PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 643644645646647··· 746747748

Maleficent's AvatarMaleficent
On a positive note, I do like most of the albino sprites. They're really nice. The Turtwig line, like whoa. Rotom line? Yes!! Spiritomb? Pretty! Orient Gastodon? WOW. I vaguely remember when the sprite revamps were still a Big Thing™ in many a farmer's mind and a lot of people were actively hesitant to hunt Sinnohmons in case the changes were not to their liking. In fact, I'm 90% sure the anticipation for the revamps is why the Roserade line was and still is the only line from there I ever bothered to hunt. The other 10% is because Sinnoh is my least favorite region. And now I don't like the Roserade line LOL. I mean, like I said in the very first, I think most of the albinos are genuinely great. For the Budew family in particular, I love the softness of the purple and the pinks and the yellow bouquets. It's a huge step up from the washed-out pink of the old albino. There's life in it now. But the melan... oof. I'll admit, I was really disappointed when I evolved my melan female way back in the day because I wasn't expecting the colors. I even used the CSS code to change the image to the male sprite because that bold red mmmmm. But when that ran its course (as in I couldn't see the image anymore and it took up a lot more space than it should) I just let it be its garish white-and-yellow-bouquet forme again. And then I started talking with Antigone and we came up with a Heathers-inspired list of mons to hunt. With the bold yellow accents, I realized, serendipitously, that the yellow and white bouquets on the female sprite looked kind of like pom-poms, and that was all it took for me to fall absolutely in love with her. (Sidenote, I hope Pom-Pom Oricorio gets a good hard look because that broccoli thing? Oof.) And now that her colors have been stripped away, I'm torn. I prefer my melans male and I don't need two of the same. The color difference was something I grew to genuinely appreciate. They took me on an actual journey lol. But all that's different now is the length of the cape and it's like? Especially with my eyes, I had to zoom in all the way to compare what was different, if there even was anymore. And that orange was a Choice, but it's not so bad when paired with the grey/black roses I guess. Mm :/ Also not a fan of Shaymin's albino, and I'll miss the purple flames on melan Infernape. But it is what it is now.

NO PMs || #BLM #StopAsianHate

dragon360's Avatardragon360
I absolutely hate the new Lucario colors. The old albino looked like an albino, and I really liked the pale orange tones it had. The new, lavender color just isn't one I like in terms of design, and it also looks a little too dark for an actual albino. This is just my opinion, though.
Avatar made by FrigidMellohi My first self-hatched shiny, named after Hermione from Harry Potter! Please click her! "It's time to roll the dice." -Mat Cauthon, from the Wheel of Time series (by Robert Jordan)
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by Iggyzilla tm

I agree with Voide. I understand that uniformity can be nice to make everything look like they go together. I also agree that an algorithm likely does really save some time in some areas, and that some of the sprites really do look improved. Even I would say I'm definitely a fan of the Shaymin formes and their new colors... But as I've seen mentioned elsewhere before, many of these melans and albinos just don't... appear Melanistic or albino anymore. Many of the albinos prior had the pale creams, and the red eyes... but now they just look like a made up shiny color scheme, with mostly the same shades or purples, blues and greens for all of them. Not albino vibed at all, most of them now anyways.
As far as I remember (I may be wrong, in that case I'm sorry, I'm just too lazy to dig into posts here from long ago), it was somewhat stated that the terms "albino" and "melan" were taken by the team just because there were no proper alternative for what they had in mind. The sprites are not irl-albinos or melans, they don't have to be pale with reddish eyes/very dark. Nevertheless, this (very arguable) "consistency" thing is killing so much potential, imho. Yeah, it's very good when everything looks like it's compatible and accordant to some rule or degree, some of the old (let's be honest), MOST of the old-old melans looked like some schoolchild OC, with wild colors in emo palette :D But. There is always a But. For me, many so-named consistent melans and albinos are just looking... lifeless. They lost some part of their appeal. Gender difference colors - eliminated. Accents in bright colors - eliminated. And those who saved some brightness, got their colors so drastically reversed... Again, not all of them are bad. In fact, NONE of them are bad. These sprites are clearly made with a lot of effort. But this feeling in my gut, it's saying one word. "Lacking", they are lacking somewhat, somewhere, something... Given some thought, I think with gaining "consistency", they lost "creativity". It's a site, where there are new "kinds" of Pokemon, created by wonderful artists from the team. Yeah, there are no, for example, much color differences in pokemon of different genders in games, but why shouldn't there be this kind of small changes here? It's not like it breaks something here on this site, if being implemented? (Once again, in SMALL accents, not like the whole colors??) If to choose between "strict consistency" and "slight creativity", I would definitely choose the second. Does not everyone?
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova

QUOTE originally posted by dragon360

I absolutely hate the new Lucario colors. The old albino looked like an albino, and I really liked the pale orange tones it had. The new, lavender color just isn't one I like in terms of design, and it also looks a little too dark for an actual albino. This is just my opinion, though.
Yes, but albinos are actually... Leucistic! Hehe, so people can't complain that albino is not albino, because this is true that this is not albino! But to be honest. I know that you want to have your standards and "base on true pokemon games", but really often it don't look good. New sprites in big big part looks like they are... Not made with passion, "on one hoof" as we say in Poland EDIT - Celestane, I agree with you
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by Iggyzilla tm

