daily Activities

Cherrim wake up when the sun starts to rise. The first thing Cherrim does when it wakes up is go to the top of trees and try to absorb sunlight until they turn into sunshine form. After becoming sunshine form Cherrim sunbathe for 15-30 minutes before going onto they're other actives. If Cherrim fails to become Sunshine form Cherrim spends the rest of the day absorbing whatever sunlight it can, and finding food. Overcast Cherrim tends to avoid other pokemon. If it is raining or other similar bad weather Cherrim will seek shelter. If Cherrim becomes sunshine form it spends the rest of the day playing and finding food in the sunlight. Cherrim enjoy playing with other Cherrim and other pokemon. Cherrim can be seen dancing, gliding in the wind, racing, playing tag and playing catch. Cherrim will often play with Combee and try to convince them to share some of their honey. Cherrim often play with other pokemon in the nearby area and tend to switch who they are playing with several times a day. Cherrim stop playing when the sun sets, and they can no longer sustain sunshine form. At the end of the day Cherrim will climb to the upper most tree branches, catch the last of the sun and fall asleep as the sun completely sets and the moon rises.

Future Success

The future for Cherrim looks somewhat grim. Cherrim have already gone extinct on route 12 in Unova, and the population in Johto's national park appear to be unsustainable. The population in the mirage forest in Hoenn seems to be on the decline. However, the population in Sinnoh seems sustainable. Cherrim appear to thrive in Sinnoh, and can be found wherever there are honey trees. It is theorized that because Cherrim originate, and have spent thousands of years adapting and evolving in Sinnoh, it finds the most success there. There have been a few efforts to preserve Cherrim. Few trainers even remembers that Cherrim exists and even fewer have one. Cherrim has a small following in the gardening community who love either Cherrim's sunshine form's looks or the positive effects they have on flowers. People have found a way to permanently keep Cherrim in it's sunshine form through sun jewels. However, due to the rarity of the jewels, and lack of interest in Cherrim no serious efforts have been made to mass produce sun jewels. Cherrim appear to increase the amount of honey Combee output and a few honey farmers have been experimenting with having a few Cherrim with their Combee, however Cherrim's habit of eating the honey Combee make have turned most farmers who know of their existence off. Exact results on this are yet to come it, but the potential results looks promising.
Back to Play, a PG pokemon Emerald creepy pasta

author's note

I've noticed a few PG creepy pastas appearing in the fan fiction forums recently. I got a good idea for one, and I want to try to write it.

