PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 1234··· 474849

Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
This looks amazing! I’ve been so excited for this!! My favorite is the removal of the RNG factor between pairs. being able to optimize makes me so excited and happy. My only concern is using gems for the red gig. It takes a TOOOON of gems to hit wishalloy, and as such gems are always always valuable. this is reflected in the market very clearly in my opinion. I don’t really want gems to get more expensive ): i don’t see a benefit to giving them more value honestly other then that i’m hyped!!

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
xXShadeXx's AvatarxXShadeXx
I have to say I also can't say I like the V~wave affecting my breeding pairs as well as the red gigaremo change, either. Getting caught on a bad luck of v~wave days just kinda sucks, really. Same with needing gems to power the gigaremo. The V~Wave thing is kinda self-explanatory. But for the gigaremo, I also thought that happiness was the cost to using it. As well not only do you need gems, which you already need an abundance of in the first place to upgrade your badges, but the type of gem is also going to affect how good or bad that it helps my pairs breed? I like the idea of the Gigraremo being charged I guess, but gems? No, I cannot say I like that. I hutn variant and exlusive pokemon a lot, and knowing that just activating the gigaremo if I don't have the right type of gems, it's basically gonna screw up the breeding. I'm fine with all the other updates like natures helping compatablity and the balancing between evos and everything, but those two things are ones I find hard to stand by.
mandomimir's Avatarmandomimir
nice, i was just about to ask about any updates for this phase! i've been holding onto so many quiet mons just waiting to be paired lol. i gave everything a quick skim for now so i'll read more carefully when i have the time, but overall it looks interesting! initially, the added cost of gems with the gigaremo took me aback for a moment, since they're a little costly to get in the first place and a bit cumbersome to use at times (with having to keep a pair's happiness up with tons of sweet hearts or easter eggs). but considering the overall improvements to breeding chances / compatibility in general, i think it should balance out in the grand scheme of things? (personal feelings on this may or may not change once i read through the technicalities more thoroughly but i think the only way to tell is to sit with the phase for a while and see how things actually feel to work with) i'd say i'm looking forward to this phase and thank you for keeping us in the loop! ^^

J ‖ he/they ‖ 25 ‖ illustrator

[quiet nature / dry pref]
Score: 14901
S/A/M shop free fields / dexing art journal credits

credits

✦code @RAINB0W ✦all forum art (avatar,signature,etc.) by me ✦TR banner by @CaptainNessbot ✦divider from Cute Kawaii Resources
Silverfang405's AvatarSilverfang405
Most of this seems fine but I just cannot get behind the v wave change, how are people supposed to change up their breeding for the daily v wave when hunts are an extended thing? Most people who use the daycare use it for hunting, it can takes weeks or even months to hatch what you want and saving every chain is expensive if you're serious. Plus for type race that'll make people feel like it's rigged, types can repeat due to the rng nature. The entire team could take a hit due to terrible rng when the v wave already boosts the exp, faster hatching and breeding doesn't seem fair :/ Edit: also less eggs means you're fighting more to claim eggs in the shelter as everyone else hunting that pokemon will also take a hit, I don't feel like fighting every other user for one egg tbh
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Interesting with the V-Wave. Since it will be based on the parents delta, could it potentially also allow you to hatch the eggs in your party as the matching delta if you have all the V-Wave buffs? Like, example, Bug V-Wave, I have a Bug delta pair - if I still spend DP on the entire party because the parents and V-Wave match up they would all be bug delta children. This would be nice for people looking for a certain delta coloration but it still gives randomness to Pokemon that cannot be bred/legendary mons.
Score: 16,096
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
DrData's AvatarDrData
Wow!! These are all super exciting updates and very welcome and needed buffs to the daycare center! I am super excited for the twin eggs aspect, also the egg base boost. I see some complaining over the V-Wave and Red Device updates but I dont have many thoughts over those. I also am very happy you are making the breeding system a lot more coherent and understandable for users to easily curate breeding pairs instead of hoping RNG will bless them. To me, on paper this seems like a great update! I hope the coding and outcome is smooth.
it/its pronouns for me! Pet my Puppy! Check out my wifes art shop!
Iapapa Berry

Iapapa Berry

Common Berry

(: 0)

This Berry is very big and sour. The juiciness of the pulp accentuates the sourness.

