PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 596597598599600··· 746747748

furina's Avatarfurina
ahhh shiny grymphony almost looks like a melan..... love it!
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
Grymphony is just beautiful-
matecocido's Avatarmatecocido
Oh my Skyrie is so pretty! Why didn't I evolve 900+ pokémon hhhh
»» NO PMS PLEASE !! «« * * * *
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
big fan of melan skyrie and evo. Not a big fan of the albinos. Kind of tired of pink albinos especially since fruskys albino is also pink haha
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
timid's Avatartimid
It's ultimately not relevant because the sprite work is pretty solid and so are the ideas and design behind this new line, but a small gripe I have is that it doesn't look like a Pokèmon, at all. A lot of Fakemon don't, but this one sticks out exceptionally. It calls to mind more like, idk, a neopet or something. Especially the colors, and especially on Grymphony... actually its entire design is a little iffy for me. If whoever made it feels like posting their concept sketches I'd love to see if it's an execution thing or not but of course that's just a casual request.
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
Foxat's AvatarFoxat
I have to agree; my first impression was definitely moreso that of a Digimon or something of the sort.
Canine's AvatarCanine

QUOTE originally posted by timid

It's ultimately not relevant because the sprite work is pretty solid and so are the ideas and design behind this new line, but a small gripe I have is that it doesn't look like a Pokèmon, at all. A lot of Fakemon don't, but this one sticks out exceptionally. It calls to mind more like, idk, a neopet or something. Especially the colors, and especially on Grymphony... actually its entire design is a little iffy for me. If whoever made it feels like posting their concept sketches I'd love to see if it's an execution thing or not but of course that's just a casual request.
I have to agree here, although it looks more like a stereotypical fantasy mmorpg monster to me than a neopet, like something you'd see in FF. Which is how I feel about the Valkyrie fakemon too, and a few others. My other problem with it is it just doesn't,, look like it should evolve into that. The two designs are not consistent at all, and if you showed me them without context I'd say they were two completely different things. Maybe there's something in the dex entries about it, but none of the design elements seem to pass over into the evo (except like, the wings and tail fluff I guess, but those are extremely basic traits so I wouldn't say they make the evolution line obvious).
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
This is my old concept art for this line. When I came up with it I had two things in mind: I wanted to make a non-legendary pure flying type (this was pre-rookidee era) and I wanted to try making something with a kanto-vibe design. I went with a griffin cuz it fit the typing I wanted. Ended up changing the colors cuz I thought it looked too much like it could be a normal type. Skyrie was also given a beak during spriting. So overall I was trying to go for some more retro design elements, such as simplistic eyes, swirls, and funky anatomy.
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
So the concept art colors became, or at least influenced, the shiny palette! that's interesting!
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I agree with the not-very-pokemon-esque design, but as long as the design looks alright I don't have a super huge problem with it. It doesn't interest me that much, but it's mostly because of personal preference. I like the special color schemes, no complaints there!

QUOTE originally posted by Canine

My other problem with it is it just doesn't,, look like it should evolve into that. The two designs are not consistent at all, and if you showed me them without context I'd say they were two completely different things. Maybe there's something in the dex entries about it, but none of the design elements seem to pass over into the evo (except like, the wings and tail fluff I guess, but those are extremely basic traits so I wouldn't say they make the evolution line obvious).
I've had this problem with other exclusives before, but I always remember Remoraid -> Octillery so I can't really claim that pokemon whose evolutions look inconsistent aren't, uh, things that sometimes just happen in pokemon.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Pages: 123··· 596597598599600··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page