PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 1011121314··· 484950

i dont have a lot of fun things to add; just that i was more hopeful in this going well. i was rlly happy reading a lot, until i got the v-waves and different evo levels changing pair rates and nature matching. ... my brain is spinning just thinking about making a pair.. ive never considered any of those things before when making pairs.. and now i HAVE to??? :'( that sucks.. that leaves the best bet in getting lucky or paying someone (probably at least at the start) a large sum of currency for breeding pairs :( this doesnt sound fun /genuine im hoping it plays out more fun than it sounds
TR SCORE 5515
credit
Background from AKAT42273008 on twt icon by Doosio flags by spidrenam F2U code by Gumshoe
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
arceus.pnga.png
Honestly don't like this update, I know that sounds harsh but I'd much rather leave the system as is vs having to fight with nature/berry differences, fight the v~wave daily, and have to deal with the possible different evolution stages of the same species fighting because one is 2 levels and 1 stage higher than the other :/ I had higher hopes over all really. Also think everyone who says the gems are fine as are without needing to use them to power the red gig are right. I myself am still upgrading my badges and so are my friends. We all share/sell gems to help each other and we're always needing more. If this update goes through I'll probably sell my red gig.
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
LittleMaple's AvatarLittleMaple
champion.png
As a newerr player that struggled to understand just about everything I still wanted to say I'm excited about the mass release/adopt for the daycare :D it's very minor but it'll make my hunting go sooo much faster. I also don't really mind what I understood of the breeding updates because I just. Don't understand and therefore don't care (which yeah probably not thr best view but hey) :3 Maybe for Christmas we could get an auto adopt of a specific mon from the shelter... if only... /joke
Nyna Azura's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNyna Azura
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb.png
May I suggest adding the percentage buffs/nerfs for each type on the V~Wave page, just like V~Wave tournaments show you the points you'd get for hatching a specific type? E.g. for today's V~Fairy, it could read something like this:

Today's V~Wave affects the compatibility of breeding pairs as follows (dual types stack). fairy.png +10% fire.pngpoison.pngsteel.png +4% normal.pngwater.pngelectric.pnggrass.png ice.pngground.pngflying.pngpoison.png +0% psychic.pngbug.pngrock.pngghost.png fighting.pngdragon.pngdark.png -4%
summon_kyu.png 466/500
Gray Stones
7k/11.5k
Wishalloy grass.png
4,138 left

grass.png TR Score [3,060]
> My Journal > My Shop (50% off for team grass.png) Credit for art/images I use all across PFQ can be found in this post.
Hamez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngHamez
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Regarding natures, and such, I'm pretty sure the math works out that as long as they have a high enough happiness and same level and lvl50+, they should be close to 100%. Without regard to nature. so realistically, the pairs that you have now should still work out(?) I will say that I am in the same boat about not caring much about natures. I am much more willing to match a pair for similar berry preference, but i'd rather have a good set together (for higher %) than anything else. So the only benefit on getting higher than 100% is now twins(?) which I am interested to see how is implemented. And I'm glad that above 100% is being considered as something now. I can't speak on Red Giga cuz I never use it. And the boost to E/V sounds amazing. Plus extra adopts everyday is nice as well. I think a lot of this is seeing how it plays out more than anything. The V-wave seems to be out of left field for me, as I don't necessarily see the correlation from eggs to v wave but v wave isn't a main game mechanic, to my understanding. I think most of the smaller minmaxing concepts will affect a few people in a general sense, as they seem to be negligable in terms of how much you have to click. However, being a psych major, I love seeing different perspectives on any update that comes out so appreciate reading everyone's responses!
Steel-Type Tiny Icon made by Juku
Team Corkscrew Crash — 19,014 points
Steel-Type Tiny Icon made by Juku
5.png9.pngk.png For more odds and ends, Visit The Hamez-ing Emporium! Avatar made by NinjaAnne — Buying summon_jir.png for 20zc! 2/500
I've been interested to see the daycare update since I heard about it coming, being an IV breeder and all, not needing a third person for pairs is nice. I... am not sure about v-waves and the giga. But I trust that other people are better at math than me, haha. Honestly, the natures seem like they're the ones that are gonna add more work to the shop. Not inherently a bad thing, but it's a spanner in the works. I am glad for the forewarning though, gives time to start reorganising pairs. Will just have to see how it all plays out. Overall, excited still!

He/They | GMT/BST

I broke a nokia phone once.
Iv Trade shop with the gangJournalBesties art❤︎

Credit

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Cledanio Signature Pagedoll @ChimChimp <3 on Right Here Divider @King-Lulu-Deer on Deviantart
astrolochi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngastrolochi
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
doesn't this kind of make breeding pair shops useless now? as its gonna be near impossible to buy a pair since you cant guarantee percentages anymore. you will only be able to make pairs for personal use. im all for recalculating compatibility based on physical changes to a pokemon (such evolution/transformation and even delta types) but to auto recalculate every single time a pokemon is placed into the daycare makes no sense to me. this entirely negates the OT bonus when trying to sell premade pairs. this is a community driven game, and many of these 2024 plans are going to make it harder to exist as a community, making pokefarm feel like a single player game.
august 26 any prns i collect bunny pokemon! avatar credit summon_hup.png 472 / 500 summon_hup.png buying @ 18 zc each
credit
Xygallix's Avatarhypermode-12.pngXygallix
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by leporidae