Flavour: Sour
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Soft
Growth time: 20 hours

Sells for 10

Lv. 100 — +4,208,996
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Bold nature
Tangerine Sprite by Siffrin
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

i'm sorry, but the v-wave potentially causing a nerf is a terrible change. having just the boosts or no bonus is fine i guess, but the potential of getting a bad luck string of v-waves for your pair (if you are stuck in the middle of a hunt, especially in type race where this can massively impact team scores) can be devastating. really am not enjoying this. really odd how there's no more rng factor when it comes to the base compatibility, but then this is added. i'm a bit confused.
Would it help if I lowered the base compatibility by 16, and then made the V~Wave a pure buff? Numerically it's exactly the same, after all, but now V~Wave isn't a penalty... Or I can keep things sensible, with "base value" as neutrality to the V~Wave, and up or down as appropriate.

QUOTE originally posted by Brohepsi

I'm sorry I really just can't get behind the red gigaremo change. It's going to make things a lot more difficult for new players and players like me who still aren't at wishalloy badges. Especially when I already paid for it
New players with a Red Gigaremo? I really don't think that's a concern...

QUOTE originally posted by ToyohisaSenguji

Is pair compatibility going to be re-evaluated everyday to also account for the v-wave changes or will the vwc modifier from the time they were added to the daycare apply to all breeding until the pair is re-evaluated?
V~Wave would be a Dynamic Modifier, which updates in real-time and is unrelated to Base Compatibility.

QUOTE originally posted by Avianahelena

Will you be adding hybridising methods to all/most of the ones that currently require an existing specimen of the line to breed? (e.g. Cactaboo from Pumpkaboo and Cacturne rather than having to have a Cactaboo already to get more.) That would be amazingly helpful for my arbitrary goal to have a living dex that's 100% either from my lab or bred from pokemon that are from my lab.
Pretty sure Cactaboo is already coded in, last I checked!
Yes, you absolutely can use Delta typing to minmax the V~Wave modifier ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
jampharos's Avatarjampharos
I'm hesitant about the v-wave change, but I also can't mental math to understand what the resulting values will be. If the "absolute best" pair with the "absolute worst" v-wave effect is still 100%, then I'm less concerned. But if a bad-luck string of v-wave is taking me below 100% for days I'll be bummed.
♡ docile hoarder ♡ journalshop
* icon credit
seconding shirarisun here. v-wave affecting compatibility simply is awful. there's already a disruption in balance with boosting exp rate, but adding that to lowering compatibility, or raising it? That causes a massive disruption, allowing certain TR teams to gain a massive boost. here's the problem i see: v-wave is ground you have 2 viable electric mons in the daycare. Ground TR get a 50% buff to exp and increased breeding rate and Electric TR gets compatability lowered with nothing to balance it out? i genuinely see no upside to this. especially when newer players are wondering why their pokemon have compatability fluctuating on a daily basis.
Profile Picture from the KNY (Demon Slayer) Hashira Training Arc key visual (unmodified). Mareep line hoarder. Type Race Score = 53
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
I perhaps would not have said it as negatively as others, but I'm not a fan of V~Wave being able to decrease the breeding chance. In my experience people completely ignore the V~Wave while hunting since hunts stretch over many days/weeks and V~Wave is constantly changing. So the V~Wave negatively impacting breeding is just randomly saying that on certain days you won't be able to breed as many eggs for your hunt. For the Gigaremo change, I personally think that a matching gem should allow happiness to drain slower than the current rate. It doesn't have to be significantly lower, but I think it shouldn't be a straight nerf to the Gigaremo, I don't feel like it was strong enough previously to warrant a total nerf. But I do think the gem-cost system is probably a better system. Those two things out of the way, I love the rest of the changes. The party interactions change is fantastic, I think that was really smart. And I'm looking forward to there being no more RNG in putting together breeding pairs.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.

Pages: 1234··· 474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page