PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Throwing in my 2 cents-- I definitely agree that I feel like there's a weird pendulum swing type thing going on between "we're recoloring old neon melans to look less awful" and "okay but people don't like it when we just desaturate everything" and art staff has yet to find a middle ground. The Snivy and Oshawott lines definitely feel less like melans and more just like fun recolors that have kind of dark palettes, especially Serperior... who is just pink. I could go into a lot of detail about Serperior from an art perspective but I don't think anyone's actually interested in reading that lmao. And, not to mention, Oshawott and Tepig both got the Gurple Treatment, which is especially... questionable, for lack of a better word, in Oshawott. I just don't get why purple and green is a color combination used so often? I'd expect there to be more blues incorporated into the color palettes to make the colors mix/compliment each other better, but eh. I haven't done pixel art since 2017 who am I to say 🤷 HOWEVER! I do really like the new albinos, actually! Oshawott's spring green makes my green-loving heart happy. Snivy's is less great, but Tepig's is very very nice. I love the pinkish purple color palette a lot :D
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page