I agree with Voide. I understand that uniformity can be nice to make everything look like they go together. I also agree that an algorithm likely does really save some time in some areas, and that some of the sprites really do look improved. Even I would say I'm definitely a fan of the Shaymin formes and their new colors... But as I've seen mentioned elsewhere before, many of these melans and albinos just don't... appear Melanistic or albino anymore. Many of the albinos prior had the pale creams, and the red eyes... but now they just look like a made up shiny color scheme, with mostly the same shades or purples, blues and greens for all of them. Not albino vibed at all, most of them now anyways.
As far as I remember (I may be wrong, in that case I'm sorry, I'm just too lazy to dig into posts here from long ago), it was somewhat stated that the terms "albino" and "melan" were taken by the team just because there were no proper alternative for what they had in mind. The sprites are not irl-albinos or melans, they don't have to be pale with reddish eyes/very dark. Nevertheless, this (very arguable) "consistency" thing is killing so much potential, imho. Yeah, it's very good when everything looks like it's compatible and accordant to some rule or degree, some of the old (let's be honest), MOST of the old-old melans looked like some schoolchild OC, with wild colors in emo palette :D But. There is always a But. For me, many so-named consistent melans and albinos are just looking... lifeless. They lost some part of their appeal. Gender difference colors - eliminated. Accents in bright colors - eliminated. And those who saved some brightness, got their colors so drastically reversed... Again, not all of them are bad. In fact, NONE of them are bad. These sprites are clearly made with a lot of effort. But this feeling in my gut, it's saying one word. "Lacking", they are lacking somewhat, somewhere, something... Given some thought, I think with gaining "consistency", they lost "creativity". It's a site, where there are new "kinds" of Pokemon, created by wonderful artists from the team. Yeah, there are no, for example, much color differences in pokemon of different genders in games, but why shouldn't there be this kind of small changes here? It's not like it breaks something here on this site, if being implemented? (Once again, in SMALL accents, not like the whole colors??) If to choose between "strict consistency" and "slight creativity", I would definitely choose the second. Does not everyone?
This is a good addition, and I heavily appreciate it, as I think that's an issue I really have in my core too. I really enjoyed the small changes or "gendered mistakes" PFQ had with some of the sprites. Added a bit of a creative flare to some Pokémon. Like for me, I'd definitely be for slightly creative too. Art has rules, sure... but the fun with art rules is that they can definitely be played with and broken I've been taught. If it's not harming anyone, or breaking something mechanically, I'm definitely for some more leniency with colors. ^-^
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
I just wanted to ask if Primal Dialga + Palkia will also be getting color updates? 0: I was honestly worried about not liking Dialga when the revamps came around, but as soon as I saw it, I loved it!

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

ChefGucci's AvatarChefGucci

QUOTE originally posted by Doduo

I just wanted to ask if Primal Dialga + Palkia will also be getting color updates? 0: I was honestly worried about not liking Dialga when the revamps came around, but as soon as I saw it, I loved it!
Noah He/Him/They Minun Enthusiast S/A/M Bait Shop

QUOTE originally posted by ChefGucci

QUOTE originally posted by Doduo

Ooh, okay, thanks for showing me the screenshot! I don't go to the Discord enough lol.
Dino Master's AvatarDino Master
here's some cresselia images but i dont see that pale blue pfq gen 5 home image swsh cresselia home model
  • Stuff :P
  • Favorites
  • Other
AHHH! [tableflip] Hi, I like ghosts PM me about trades #dinogang The Dino Theater Journal
Little Army
PFP Art by Dino Master | About Me Template by Esme Type Race Button by Fuchsfee
WereMorta's AvatarWereMorta
Really not a fan of some of the new albinos/melans. Albino Buneary is now greyish, whereas it was pure white before. I really liked it since it looked like an ACTUAL albino rabbit but now...eh. Not so much. The new melan Pachirisus are also disappointing to me. The fact they had two separate sprites was cool and interesting. Now they're the same grey and green which...don't really go all that well together in my opinion. It's especially disappointing to me since I was trying for melan male. I even had a chain of over 3,900 but now I probably won't bother. Onto the sea slugs. I think the pure white with pink of Occident Shellos was a lot nicer, ditto with the pure white and blue of the albino Orient Shellos. The new albinos are alright, but I'm definitely not as much as a fan as I was before. I thought the pure black on the melans was also a lot nicer looking over the green-ish black the melan sprites have now. Another melan hunt I probably won't be bothering with anymore. Ah well I guess. To end on a positive note, I actually DO like the new albino Pachirisu. The yellow tail stripe is a nice sunny yellow, and is actually a lot more visible than the old stripe. So that's cool.
Avatar art by Zeaott226 on DeviantArt

Pages: 123··· 643644645646647··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page