Back to Play wip

I was cleaning the checkout counter at work. My shift was about to end when I saw a copy of pokemon Emerald in the clearance section. I was sure pokemon Emerald was worth more than that, so I checked the game boy advanced games, and there were copies of pokemon Emerald in there. I figured it must be a mistake so I asked my manager. "Um... Hey manager, there's a copy of pokemon Emerald put in the clearance section by mistake." I told my manager. He looked at me, "That is no mistake. That game has been returned so many times we're a bit desperate to get rid of it at this point. It's starting to get annoying having to refund the game right after someone buys it, so I hope by placing it in clearance the next buyer won't bother return it." "Why do people keep returning that copy, and only that copy? How do you know it's the same copy anyway?" I asked. "Something about visual glitches, and paranoia that the game is watching them. Still it's that red mark on the side of it, and slightly deformed state." I went over and looked at the cartage. I picked it up and the plastic coating felt slightly lose. There was also a mark on the side. And, score! It was only a dollar. Who cares about some visual glitches when it's so cheap. I never got Emerald when it came out because it just looked like Ruby again, but at this cheap I thought it was worth it. "I would like to buy the game." "Alright. That'll be a dollar. And please, for the love of Helix, don't return it." "Okay, here you go." I bought the game just as my shift ended. Seriously what are the chances of me returning the game. It's just a few visual glitches, I'll be fine. I got home, and opened up my DS lite on my nice comfy couch. I was ready to experience Hoenn again in this pointless remake with some visual glitches. I opened up the game, and part of the Flygon's eye was blue. This could be entertaining, seeing how the graphics are messed up. The legendary pokemon's stripes also flashed green during the intro, but other than that, it was normal. The last save file belonged to some guy named Joey, who had played for less than an hour, "Wow what a wimp," I muttered to myself as I pressed new game. Things started out rather normal until, Oh my Arecus I could play as Kris. I was cheering in my seat. She was my favorite playable character! I'm so glad they brought her back for Emerald. I selected her as my character. But then I remembered, wasn't May in a different outfit the playable character of Emerald. I guess this is the amazing visual glitches I was told this copy has. Though I don't see why anyone would return the game over this. It said to insert my name. I put in my name Lizzy, and I was ready to start. I started, and I was moving in. I went into the character's house and wow, was it redone. The graphics, it was some of the most stunning pixel art I've seen. I wanted to see my main characters room, which was as equally stunning. I checked the TV, which said "Our glorious champion is still out adventuring the world. We await her return." That's odd, wasn't Steven the champion? I remember my Blakizen Sky Uppercutting most of Steven's team in Ruby. While that was a bit odd I looked at the rest of the room. I went on the game cube, and there was a game select there? Why did I miss out on Emerald, this is awesome! Much better than Ruby, and I haven't even gotten a starter yet. I got lost on the minigames on the game cube for a while... I went to the PC to take out the potion in it, and I had mail. It was from someone named Ivy, odd. I opened it, "Hello Jenny. I know it's been a while, but I'm glad your finally back! Please no more games, but this endless one of us being together! Can't wait to play with you again! -Ivy" That had to be the strangest mail I've ever gotten in pokemon. "What in the distortion world is this?" I muttered to myself. Neither of those were characters in Ruby, and why didn't a message to my character, address my character at all? I was terribly confused so I decided to play some more minigames to calm myself down. After a while I was ready to actually start the game. I went to Professor Birch's on route 101 to get a pokemon. "'Lizzy' after so long your finally here! Please send out your pokemon and help me!" I felt a twinge of guilt for playing the minigames so much. I went over to his bag to pick a pokemon. I went right to my main man Torchic, and was ready to battle. I could of sworn the Treecko's eyes went black right before the screen changed. I effortlessly took down the Zigzagoon. "Oh, so you chose that pokemon. Very well then. Thank you for saving me!" Birch said. Though oddly, the first two sentences were red. Being a bit weirded out I continued on. I noticed that every now and then a color would be wrong, like the shading on a green tree would be neon purple, but this happened so often I was starting to get used to it. I went to the lab to get pokeballs. He gave me the pokeballs, but also said something a bit odd, "Hello 'Lizzy'. Here are some pokeballs to help you get started on your journey. Your best friend is waiting for you on route 103. Don't leave her waiting for too long, okay?" "Wasn't Brenden the rival of this game?" I muttered to myself. Must be more visual glitches. But would those glitches be able to create such coherent sentences? This was probably all just changes to Emerald's story line, seeing how different the starting house was. After a while of training I got my Torchic Rocket up to level 8, caught a Zigzagoon named Boat which I would mainly use for pickups, and a Poochyena as fodder until I could catch a better pokemon. I figured I was ready to face my rival. I went up to route 103, but strangely I saw a girl that looked exactly like the girl I was using. I walked in front of her, but she didn't talk. I pressed the A button, Ivy: Hello Jenny, oh I mean 'Lizzy', he he he. I'm so glad you're back, now we can play again. So 'Lizzy' what interesting choices you've made. Boat? He he, good one. Now then, let's play once again!" I was more confused than anything else. How did this get though to the higher ups at Nintendo. "What the Giratina is going on?" This Ivy character's sprite looked exactly like my own character's. The game read, "Best Friend Ivy wants to battle!" Ivy proceeded to sent out a level 83 Sceptile. "What the Giratina is this? How, just how? Why Nintendo, why?" Just what in the world is