PFQ Banner

This is PokΓ©Farm Q, a free online PokΓ©mon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

koikingwarden's Avatarkoikingwarden
arceus.pngd.png
i'm gonna be honest i genuinely don't understand what people were getting so frustrated about. a core mechanic of the update was getting rid of the struggle to find breeding pairs, which i for one was SUPER excited about as someone who hunts a good number of pfq 'mons! also, i don't know if anyone has commented on this, but everyone's advice to "start a new account and play from scratch to get a feel for the game" really just. wouldn't work. due to the nature of the game, you cant really "playtest" without spending days grinding to get to a certain point to actually try stuff - moreover, because pfq is very much a "play your way" kind of game, coming at it with the experience of the literal developer who Made The Game will by nature make it so that he really can't come at it with a fresh perspective. because so much of this game is doing what you like and not doing what you dont like, even if he were to start fresh, i don't think it would be super helpful since he already has his own opinions of how he likes to play the game (also, yknow, the perspective of the person that made the whole system will probably be a different angle from the average player). it isn't the sort of game where he can just start it up and replay a specific battle multiple times to see how balanced it feels like an average game. i'd call this a community-driven idle clicker game, which by nature makes it Very Different and Very Complicated to try and playtest certain aspects. but to reiterate my starting point, i don't know which part people were being unhappy about? especially because i feel like this would be a good update for people who really don't have the time or energy (or currency to buy pre-made pairs) to spend hours trying to match pairs or use the red gigamero. theres only a very select group of people who put so much effort into making perfect breeding pairs that might have their compatibilities skewed by the update. the vast majority of players would probably find this update making things a LOT simpler! or maybe i'm just biased ^^; (although, in my defense, i think everyone who takes an issue with this is incredibly biased in the way they play (i don't mean that to be rude, sorry if it comes across that way) because it would directly impact something they spend a lot of their time with *negatively*) either way, even a simple rebalance of the matchmaking system would make me happy, and there are a lot of small aspects of this update that i would be excited about. i get that a number of people immediately jumping in to comment on what they DON'T like is probably... really demotivating and kind of frustrating, but i do hope you'll consider all the other people who added on what they were looking forward to! (addendum: i did NOT realize how long this got, i just woke up and started talking, i'm so sorry for the massive post)
π’Ήπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓉𝒢𝓁𝓀 π“‰π‘œ 𝓂𝑒 π‘œπ“‡ π“‚π“Ž π“π’Άπ“‚π“…π“ˆ 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝑔𝒢𝒾𝓃
gem_ghost.png x 5085 / 6278
© PokΓ©Farm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page