PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Typos, grammar and general spelling errors

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Pages: 123··· 71727374757677

MoriyaHiroaki's AvatarMoriyaHiroaki
Ho-oh's Dex description Wrong:seven-colored Correct:seven-coloured Another USA Spelling White Basculin Dex Wrong: "Though it differs from other Basculin in several respects, including demeanor—this one is gentle—It has been categorized it as a regional form given the vast array of shared qualities." Correct: "Though it differs from other Basculin in several respects, including demeanour—this one is gentle—it has been categorised it as a regional form given the vast array of shared qualities." (Posts merged by Staff)
Toxel's AvatarToxel
adding on to MoriyaHiroaki's post above:

QUOTE originally posted by White stripe basculin dex entry

"Though it differs from other Basculin in several respects, including demeanor—this one is gentle—It has been categorized it as a regional form given the vast array of shared qualities."
"It has been categorized it" -> "it has been categorised" "demeanor" -> "demeanour" So it would be: "Though it differs from other Basculin in several respects, including demeanour—this one is gentle—it has been categorised as a regional form given the vast array of shared qualities." Edit: about the accessory "Left Seraphin Wing" (and probably also "Right Seraphin Wing") - I could be wrong but I think it's spelled "seraphim"? They're spelled "seraphim" on the wiki too
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me
Mushboi's AvatarMushboi
In the desciption of the everstone it says, "A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokemon from evolving when Held" Held is a verb and therefore should be lower case. I have no clue how this has gone unnoticed for so long.
avatar by flyeahfy for my personal use buy my stuffs Feed:
Lv. 61 — 5,990 / 11,347
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
WaterRock
Happiness MAX
Serious nature
Toxel's AvatarToxel

QUOTE originally posted by Mushboi

In the desciption of the everstone it says, "A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokemon from evolving when Held" Held is a verb and therefore should be lower case. I have no clue how this has gone unnoticed for so long.
where does it say that? in my inventory it's correct :o
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Toxel

[...]about the accessory "Left Seraphin Wing" (and probably also "Right Seraphin Wing") - I could be wrong but I think it's spelled "seraphim"? They're spelled "seraphim" on the wiki too
As much to the point, if we're going to be technical, 'seraphim' is the plural form of 'seraph', like 'cherubim' for 'cherub'. So the accessories should respectively be called Left and Right Seraph Wing anyway.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Gallevoir

[...]about the accessory "Left Seraphin Wing" (and probably also "Right Seraphin Wing") - I could be wrong but I think it's spelled "seraphim"? They're spelled "seraphim" on the wiki too
As much to the point, if we're going to be technical, 'seraphim' is the plural form of 'seraph', like 'cherubim' for 'cherub'. So the accessories should respectively be called Left and Right Seraph Wing anyway.
I could be wrong, but I believe Seraphin would be the adjective form, which would be correct here.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I could be wrong, but I believe Seraphin would be the adjective form, which would be correct here.
If we're going with the adjective form, I think that would be Seraphic? Again, like Cherubic. But I could be wrong as well. (Edit: looking into it, cherubin is a word, albeit considered obsolete, and used as a noun, so maybe it's the same situation for seraphin.)
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

Edit: about the accessory "Left Seraphin Wing" (and probably also "Right Seraphin Wing") - I could be wrong but I think it's spelled "seraphim"? They're spelled "seraphim" on the wiki too
I fixed the wiki to match the PFQ name.
Score: 0

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
ArloXoXo's AvatarArloXoXo
In the word naive (as in the nature) the "i" is weird to where it has two dots example:Naïve instead of Naive
avatar made by thebitoucan whos a big nerd :) Name: todd Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by TiredBean48

In the word naive (as in the nature) the "i" is weird to where it has two dots example:Naïve instead of Naive
This is actually correct. The double dot (umlaut/trema/diaeresis) is the right way to spell naive. Most people don't use it as it's an awkward letter to easily type unless using the right language keyboard. It's a French word that English uses, so in this case its a trema, that signifies it has a syllable break there. For pronunciation. ^_^ Language is fascinating, and tricky to learn all of its rules and exceptions.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,345,887
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,789,192
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature

Pages: 123··· 71727374757677

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page