PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 641642643644645··· 744745746

obviously, i am a massive fan of infernape and its pre-evolutions. they are my favorite pokemon. i make no secret about it. i am... so, so sad that the original albino/melan chimchar line have been replaced with the updated versions, as i really dislike how they turned out. the blue looks extremely generic for fire type albinos/melans (though i understand this is due to how melans/albinos are decided), and the purple from shiny infernape being turned into a sickly yellow-green on the melan is just... really unappealing. i really hate being this negative about the sinnoh update since you guys did work extremely hard on it, so i'll say some of the ones posted in sprite discovery that i do like. azelf's new melan is really cool and one of the sinnoh melans i think was an improvement. looking forward to seeing uxie and mesprit's melans too. melan dialga's color scheme is also very pretty, and so is melan spiritomb's. darkrai's new melan comes off as "darkrai but with a red tint", but like... it actually looks pretty cool! that might just be me being biased towards red, though.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
I'm coming out of the hole I've been hiding in to say Poison Melan Arceus is a dream. I'll be compiling all arceus plates in a bit to post to discovery
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Melan Gible line must have been a nightmare to recolor given that each Shiny evolution and Mega have their own colors, I just personally think the whole line can go just a few shades darker than they are, especially Gabite and Mega Garchomp, but other than that I don't mind the choices, I really like Garchomp! Melan Heatran, Riolu and Rotom lines are also so good aaaaahh!! Really glad Riolu line managed to keep green colors in some way, this really cemented in that I want to hunt its Melan line. There's a bunch of nice Albinos as well, such as Heatran, Croagunk, Buizel and Rotom line (again lol)
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
blu orb's Avatarblu orb
Honestly, personally, the rotom line is a bit. Eyestrainy/headache causing for us, and with rotom being our personal favorite that we have melans that we look at of quite a bit, that's bad. Chronic migraines + this color combo is a... bad choice, honestly. so we're definitely not a fan of the new rotom melan colors.
hehe,,,, bard. Icon by us!
Sprite by https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/264578/HeartlessDemon-s-FREE-Sprite-Adopts
Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
While I do appreciate the effort that must of went into this region... I'm mostly disappointed unfortunately. I really loved the melan Infernape's purple flames before. It was unique and really cool, as purple is my all time favorite color... but now I'm not so sure of the greens and blues it sports. Then there's the Turtwig line... I've been hunting that melan for personal reasons. I love the fall colors the leaves sported. It was a melan I've been hunting to symbolize self growth and change I've been going through. Kinda like how seasons and plants grow and change... but the blackish leaves... I dont know. It makes me feel a bit disappointed how much time I wasted with the hunt now. Again. I appreciate genuinely as a graphic designer myself the time that went into all this. The sprites look so much cleaner, I absolutely agree... but many of the color choices leave me less than impressed. :(
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
SpaceX's AvatarSpaceX
I totally understand the amount of work that went into this but like my problem is...why is albino shellos like...got an off green line...the pink and blue made so much more sense...
Score for Type Race! 0 Current chain: 1 Shinies: 0
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

But it was a mistake to have different-coloured genders in the first place. A mistake that I failed to catch before they were originally released. That's my fault for not checking what was being put out before it happened. Gender differences never* affect colours. They may affect where those colours appear (eg. Butterfree's wings have a different pattern) but they don't add or remove or change colours entirely. * Nidoran, Jellicent and other Pokémon with more extreme dimorphism are of course exceptions to this. I'm referring to Pokémon with only minor gender differences. Again, I apologise for the original mistake. It should not have happened.
It may have been a mistake but from what I can tell it was a very well-received one. Perhaps cause to re-evaluate? I think more cases of differently coloured melans depending on gender would be fun and add something to the game. Great things sometimes begin life as errors.
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
Svetty's AvatarSvetty

I understand the frustration of having things changed from under you. I get it. But it was a mistake to have different-coloured genders in the first place. A mistake that I failed to catch before they were originally released. That's my fault for not checking what was being put out before it happened. Gender differences never* affect colours. They may affect where those colours appear (eg. Butterfree's wings have a different pattern) but they don't add or remove or change colours entirely. * Nidoran, Jellicent and other Pokémon with more extreme dimorphism are of course exceptions to this. I'm referring to Pokémon with only minor gender differences. Again, I apologise for the original mistake. It should not have happened.
I can understand taking it back as I can see why it might have been a mistake, I just saw it more as a fun PFQ exclusive thing, which to me was more so was about the community thing with doing hunt races with friends I made on site, ect. Especially since there was not a lot of colour gender differences so it was a neat little thing to have, like starly, pachirisu, kricketot, croagunk, lumineon. (Maybe theres more, but I dont know/remember! I dont remember if there is any after Sinnoh that do the gender difference thing but if there are its helpful to know that it will no longer be a thing I'm assuming then?
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,385,906
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,199,283
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97

QUOTE originally posted by Svetty

I understand the frustration of having things changed from under you. I get it. But it was a mistake to have different-coloured genders in the first place. A mistake that I failed to catch before they were originally released. That's my fault for not checking what was being put out before it happened. Gender differences never* affect colours. They may affect where those colours appear (eg. Butterfree's wings have a different pattern) but they don't add or remove or change colours entirely. * Nidoran, Jellicent and other Pokémon with more extreme dimorphism are of course exceptions to this. I'm referring to Pokémon with only minor gender differences. Again, I apologise for the original mistake. It should not have happened.
I dont remember if there is any after Sinnoh that do the gender difference thing but if there are its helpful to know that it will no longer be a thing I'm assuming then?
Scyther melans used to have different wing colours. So it has happened before, where the gender differences got changed and I think the rest of the specials with gender differences will look the same in the future.
LavenderHues's AvatarLavenderHues
I think the only sprite I'm disappointed in changing this time around was Chansey's albino. I really liked the pale pink/cream of the old sprite over the minty fresh green it has now. Every other sprite I'm okay with and even happy with, espescially albino Riolu turning lavender! For the sake of comparison. I just feel like the mint green looks unnatural/radioactive, though I can kinda in-world-logic it a bit? Minty colors are supposed to be calming and Chansey is a Pokemon known for it's healing and kindness. However, I still find the pale pink/cream combo more fitting.
Forum icon drawn by me!
× 628 / 713
Sea Crown hoard progress until I can restart my hunt!

Pages: 123··· 641642643644645··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page