PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 597598599600601··· 748749750

remoraid and octillery are a different case, their scrapped beta designs were a gun (remoraid) evolving into a tank (octillery).
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

remoraid and octillery are a different case, their scrapped beta designs were a gun (remoraid) evolving into a tank (octillery).
But that is not what we got. We got a fish -> octopus. The gun/tank concept of their designs don't exist in the pokemon canon. What does exist is that sometimes, some pokemon evolve into unpredictable things. :V Which is fine by me, I guess?
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
my point is how it feels like there was nothing to connect skyrie and grymphony, while remoraid and octillery did at one point have a very clear connection.
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
Maybe it's just a preference of mine. I like pokemon that change a lot when evolving and I don't like designing evos that are like "the same thing but bigger now"
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
ohh, that actually puts it into perspective quite a bit.
matecocido's Avatarmatecocido
I gotta agree with PK this last bit. + I don't really see what's SO different about them aside from color maybe, but it's a Vibrava - Flygon case. Maybe modifing a little bit of the head fluff would change, but I see the relationship.
»» NO PMS PLEASE !! «« * * * *
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Skyrie line reminds me a lot of Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver "Betamon" sprites reworked to fit current artwork and sprites, which personally gives a lot of charm to the line.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
timid's Avatartimid
Ok, I can definitely see the intent behind the sprites now. I think they would look stellar in the gen 1 style now that that's what I'm picturing in my head. ;w; I personally think they would look a lot better in the original color that PK designed them in, and maybe a spearow-esque shiny, but hey, that's just me. (Also funfact if I'm not mistaken Remoraid is in fact an octopi hatchling, kind of like tynamo is also the young of an eel. They just undergo metamorphosis, like a tadpole becoming a frog. ^ WRONG, Remoraid is based off a remora fish, silly timid)
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97
Comparing Skyrie's concept art and the sprite itself. The sprite version has a huge beak compared to the art version. When I saw the sprite for the first time, I thought the beak was a muzzle. I think the tiny beak is cute and it would suit it more.
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê
Can i just say the melan pup is precious as heck? LOVELY combination of colors, one of my favorite palettes at work. I'd love to see it grown-up <3 great job, yeah, definitely on the top-priority hunt list

Pages: 123··· 597598599600601··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page