PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 1819202122··· 484950

Leacky's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLeacky
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga+.png
I really think Niet should do a few Melan hunts to get the feel of them. That way he could understand better how the hunting Players feel about this update. I know the V Wave part of the update was scrapped (thank Arceus!) but no sane Melan hunter would change their pairs (or entire hunts) on a daily basis. And keeping 18 pairs of a single species - God please no! I have all breedable pairs with a perfect base compatibility - that's already 29 Fields! Do you really expect people to keep multiple pairs for a single hunt? Aside from the fact that it's simply not possible due to the space limit where would I keep my Specials collection? Or Specials for sale? Or really just anything that isn't a breeding pair? And speaking of them - I really prefer the current pair making system. The way you described it in the first post may seem complex... but for the most part it really isn't. Just get 2 Pokemon from the same evo line and of opposite gender from 2 other people and bam - you have a 90%+ Breeding Pair. The mono- and genderless Pokemon are similar, just with a lower base compatibility, as long as you follow these tables. It's pretty straight-forward. But the new system starts with a lower max base compatibility, will be affected by so many factors (natures, evo stage, split evos, multiple formes, types etc) - all that just sounds needlessly complicated and convoluted to me. Sorry if this sounded rude, I just really don't know how to express this better. I'd really rather keep the current system that I know and understand as-is than having to rebuild my entire collection from scratch because it won't be optimal anymore. None of my pairs have matching Natures. Some of my pairs are kept at different evo stages on purpose so the mono-gender Pokemon linked to them can have the max compatibility. And Unowns - some of my pairs are completely screwed because they have the same OT because of this little quirk - "Two Unown receive a base value of a random number between 30 and 60, regardless of OT". Edit: fixed a few typos Edit 2: And I forgot one more thing - under the current system once made the pairs are set in stone and thus reliable. Something that can't be said about the new way too dynamic system.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
Durant's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDurant
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
I am really sad the v-wave and Red Gigaremo changes aren't happening. I was so excited for them. I was getting ready to go find deltas of monogender pokemon that I plan to hunt long term. If we were getting over 100% with a pair why did the v-wave matter. Any percentage over the 100% is a buff seeing as right now we don't get anything for over that. The Red Gigaremo changes seemed so cool. I was so excited to learn how it all worked with different gems meaning the happiness was affected different. Plus the auto feeder, that has been one thing that has been wanted for so long. I hope these changes can maybe be looked at again in the future.
Check out Durant's Shop
DrarryForever's AvatarDrarryForever
master.pngd.png
anyone who responded so harshly to this awesome update should be ASHAMED of themselves! if someone doesn't like something, a demand isn't the way to go about wanting it changed. i was super excited at the V~Wave part, due to the Twin Eggs, and i'm severely upset with the fact that people were so rude you had to remove it. You're awesome Neit, don't let anyone let you believe otherwise. Pokefarm wouldn't be as cool as it is without you and your hard work. Also, don't let the rude comments get to you. People can only get you down if you LET them. ignore or just don't respond to the harsher comments.
Credit for Pikachu goes to MataMoja on PFQ! Credit for Slytherin Crest avatar is Offical Harry Potter art from Pottermore.
Deadlock21's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDeadlock21
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

