PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

Siffrin's AvatarSiffrin
arceus.pngd+.png
Writing is not the same as mechanics. When it comes to mechanics, there must be a careful balance- too much luck and the game is boring, too little and it's frustrating, ect. For example, and only an example: if you don't test how an attack hits its target, you'll end up with janky hitboxes if you're lucky, before taking into account possible visual glitches, interactions with other mechanics, potential exploits, and so on. If new players were either hooked or not... I wouldn't be here at all. Niet can check my interaction history and see it isn't the case for me. Besides, isn't there an opportunity to see what causes that? I feel some of the conflict Niet has gotten comes from people feeling he's too displaced from the userbase. I was actually surprised when he responded how he did, since playtesting is standard procedure, but it helps put things into perspective as well. Not having to fight to hold onto what you have in a game will warp how you see it. That's part of why playtesting is important, after all! As for goals, why not getting the three trainer card stars? That is the mark of a pro player, and no one knows the game like Niet does. Apologies if this comes across in any bad way- this is genuinely exciting, I love making and working on games more than you can imagine!
He / they PFP from In Stars and Time! Please play it, I cannot sing it enough praises.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page