PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 662663664665666··· 746747748

Durant's AvatarDurant
A bit sad that melan mega raichu changed as it was one of my favourite melans but the new colours still look good. Absolutely loving the melan alolan raichu change though.
Check out Durant's Shop
Shazi's AvatarShazi
in an attempt to find a middle ground between having all the cramorants have normal arrokuda/pikachu and specials we have opted to go with having the albino with normal arrokuda/pikachu and the melan having shiny arrokuda/pikachu
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Ah, I know a lot of this is personal preference, but I will throw my hat in the ring because this has been bugging me for a while... I promise I don't mean this as a slight to the artists, I tried to phrase things nicely so hopefully it doesn't come off wrong u__u I get that for melan Raichu it was changed to be more saturated because the shiny was more saturated. But I feel like what is failing to be considered is that saturation on dark colors is far more severe on the eyes in terms of color theory. As an artist I desaturate my darks quite a lot, and to me, the new Raichu doesn't even look "dark" at all to me, just a super deep blue, and it's rather unappealing compared to a subtler blue. I'm not saying the old melan was perfect either, I don't care for the eyes and the blue needed tweaks, but I don't personally feel that this was a step in the right direction. I've noticed a lot of recent melan revamps are heading in that same "neon" direction. I am really not a fan, and it doesn't really look "melanistic" to me in any capacity, or even darkly colored, they just look like alternate shiny palettes. I don't think following the saturation of the shiny sprites 100% is wise, because in terms of color theory, you just can't shift the brightness down and have it look good all of the time. Just one of those things where I feel "consistency" needs to be balanced more with what's appropriate for a melanistic coloration. Matching saturation and hues across the wheels with other sprites also has an unintentional effect of making it look like someone just played around with the hue and brightness slider, which I know the staff doesn't do, but it's so much cooler to have sprites with more character and uniqueness. I guess the tl;dr is that it seems strange to me that the revamps happened in the first place because the sprites were too neon, and now we're looping back in that same direction with neon sprites (in some cases).
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
MeowOrNever's AvatarMeowOrNever

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

in an attempt to find a middle ground between having all the cramorants have normal arrokuda/pikachu and specials we have opted to go with having the albino with normal arrokuda/pikachu and the melan having shiny arrokuda/pikachu
Not gonna lie I'm confused about this one. It's odd that it catches its own colour, but it's completely fine that it catches a colour that has "nothing" to do with it? I mean, I appreciate that you wanted to do something with the sprites, but it's just so random.. I don't think they seemed odd before but now they do?
Zerxus's AvatarZerxus

QUOTE originally posted by MeowOrNever

Not gonna lie I'm confused about this one. It's odd that it catches its own colour, but it's completely fine that it catches a colour that has "nothing" to do with it? I mean, I appreciate that you wanted to do something with the sprites, but it's just so random.. I don't think they seemed odd before but now they do?
I think it's because the normal and shiny Pikachu/arrokuda sprites will never change color since they are canon, so there is no need to adjust the cramorant sprite each time those lines are updated... I understand it from an efficiency viewpoint but I also agree that it is a bad compromise.
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,208,246
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
nmp211990's Avatarnmp211990

I think consistency across lines with secondary species would be a good idea. Now we have Cramorant doing Normal/Shiny/Normal/Shiny, Early Bird doing Normal/Normal/Shiny/Shiny, and Hallowe'en Witch doing Normal/Shiny/Albino/Melan. Hallowe'en Witch could just be artificial decoration, in which case it's not really a problem. It seems a bid weird that there's such variety in the handling of secondary species right now. Why is shiny Cramorant eating the shiny forms? As far as I can tell the canon shiny is still eating the normal forms.
Call me Nadia. Avatar created by me using Loren Sherman's Circuclar Gallifreyan Alphabet.
Mirica199's AvatarMirica199
I love the new Melan Serperior! I think the colors blend well together and look nice together :3
new to forums, still learning I like to talk about magical animals called Pokemon can get emotional easily but that's ok since I love you all anyway my icon is from Pokemon Cafe Mix btw! Such a cute game~
CrazyCrØw's AvatarCrazyCrØw
I'm in love with the new oshawott-line albinos and melan colors. Makes me want to resume my hunt.
Crow ♥ She/Her ♥ 25
Pokemon/Item shop
x38 x2
credits

credits

Code @Colorful. Background from here. Murkrow Tab Headers are the animated menusprite from the Generation III, IV, and V Pokémon games. Credits Murkrow is Game sprite of #198 Murkrow from Pokémon Crystal. Custom bottom right Murkrow is is by @Dartwind. Avatar created by @AurumArt_ from Twitter. Commissioned by me.
Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie
Ngl, I don't like the shell on the new Oshawott line, it looked very distinct before, now it just looks like some kind of paint splodge. the colours although look absolutely gorgeous, the tepig line definately received some new life. Snivey line is beautiful as usual. Oshawott, eh it still leaves a lot to be desired, but it;s not bad.
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
Lawless's AvatarLawless
For the melans, I wish Snivy/Servine was red like the Serperior instead of just being brown, the Oshawott line is, meh, Oshawott seems too dark, Dewott just became vomit green? and Samurott is ok, I don't really care about tepigs line in general too much but I think they look the best out of the three. I know it's based on generated colors but I'm not really a fan of these at all
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,394
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!

Pages: 123··· 662663664665666··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page