I really think Niet should do a few Melan hunts to get the feel of them. That way he could understand better how the hunting Players feel about this update. I know the V Wave part of the update was scrapped (thank Arceus!) but no sane Melan hunter would change their pairs (or entire hunts) on a daily basis. And keeping 18 pairs of a single species - God please no! I have all breedable pairs with a perfect base compatibility - that's already 29 Fields! Do you really expect people to keep multiple pairs for a single hunt? Aside from the fact that it's simply not possible due to the space limit where would I keep my Specials collection? Or Specials for sale? Or really just anything that isn't a breeding pair? And speaking of them - I really prefer the current pair making system. The way you described it in the first post may seem complex... but for the most part it really isn't. Just get 2 Pokemon from the same evo line and of opposite gender from 2 other people and bam - you have a 90%+ Breeding Pair. The mono- and genderless Pokemon are similar, just with a lower base compatibility, as long as you follow these tables. It's pretty straight-forward. But the new system starts with a lower max base compatibility, will be affected by so many factors (natures, evo stage, split evos, multiple formes, types etc) - all that just sounds needlessly complicated and convoluted to me. Sorry if this sounded rude, I just really don't know how to express this better. I'd really rather keep the current system that I know and understand as-is than having to rebuild my entire collection from scratch because it won't be optimal anymore. None of my pairs have matching Natures. Some of my pairs are kept at different evo stages on purpose so the mono-gender Pokemon linked to them can have the max compatibility. And Unowns - some of my pairs are completely screwed because they have the same OT because of this little quirk - "Two Unown receive a base value of a random number between 30 and 60, regardless of OT". Edit: fixed a few typos
Again: the vwave bonus would have only affected pairs Under 120%. All pairs above would still have been over 100% even with a bad vwave, only affecting the chance for twins
He/him 30 German Second/Third Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Goatlady's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGoatlady
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
30 players commenting and upvoting posts in the first few hours isn't even 1% of the player base. Most players had not read the announcement, let alone been able to post their view. To retract everything based on this is very unfair in my eyes. This has happened before, where responses were enotional and mods had to step in to control it all. When polls were put up and closed less than 24hrs later with decisions finalised so quickly. I support what Trebor said about posting it and having discussion locked for 24hrs to let emotional responses ebb and for people to figure out what useful questions to ask. My first reaction is very different to my thoughts since digesting and realising what the changes actually equate to in my style of gameplay. I liked your proposed changes, after the initial raging momentarily in my brain about the gigaremo and how the pairings would devastate my trade shop and alter the way I use my limited time online. And then I was excited to have a use for excess gems (depending on any surprise changes with the wishforge to make me care about having Master badges). And realised actually other opportunities would arise for our shop. And both the gigaremo and V-waves would pay for themselves after a few days, and would likely only affect E/V hunts, which are intended to be late game hunts and not gem hunts, that I'd likely even forget about how it used to be. Just like I've adapted with the Shelter and it's as if nothing really happened there too now. I am actually a bit upset that you don't want to do those changes anymore. The time and effort you must have put into it all should not be dismissed after such a short amount of time and I hope you again change your mind to implement them as you intended.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,373,006
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(item.png: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +2,031,135
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
impish.sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngimpish.sei
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by WytchyLynx

As an IV breeder I feel like this may make things harder for me though when it comes to cross breeding species within egg groups that have different body types.
Body types and size/weight already affected cross-species pairs - you can see this in the breakdown Niet gave in the opening post

QUOTE originally posted by Blueish

QUOTE originally posted by Blueish

Now that this question is relevant, are there any plans to make Ditto finally not influence delta typing as a "cross-breed" parent? This update could make Ditto a viable partner for all Pokémon if you're lazy like I am, but making an overwhelming majority of offspring Normal Deltas has always been a damper on that.
I don't want to pester, but this was kind of buried and I was wondering if this matters enough to enough people to be addressed and if it's even possible? ^^'
I'd like to second this! As well as ask something of my own, there was a mention of typing influencing base %, such as a Flareon being a better pair for a Growlithe than an Eevee, but I don't see any numbers for that? I am a little sad that the update got scrapped in such little time myself. I went to sleep shortly after the update dropped, woke up and was just getting back to rereading the numbers to get an understanding of where it would leave things - and it had already been scrapped. While I definitely appreciate the players being listened to, knee-jerking the knee-jerks can, and this is coming from someone who was also a dev, be just as bad as not listening to them. It can be hard, but especially in times like this where people start to calm down, it can lead to feeling spiteful for your own player base even MORE than just their general negativity can. I know it's a difficult balance, and I appreciate the work you've put into this. I hate to see it all disappear because of gut reactions.

