PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Acottontail's probally a journal

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Acottontail's probally a journal >

ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Back to Play, a PG pokemon Emerald creepy pasta

author's note

I've noticed a few PG creepy pastas appearing in the fan fiction forums recently. I got a good idea for one, and I want to try to write it.

Back to Play wip

I was cleaning the checkout counter at work. My shift was about to end when I saw a copy of pokemon Emerald in the clearance section. I was sure pokemon Emerald was worth more than that, so I checked the game boy advanced games, and there were copies of pokemon Emerald in there. I figured it must be a mistake so I asked my manager. "Um... Hey manager, there's a copy of pokemon Emerald put in the clearance section by mistake." I told my manager. He looked at me, "That is no mistake. That game has been returned so many times we're a bit desperate to get rid of it at this point. It's starting to get annoying having to refund the game right after someone buys it, so I hope by placing it in clearance the next buyer won't bother return it." "Why do people keep returning that copy, and only that copy? How do you know it's the same copy anyway?" I asked. "Something about visual glitches, and paranoia that the game is watching them. Still it's that red mark on the side of it, and slightly deformed state." I went over and looked at the cartage. I picked it up and the plastic coating felt slightly lose. There was also a mark on the side. And, score! It was only a dollar. Who cares about some visual glitches when it's so cheap. I never got Emerald when it came out because it just looked like Ruby again, but at this cheap I thought it was worth it. "I would like to buy the game." "Alright. That'll be a dollar. And please, for the love of Helix, don't return it." "Okay, here you go." I bought the game just as my shift ended. Seriously what are the chances of me returning the game. It's just a few visual glitches, I'll be fine. I got home, and opened up my DS lite on my nice comfy couch. I was ready to experience Hoenn again in this pointless remake with some visual glitches. I opened up the game, and part of the Flygon's eye was blue. This could be entertaining, seeing how the graphics are messed up. The legendary pokemon's stripes also flashed green during the intro, but other than that, it was normal. The last save file belonged to some guy named Joey, who had played for less than an hour, "Wow what a wimp," I muttered to myself as I pressed new game. Things started out rather normal until, Oh my Arecus I could play as Kris. I was cheering in my seat. She was my favorite playable character! I'm so glad they brought her back for Emerald. I selected her as my character. But then I remembered, wasn't May in a different outfit the playable character of Emerald. I guess this is the amazing visual glitches I was told this copy has. Though I don't see why anyone would return the game over this. It said to insert my name. I put in my name Lizzy, and I was ready to start. I started, and I was moving in. I went into the character's house and wow, was it redone. The graphics, it was some of the most stunning pixel art I've seen. I wanted to see my main characters room, which was as equally stunning. I checked the TV, which said "Our glorious champion is still out adventuring the world. We await her return." That's odd, wasn't Steven the champion? I remember my Blakizen Sky Uppercutting most of Steven's team in Ruby. While that was a bit odd I looked at the rest of the room. I went on the game cube, and there was a game select there? Why did I miss out on Emerald, this is awesome! Much better than Ruby, and I haven't even gotten a starter yet. I got lost on the minigames on the game cube for a while... I went to the PC to take out the potion in it, and I had mail. It was from someone named Ivy, odd. I opened it, "Hello Jenny. I know it's been a while, but I'm glad your finally back! Please no more games, but this endless one of us being together! Can't wait to play with you again! -Ivy" That had to be the strangest mail I've ever gotten in pokemon. "What in the distortion world is this?" I muttered to myself. Neither of those were characters in Ruby, and why didn't a message to my character, address my character at all? I was terribly confused so I decided to play some more minigames to calm myself down. After a while I was ready to actually start the game. I went to Professor Birch's on route 101 to get a pokemon. "'Lizzy' after so long your finally here! Please send out your pokemon and help me!" I felt a twinge of guilt for playing the minigames so much. I went over to his bag to pick a pokemon. I went right to my main man Torchic, and was ready to battle. I could of sworn the Treecko's eyes went black right before the screen changed. I effortlessly took down the Zigzagoon. "Oh, so you chose that pokemon. Very well then. Thank you for saving me!" Birch said. Though oddly, the first two sentences were red. Being a bit weirded out I continued on. I noticed that every now and then a color would be wrong, like the shading on a green tree would be neon purple, but this happened so often I was starting to get used to it. I went to the lab to get pokeballs. He gave me the pokeballs, but also said something a bit odd, "Hello 'Lizzy'. Here are some pokeballs to help you get started on your journey. Your best friend is waiting for you on route 103. Don't leave her waiting for too long, okay?" "Wasn't Brenden the rival of this game?" I muttered to myself. Must be more visual glitches. But would those glitches be able to create such coherent sentences? This was probably all just changes to Emerald's story line, seeing how different the starting house was. After a while of training I got my Torchic Rocket up to level 8, caught a Zigzagoon named Boat which I would mainly use for pickups, and a Poochyena as fodder until I could catch a better pokemon. I figured I was ready to face my rival. I went up to route 103, but strangely I saw a girl that looked exactly like the girl I was using. I walked in front of her, but she didn't talk. I pressed the A button, Ivy: Hello Jenny, oh I mean 'Lizzy', he he he. I'm so glad you're back, now we can play again. So 'Lizzy' what interesting choices you've made. Boat? He he, good one. Now then, let's play once again!" I was more confused than anything else. How did this get though to the higher ups at Nintendo. "What the Giratina is going on?" This Ivy character's sprite looked exactly like my own character's. The game read, "Best Friend Ivy wants to battle!" Ivy proceeded to sent out a level 83 Sceptile. "What the Giratina is this? How, just how? Why Nintendo, why?" Just what in the world is this. Who thought it was a good idea to put a level 83 pokemon so early in the game. The Sceptile was also named Ivy, which was odd. I knew exactly why that Joey guy quit now, "Who would want to play a game with such high level spikes?" Right as I muttered that out loud the Sceptile's level lowered to 10. I selected scratch, however the Sceptile out sped and defeated Rocket with Slam. The Sceptile swept through the rest of my team with leaf blade. This Ivy character said, "I hope you finally got these pranks out of your system Jenny." before my character whited out. I was so confused on what just happened. I decided to save and come back tomorrow. It was the next day, and I was ready for round 2 of this extremely confusing game of pokemon Emerald. I turned on the game, but the name of my save file was "Hello Jenny". That was NOT what I named my character. I picked the save file anyway. I checked my party but it was completely empty. Where did Rocket go? Where did all my pokemon go? I noticed in the character's room there was a piece of paper that wasn't there before. "Jenny with her best friend" it read, and then a picture of my player character with a Sceptile, happy together, flashed onto the screen. What in the world was happening? I pressed A and it went away. I decided to recheck the rest of the room, the game cube minigames were as great as ever. Even if the rest of the game is unplayable, I'm fine with just those minigames. I checked the TV. "Our glorious champion Jenny is finally returned. The entire region is celebrating her return." "Who is Jenny?" I mumbled to myself. I checked other places in the room for different messages. I checked the PC, and there was another mail in there from Ivy. "Don't be silly Jenny. I know it's you. Now let's play together this time, okay? -Ivy" This Ivy was really starting to creep me out. I proceeded to go back to route 1. Birch was being chased by a Zigzagoon. "Jenny, please get your friend and help me!" Great, now Birch was calling me Jenny too. It was a high level Sceptile that attacked me last time, so I decided to pick Torchic to protect me as it was super effective against grass types. When I selected it the text read "This isn't funny Jenny." My heart was racing.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page