this. Who thought it was a good idea to put a level 83 pokemon so early in the game. The Sceptile was also named Ivy, which was odd. I knew exactly why that Joey guy quit now, "Who would want to play a game with such high level spikes?" Right as I muttered that out loud the Sceptile's level lowered to 10. I selected scratch, however the Sceptile out sped and defeated Rocket with Slam. The Sceptile swept through the rest of my team with leaf blade. This Ivy character said, "I hope you finally got these pranks out of your system Jenny." before my character whited out. I was so confused on what just happened. I decided to save and come back tomorrow. It was the next day, and I was ready for round 2 of this extremely confusing game of pokemon Emerald. I turned on the game, but the name of my save file was "Hello Jenny". That was NOT what I named my character. I picked the save file anyway. I checked my party but it was completely empty. Where did Rocket go? Where did all my pokemon go? I noticed in the character's room there was a piece of paper that wasn't there before. "Jenny with her best friend" it read, and then a picture of my player character with a Sceptile, happy together, flashed onto the screen. What in the world was happening? I pressed A and it went away. I decided to recheck the rest of the room, the game cube minigames were as great as ever. Even if the rest of the game is unplayable, I'm fine with just those minigames. I checked the TV. "Our glorious champion Jenny is finally returned. The entire region is celebrating her return." "Who is Jenny?" I mumbled to myself. I checked other places in the room for different messages. I checked the PC, and there was another mail in there from Ivy. "Don't be silly Jenny. I know it's you. Now let's play together this time, okay? -Ivy" This Ivy was really starting to creep me out. I proceeded to go back to route 1. Birch was being chased by a Zigzagoon. "Jenny, please get your friend and help me!" Great, now Birch was calling me Jenny too. It was a high level Sceptile that attacked me last time, so I decided to pick Torchic to protect me as it was super effective against grass types. When I selected it the text read "This isn't funny Jenny." My heart was racing.
Retelling of Gym of Dreams, not exact words
ACottontail walked over to the gym of dreams, her trusty partner Kaybre at her side. "Gym of Dreams, ACottontail I think we walked in a circle," Kaybre said. "No Kaybre this is the gym of dreams, we've from the dream gym remember?" ACottontail answered. Kaybre looked horribly confused. "Anyway let's just go inside." ACottontail stepped inside of the building. "Hello I would like to challenge the gym of dreams. I would like to challenge team B, and instead of Wolf I would like to challenge Holy if that's okay with you. These are the pokemon I'll be using." ACottontail threw two pokeballs into the air. Solence and Darkest Nights came out of their pokeballs with Kaybre flying into the air in the center. The human sighed. "Alright. Keep in mind this is a relatively new gym... they're not that trained. And the B Team is the weaker of the two. Are you sure about this?" She only had one, maybe two Pokemon she was... fairly comfortable battling with, anyway. "Wait weaker of the two, maybe..." ACottontail was starting to change her mind, but Darkest Nights and Kaybre looked so eager to fight she couldn't back down now. "If you feel like team A would be stronger against my pokemon feel free to use them." So naturally she sent out Solence first. The gym leader felt as if team A would be stronger so Trick the Zoroark was sent out first. Solence was a bit grumpy from being woken up from his nap, but he dragged forward to the battle. "It's nice taking a trip to China." Solence snarked as he lunged forward for the first attack. Solence ran circles around Trick landing many kicks before Trick couldn't take it and was down. Round 1 VS Kaybre was up next. The gym was hit with a scorching heatwave as fire and wind mixed. Kaybre overpowered the flames, leaving the gym cool. Kaybre felt a bit guilty for going to hard on her foe. Round 2 VS Darkest Nights made a grand appearance onto the battlefield, spreading her wings across the entire gym. While Darkest Nights was busy showing off Frayja jumped forward and made a tiny cut on Darkest Nights wing. Annoyed she oblivion winged Frayja with great force, slamming them against the wall. Round 3VS ACottontail watched as Darkest Nights took down Frayja. "Did I win the badge?" She asked the gym leader. She shrugged. "I mean, yeah. You can take it... but we did revamp the gym. While you were here. It was just, uh... real fast. Yeah. You wanna try again..?" "Wow that was amazing speed," ACottontail muttered to herself. The new welcome mat they added really tied the whole place together. "Sure, I would like to battle again. The random chance at facing Holy seems really fun," ACottontail returned her currently sent out pokemon, and tossed a pokeball into the air. "Go Pillow!" Round 1VS Round 2VS Round 3VS "Thank you for the battles!" ACottontail said as she returned Rissy. Badge in hand ACottontail exited the Gym of dreams, and went onto the next adventure.
So that was the Gym of Dreams (Not to be confused with my gym, the Dream gym in which you will be steamrolled if you try to challenge it.)
retelling of Antlerclaw Gym, not exact words
ACottontail entered the Antlerclaw Gym, and went up to a sign to read the rules. She nodded and faced the gym leader. "Hello, I would like the challenge the Antlerclaw gym." "Yep, please send out your first pokemon." The gym leader said. "Alright, go Cryaroar!" Cryaroar took down Padfoot in an electrified wave. Round 1 VS Round 2 VS Round 3 VS Crystal emerged victorious from the battle. There was silence. ACottontail stood in awkward silence for about 15 minutes. She figured that since the gym's rules said that she needed to beat 2/3 of the gym leader's pokemon, and she did, so that meant she won the badge. ACottontail took the badge and awkwardly walked out of the gym. ACottontail checked the gym's battle logs just to be sure that she won. She saw that the gym leader stopped announcing the results after the first 2 challengers. She looked at the badge in her hand, knowing full well she earned it.
So that was the Antlerclaw Gym.

Pages: 123··· 111213141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page