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
0 pts .
Ursaring's Avatarhypermode-12.pngUrsaring
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngshiny.png
I agree with the last few people in that I was really excited about the V-Wave changes and I am really disappointed that you have decided not to do them when only a small percentage of the userbase has said anything against them. I don't use the red gigaremo at the moment but an extra use for excess gems seems like an great addition to the game. I hope that you will rethink about adding these in the future. Thanks for your amazing work on this site Niet.
Please visit my shop
Avatar by Mystera / Shop button by hamster
Happyquack's AvatarHappyquack
grandmaster.pnge.png
One thing I did want to say that I noticed other people disagreeing with in the initial responses, but I do like how thematic the effects of natures and the V~Wave would have on compatibility. Like yeah, of course personality would generally have an effect on how compatible two Pokémon would be! And also, if the V~Wave is some sort of overall type effect on the website akin to weather, of course it might chance a Pokémon's mood that day and affect it's compatibility. It already affects XP gain, why not breeding? And to your point that having only positive buffs from the V~Wave is functionally the same as the V~Wave sometimes having negative buff, then why not still do that? I do think that there is at least a difference in sentiment. Presently, the V~Wave only brings a positive buff to EXP gain, and no negative. I think it would be consistent for it to also only affect breeding positively. I can't speak for its effects on type races, I think that's a fair thing to at least consider, but making the V~Wave only a positive buff and then overall debuffing compatibility slightly (in the name of not making it too high) that might at least sit better. Thank you for laying everything out (and digging through your code) like this and putting so much thought into it all!!! The initial stream of responses to your post definitely felt... reactionary, without taking into account how much of a buff the rest of the update was. The gem cost for the red gigaremo I can't speak on, I'm not sure where exactly I sit on that. There's a lot of interesting factors, and I also don't even plan to use it (it pains me to make my Pokémon unhappy like that, even for optimization...)
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
koikingwarden's Avatarkoikingwarden
arceus.pngd.png
i'm gonna be honest i genuinely don't understand what people were getting so frustrated about. a core mechanic of the update was getting rid of the struggle to find breeding pairs, which i for one was SUPER excited about as someone who hunts a good number of pfq 'mons! also, i don't know if anyone has commented on this, but everyone's advice to "start a new account and play from scratch to get a feel for the game" really just. wouldn't work. due to the nature of the game, you cant really "playtest" without spending days grinding to get to a certain point to actually try stuff - moreover, because pfq is very much a "play your way" kind of game, coming at it with the experience of the literal developer who Made The Game will by nature make it so that he really can't come at it with a fresh perspective. because so much of this game is doing what you like and not doing what you dont like, even if he were to start fresh, i don't think it would be super helpful since he already has his own opinions of how he likes to play the game (also, yknow, the perspective of the person that made the whole system will probably be a different angle from the average player). it isn't the sort of game where he can just start it up and replay a specific battle multiple times to see how balanced it feels like an average game. i'd call this a community-driven idle clicker game, which by nature makes it Very Different and Very Complicated to try and playtest certain aspects. but to reiterate my starting point, i don't know which part people were being unhappy about? especially because i feel like this would be a good update for people who really don't have the time or energy (or currency to buy pre-made pairs) to spend hours trying to match pairs or use the red gigamero. theres only a very select group of people who put so much effort into making perfect breeding pairs that might have their compatibilities skewed by the update. the vast majority of players would probably find this update making things a LOT simpler! or maybe i'm just biased ^^; (although, in my defense, i think everyone who takes an issue with this is incredibly biased in the way they play (i don't mean that to be rude, sorry if it comes across that way) because it would directly impact something they spend a lot of their time with *negatively*) either way, even a simple rebalance of the matchmaking system would make me happy, and there are a lot of small aspects of this update that i would be excited about. i get that a number of people immediately jumping in to comment on what they DON'T like is probably... really demotivating and kind of frustrating, but i do hope you'll consider all the other people who added on what they were looking forward to! (addendum: i did NOT realize how long this got, i just woke up and started talking, i'm so sorry for the massive post)
𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓂𝓅𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃
gem_ghost.png x 5065 / 6278
Happyquack's AvatarHappyquack
grandmaster.pnge.png
Actually, follow-up thought on the red gigaremo - I haven't seen anyone pointing out that the number of necessary interactions would effectively be reduced from 64 to 48. Assuming I remember what exactly the red gigaremo does, that would reduce the number to 24, as opposed to the current number of 32. Thus, amassing eggs is already being buffed on its own, and debuffing the red gigaremo only makes sense. If the complaint is about gems, it could potentially be fed with other things.

Pages: 123··· 1819202122··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page