doesn't this kind of make breeding pair shops useless now? as its gonna be near impossible to buy a pair since you cant guarantee percentages anymore. you will only be able to make pairs for personal use.
Shops can still pair up pokemon with two OTs, the same nature and species (or similar in the case of things like tinkatink). So... All pre-existing pairs will have new compatibility, but there could still be a real advantage to selling pairs, it's just that most currently existing pairs won't be as maximised as before. Even now shops routinely sell pairs of differing levels e.t.c and that does make pairs sub-optimal. If anything it may drive more business for shops short term as chances are a few users will decide to look into their existing pairs a bit more.
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by leporidae

doesn't this kind of make breeding pair shops useless now? as its gonna be near impossible to buy a pair since you cant guarantee percentages anymore. you will only be able to make pairs for personal use. im all for recalculating compatibility based on physical changes to a pokemon (such evolution/transformation and even delta types) but to auto recalculate every single time a pokemon is placed into the daycare makes no sense to me. this entirely negates the OT bonus when trying to sell premade pairs. this is a community driven game, and many of these 2024 plans are going to make it harder to exist as a community, making pokefarm feel like a single player game.
I don't think pairs will change every time it is put in other than for happiness/V-Wave only when one or both evolve
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 03:01 AM
Score: 387
TR code credit
KaidaMcWoomy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKaidaMcWoomy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
Mixed feelings on this...I do like the changes to remove RNG, and only needing one mon for an OT boost now instead of both - that's gonna be a huge help to me. I also like that pairs will get recalculated as they change in size/body type/etc, even if certain pairs that are hilarious (looking at you skitty/wailord) will get nerfed. I also appreciate the changes to the spy glass. On the other hand...do gems need more of a purpose? they're already really valuable purely being a gemwish badge thing alone - I mean, on the market board, you're gonna have a hard time finding medium gems for less than 10k creds, minimum. And the gigaremo lowering the happiness already is a penalty, cause you're losing out on extra compatability, and thus an extra twin chance as time goes on. I feel like if there has to be some cost it'd make more sense to use interaction points? The nature changes to me seem weird because...why would a Pokemon's taste in food affect how compatible they are with another Pokemon? Really bad example since well, we're not Pokemon, but my boyfriend loves spicy stuff and I hate it, but it doesn't make us less compatible, I just don't eat anything he's drenched in hot sauce. I would love to know why this got added (I don't mean that sarcastically, I do genuinely want to know what the motivation/logic is. Is this something that there's a cannon games-based reason for? was this to introduce more potential dynamic modifiers? Some other reason?) Plus for any non-nature/non-berry collectors it's going to cause pairs that previously ranked very highly to have lower compatibility for what feels like a reason that is only slightly less arbitrary than straight up rng. Also how do neutral natures work since those don't have any preferences or dislikes? Consider a "Hardy" Pokemon (which is technically the loves spicy and hates spicy according to bulbapedia) and a "Docile" Pokemon (the overlap of loving and hating sour food). The way the section is written implies that since the Hardy 'mon and the Docile 'mon both have no preference and no dislike, they do in fact share a preference and a dislike. In other words, they share the fact that they have no favorite food, and they share the fact that they have no hated food. This in turn would give them +14 SC, even though they don't have the same nature. Or is it that the compatibility uses the "hidden" preferences for neutral natures - so they wouldn't get any bonus since under the hood the Hardy Pokemon has a preference and a hatred for spicy food, and the while the Docile Pokemon has a preference and a hatred for sour food. If that's the case, then that would be unfairly biased against breeding a pair of neutral-natured parents since you're either going to get the full bonus (from having identical natures) or no bonus (for having different natures), whereas pairs that have a preference you'd at least get the +8 SC bonus for sharing a preference even if the dislikes are different. V-Wave I worry how this will affect breeding during type races. The matching v-wave already gets the free exp bonus, now that team also gets a +10 VWC dynamic modifier for their pair. Also the amount of harm it could do to types varies. Consider the grass type, which has 5 weaknesses. That's about a 29.4% chance per day that the V-Wave is going to be at least super effective against the pair. Now compare that to the normal type, which only has one weakness. You have about a 5.8% chance of getting that -4 VWC. It just seems biased towards certain types. If you get an unlucky string during the type race you're going to have less breeding chances over something that's beyond your control, purely because you are on team "A" versus team "B". And while it is possible in some ways to adjust to the v-wave, a lot of people do hunts for type race. This is just going to hurt them more for choosing to play the game in a way they enjoy. [EDIT TO ADD] Regarding the v-wave and gigaremo, I just saw niets posts about it (having those linked in the main post might be helpful) so I'm a little less unhappy about those. I still do think that using IP for the gigaremo would be a better option than gems, and I still am concerned about the potential affects on breeding during type race this'll have, but they have been lessened somewhat.
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: b.png r.png Current Hunt: b.png k.png with a 3740 chain Type Race: dragon.png 4024

Pages: 123··· 1011121314··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page