PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

Happyquack's AvatarHappyquack
grandmaster.pnge.png
One thing I did want to say that I noticed other people disagreeing with in the initial responses, but I do like how thematic the effects of natures and the V~Wave would have on compatibility. Like yeah, of course personality would generally have an effect on how compatible two Pokémon would be! And also, if the V~Wave is some sort of overall type effect on the website akin to weather, of course it might chance a Pokémon's mood that day and affect it's compatibility. It already affects XP gain, why not breeding? And to your point that having only positive buffs from the V~Wave is functionally the same as the V~Wave sometimes having negative buff, then why not still do that? I do think that there is at least a difference in sentiment. Presently, the V~Wave only brings a positive buff to EXP gain, and no negative. I think it would be consistent for it to also only affect breeding positively. I can't speak for its effects on type races, I think that's a fair thing to at least consider, but making the V~Wave only a positive buff and then overall debuffing compatibility slightly (in the name of not making it too high) that might at least sit better. Thank you for laying everything out (and digging through your code) like this and putting so much thought into it all!!! The initial stream of responses to your post definitely felt... reactionary, without taking into account how much of a buff the rest of the update was. The gem cost for the red gigaremo I can't speak on, I'm not sure where exactly I sit on that. There's a lot of interesting factors, and I also don't even plan to use it (it pains me to make my Pokémon unhappy like that, even for optimization...)
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page