PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 1718192021··· 484950

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

a bit of a stretch, but maybe after rv2 is out you could make a public "testing server" people could sign up for? i remember a few games i used to play that did this. it would require essentially running two different versions of the site though...
Oh definitely! That's entirely possible and in fact ridiculously easy. I just ask Moonsy to set up a new Docker container, point it to a different Git branch than the live one, badaboom 30 seconds later there's your PTB server done! Man I wish I could have that already XD Small steps...

QUOTE originally posted by Siffrin

This:

QUOTE originally posted by Siffrin

If I may say, though, Niet- you may want to try playing on a fresh account from square one with no help from anyone that knows who you are to see if the changes you've been implimenting will alienate new players or not, no hypermode or giving yourself anything. It'd help you get even more of a feel for what the game is hurting on from an inside point of view.
still stands in my eyes. If you do that, and still believe it would be fun to play should you impliment the changes, then so be it!
And break my own multi-accounting rule? :p I am also not this game's target audience. My opinions on the gameplay experience won't be as relevant. If I weren't the dev, I were just some random person coming to play this game, I'd 100% be a free-to-play user who works the markets/trades to get everything for free, I'd find that fun XD That aside, I would note that this account I'm on is maybe 99.9% legit? I get free Hypermode as part of being staff, and I "cheated" myself some ZC so that I could buy items to test them out, but everything else - including my present Complete rank - is obtained completely through normal gameplay. So "playing on a fresh account" really wouldn't change much! But thank you for your kind words, I'm trying to take some time to relax today XD
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Blueish's Avatarhypermode-12.pngBlueish
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Blueish

Now that this question is relevant, are there any plans to make Ditto finally not influence delta typing as a "cross-breed" parent? This update could make Ditto a viable partner for all Pokémon if you're lazy like I am, but making an overwhelming majority of offspring Normal Deltas has always been a damper on that.
I don't want to pester, but this was kind of buried and I was wondering if this matters enough to enough people to be addressed and if it's even possible? ^^'
Siffrin's AvatarSiffrin
arceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

And break my own multi-accounting rule? :p I am also not this game's target audience. My opinions on the gameplay experience won't be as relevant. If I weren't the dev, I were just some random person coming to play this game, I'd 100% be a free-to-play user who works the markets/trades to get everything for free, I'd find that fun XD That aside, I would note that this account I'm on is maybe 99.9% legit? I get free Hypermode as part of being staff, and I "cheated" myself some ZC so that I could buy items to test them out, but everything else - including my present Complete rank - is obtained completely through normal gameplay. So "playing on a fresh account" really wouldn't change much!
Yeeees, but you've had the account for how long? And already have most things you need? AND have the benefit of being a mod with the power to snap your fingers and change what you have? I can't help but notice your Perroc appears to have been from the day before the event released- that is not considered "legitimate" from a gameplay standpoint. Anything you bought with cheated-in ZC is not legitimate, and you have the benefit of generally getting whatever you ask for from others due to your status as a mod. I really cannot recommend trying your own game out yourself enough. Sure, it's "breaking your own rules", but... you're the developer, there's a difference between cheating and learning about your own game. Whether you're the target audience or not. In the end it's really your choice, but I can't recommend it enough. Playtesting is necessary for balance, and when I say playtesting I mean from the beginning. Edit: PLUS there's always the chance you'll have an idea that'd make the game more fun for YOU to play! What would make the game more your speed? Other people may enjoy it too.
He / they PFP from In Stars and Time! Please play it, I cannot sing it enough praises.
Deadlock21's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDeadlock21
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
I dontthi k starti g a new account to test stuff is necessary as most stuff thats implemented dont affect new players anyways. Stuff changes for long time players and veterans. And stuff changes for people that are further in gameplay. No newbie is interested in breeding pairs. Heck i play for 13 month and i dont care for breeding pairs lol. Ew players join. See how it works. Use it. They dont know what and how it changed.
He/him 30 German Second/Third Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Siffrin's AvatarSiffrin
arceus.pngd+.png
Playtesting is the lifeblood of all game development. If nothing else that is what the college courses for it teach. You really underestimate new players, everyone I've seen starting out new immediately wants to hunt- because that is the entire gig of the site.
They can and will hunt. Noone will stop them. But are they hunting that in depth that veterans do? And will they be affected by the changes ? Thats what im saying.
Siffrin's AvatarSiffrin
arceus.pngd+.png
Yes, of course! Have you developed games before? I don't ask to be derogatory, I mean this completely genuinely. If a game is not fun at the start, why will people continue to play it? Especially in this day and age? YOU are a new player to ME, as well. You have shinies and albinos, meaning you have interacted with making pairs through other players. Eggs they hatch, specials they trade- it is interconnected, especially in a game like this! I am not against the changes, mind you. I only advocate for thinking deeply about the changes and actually testing the game for Niet to see for himself what the game is like when you start from nothing.
Nøva Bunny's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNøva Bunny
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

[snip]
We got accusations of "not listening" when we tried stuff like that. Which just made things even worse. I wish there were something that could be done but it's just... so difficult, y'know? XD Still, interesting idea, and maybe we can try it sometime. It might just work...
Things got really out of hand, and everyone was just feeding off everyone else. Your updates are great and you really do listen! I mean when the Shelter updates happened you heard us and I love the set up. I know nothing about codes except that it's really hard and takes a ton of work. I trust your ideas will work out fine and most of my questions are out of my lack of understanding in general lol. Anyway, you are doing great.
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ *just your local lurker*
Type Race Score: 1148
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
I cant Code but i helped develope an RPG by writing the story and quests. That aside, Niet once said himself that new players either get hooked and stay forever or they dont and leave. You dont play for 3 month and then suddenly decide its not yours. Its most likely decided in the first few days, maybe one week. I doubt that a player that played 3 days will stay or leave because of a daycare mechanic, that they cant use on its full pote tial anyways. Also whats with the next update ? Should Niet make another new account then ? How long does he have to play to even get to test whater the new update is ? How long should he test it? Can he ceat to reach the point where testing it properly is possible or work himself there every time ? Again: i dont think the changes affect new players that much. At least not noticeable for them. Yes i got bred eggs from others and yes i used their pairs by adopting, but if I was new now? I dont know. I cant mourn what i never knew.
Siffrin's AvatarSiffrin
arceus.pngd+.png
Writing is not the same as mechanics. When it comes to mechanics, there must be a careful balance- too much luck and the game is boring, too little and it's frustrating, ect. For example, and only an example: if you don't test how an attack hits its target, you'll end up with janky hitboxes if you're lucky, before taking into account possible visual glitches, interactions with other mechanics, potential exploits, and so on. If new players were either hooked or not... I wouldn't be here at all. Niet can check my interaction history and see it isn't the case for me. Besides, isn't there an opportunity to see what causes that? I feel some of the conflict Niet has gotten comes from people feeling he's too displaced from the userbase. I was actually surprised when he responded how he did, since playtesting is standard procedure, but it helps put things into perspective as well. Not having to fight to hold onto what you have in a game will warp how you see it. That's part of why playtesting is important, after all! As for goals, why not getting the three trainer card stars? That is the mark of a pro player, and no one knows the game like Niet does. Apologies if this comes across in any bad way- this is genuinely exciting, I love making and working on games more than you can imagine!

Pages: 123··· 1718192021··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page