PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 663664665666667··· 746747748

LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
The Snivy line updates are gorgeous and I definitely love the albinos and melans. Question, why did the Sceptile's get an update? Or were they just missing? I'm assuming they got an update?
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Shazi's AvatarShazi
sceptile did not recieve an update
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Armarouge's AvatarArmarouge
The two with Tepig and Snivy lines I like the changes to-- the brownish-reddish colour to Serperior is very appealing as a colour palette for a plant-based creature and makes them feel borderline Autumn-like. It compliments their "noble/elegant/regal" vibe which is a great plus. Tepig I'm neutral to so I can't really give an opinion here, but I do find Emboar's green flames super cool. On the other hand, I find the green and purple combination/shades on Oshawott line a little unappealing for something that's like an otter/seal kind of 'mon... It feels like something strictly from a swamp/marsh, which just seems awkward and unappealing for that line. IMO it feels like the official was going for more an ocean/lake vibe. The new colours make it feel like a poison type now, which I really don't feel suits. tldr, Snivy line is really lovely, Tepig is neat, Oshawott is... just really awkward/unnatural feeling imo.
  • Babies
  • Shop/ETC
Big Pearl

Big Pearl

Treasure

(: 0)

A lovely large pearl that would sell at a high price.

Sells for 3,750

Lv. 100 — +11,590,219
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Sun Jewel

Sun Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A little jewel that flickers with a warm glow.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +4,394,403
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireGhost
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
Gold Leaf

Gold Leaf

Treasure

A strange, gold-coloured leaf.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +8,944,870
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassPsychic
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
I am a PFQ Starter Collector! Icon by myself.
Joint Shop (Summons/6IVs) Most Wanted Summon TR Points 0
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Feeling really disappointed in this update. Red isn't inherently a bad color but every individual color on melan Serperior seems to clash. The body is way too saturated compared to the relatively grey face. Same thing with the purple on Servine, it's so bright and saturated it almost looks radioactive. Again circling back to the neon issues. Also, really, both melan Oshawott and Tepig line being green and purple? Why is every other melan line green and purple? Out of every color combination that exists? The shading adjustments on the canon sprites also look objectively worse in some cases-- yes, good spritework omits some detail and lets the mind fill in the blank, that's why trying to shade the outline of the scallop (for example) is ridiculous and makes the sprite look overly busy in comparison, as well as compromising the initial shape of it :s I'm sorry but there's just... literally no reason to alter canon sprites. Professionals made those and they look damn good.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Throwing in my 2 cents-- I definitely agree that I feel like there's a weird pendulum swing type thing going on between "we're recoloring old neon melans to look less awful" and "okay but people don't like it when we just desaturate everything" and art staff has yet to find a middle ground. The Snivy and Oshawott lines definitely feel less like melans and more just like fun recolors that have kind of dark palettes, especially Serperior... who is just pink. I could go into a lot of detail about Serperior from an art perspective but I don't think anyone's actually interested in reading that lmao. And, not to mention, Oshawott and Tepig both got the Gurple Treatment, which is especially... questionable, for lack of a better word, in Oshawott. I just don't get why purple and green is a color combination used so often? I'd expect there to be more blues incorporated into the color palettes to make the colors mix/compliment each other better, but eh. I haven't done pixel art since 2017 who am I to say 🤷 HOWEVER! I do really like the new albinos, actually! Oshawott's spring green makes my green-loving heart happy. Snivy's is less great, but Tepig's is very very nice. I love the pinkish purple color palette a lot :D
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 220
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Melia's AvatarMelia
Snivy - I absolutely love the new sprite *w* - it's also nice that shiny Servine has similar colors with Snivy and Serperior now as well - the albino line is pretty neat, I like it more than the old one - the melan line I'm not too happy with, I mean it's not bad or anything, just personally I liked the old one 10 times more than the new one. Tepig - the albino line is absolutely amazing, I love it, it looks so good, I can't wait to hunt Tepig - the melan line, I think the new colors look great for the most part, Tepig is pretty good, Emboar is amazing, Pignite looks kind of odd with the green parts though; not sure which version I like better, kind of leaning a bit to the old one more, but I do like the new colors as well. Oshawott - tbh I wasn't very sure about the albino line at first, but the more I look at it, I think it's honestly not too bad, not my favorite colors but it looks quite decent - the melan line I strongly dislike; I wasn't a big fan of the old colors either, but the new colors just don't work well together at all imo.
Melia ✦ Inactive 「 Star searing flames of absolution! 」
credit
Background is official art from Xenoblade Chronicles Avatar made for me by sherrie F2U code by Gumshoe
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê
I would say some words about the oshawott line, since it's one of my fav water types ever. Albinos are absolutely gorgeous, and though I didn't expect those colors at all, I was fascinated with them. Melans though... Oh my gosh, I'm not a fan, not a fan indeed. Not that Gurple is a bad palette, absolutely not (Tepig line is done very good, Emboar is one love), but here... The particular hints chosen are clashing so much that it's pretty unpleasant to look at (for me). Purple accents are pretty nice, but greens do not correlate with them in the slightest I would make greens darker and maybe add some bluish hints into them, somewhat like Dewott's "pants" color
Zerxus's AvatarZerxus
This is the first "real" revamps I've been around for aside from totem/mega/variant updates, but looking at the older sprites on the wiki, and the newer ones that got revamped, there is a pattern of over saturating the albinos and melans. I agree that when I saw the new sprites, some of them didn't seem like melans or albinos at all! Just shinies with a blond yellow palette or a navy palette. I think it is too late for the art team to change their mind about the direction they're taking these, but I will continue to be disappointed as regions continue to be revamped... The best special sprites in my opinion are from the Alola and Galar regions. They have the perfect amount of desaturation and good color palettes. They also don't force terrible colors into terrible places because the shiny said so.
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,208,246
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
arbor's Avatararbor
Am I the only one who absolutely cannot tell a single difference between the old and new normal sprites??? I feel like I’m going insane and everyone’s in on some prank on me, I’ve zoomed in so far and stared at the chart in the announcement for so long and I can’t see anything? This is what I’m looking at, screenshot from announcement
arbor ☼ journal: 574 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Canine's AvatarCanine

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

Am I the only one who absolutely cannot tell a single difference between the old and new normal sprites??? I feel like I’m going insane and everyone’s in on some prank on me, I’ve zoomed in so far and stared at the chart in the announcement for so long and I can’t see anything? This is what I’m looking at
I thought the same thing, had to go and look at official sprites from another source to understand what was being talked about because the news posts ones are exactly the same.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.

Pages: 123··· 663664665666667··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page