PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 484950

SuperJedi224's AvatarSuperJedi224
ultra.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by sojubean

Ignoring the points brought up by others already where I agree, can you tell us what will happen to already existing pairs? All of that work and time I spent (MONTHS!!) putting pairs together now means virtually nothing if they get thrown out the window lol….
Yes, it is true that any work done prior to this update will no longer be relevant under the new system, but it's not hopeless: If your current pair reached 99% base compatibility, it'll still be at least 66% compatible, possibly more if Natures align (but if they don't then it'll be much easier to find new partners). Combine this with the activation of the Rank Reward item, plus the buff to Happiness modifiers, and you're already right back up to 109%, which is more than 99% and therefore better :D
wrong comparison, 109 is worse than 118 (or in my case 116) which is what you should actually be comparing to (plus, not everyone has attained whatever rank tbat item is at)
Badgerpaw's AvatarBadgerpaw
ultra.png

QUOTE originally posted by SuperJedi224

Ignoring the points brought up by others already where I agree, can you tell us what will happen to already existing pairs? All of that work and time I spent (MONTHS!!) putting pairs together now means virtually nothing if they get thrown out the window lol….
Yes, it is true that any work done prior to this update will no longer be relevant under the new system, but it's not hopeless: If your current pair reached 99% base compatibility, it'll still be at least 66% compatible, possibly more if Natures align (but if they don't then it'll be much easier to find new partners). Combine this with the activation of the Rank Reward item, plus the buff to Happiness modifiers, and you're already right back up to 109%, which is more than 99% and therefore better :D
wrong comparison, 109 is worse than 118 which is what you should actually be comparing to (plus, not everyone has attained whatever rank tbat item is at)
No, that is the correct comparison. The 99% is the max possible before this update. Whether 109 or 118 is better doesn't matter, the point is you're still buffed regardless.
Avatar by Rick Griffin https://twitter.com/rgriffincomics
Mimthyss's AvatarMimthyss
grandmaster.pngd+.png

snip
wrong comparison, 109 is worse than 118 (or in my case 116) which is what you should actually be comparing to (plus, not everyone has attained whatever rank tbat item is at)
Except currently, 100+ doesnt mean anything because you don't get any benefit from the amount over 100%. So in effect even though it says 116% or whatnot it still only actually results in 99%. So 109% aka an extra 10% for an additional egg each time is, in fact, better
☆ ~ Self Hatched Melans ~☆
Click on the lil' icons to be taken to their respective pages! Some are what I plan to evolve them into rather than what they currently actually are tho, lol. Also it's in chronological order because yes
j.pngv.pngo.png2.png5.pngg.pngx.png 8.pngs.pngl.png2.png1.pngg.png ~☆~♡~
Team Devastating Drake, Type Race Winners of April, 2024! I achieved 11,140 points!
~♡~☆~ Avatar drawn by me; character is my own! TR Trophy drawn by the amazing Cherushii78 :D
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Mimthyss

snip
Except currently, 100+ doesnt mean anything because you don't get any benefit from the amount over 100%. So in effect even though it says 116% or whatnot it still only actually results in 99%. So 109% aka an extra 10% for an additional egg each time is, in fact, better
This. Thank you for elaborating on that, I wasn't clear enough.

(plus, not everyone has attained whatever rank tbat item is at)
Okay, so, just, like... go get that rank if you want the full boosts? It's not difficult XD EDIT: In fact, you already passed that rank ages ago, but you haven't collected the rewards for it yet. Might wanna do that...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Leacky's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLeacky
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Badgerpaw

wrong comparison, 109 is worse than 118 which is what you should actually be comparing to (plus, not everyone has attained whatever rank tbat item is at)
No, that is the correct comparison. The 99% is the max possible before this update. Whether 109 or 118 is better doesn't matter, the point is you're still buffed regardless.
No, it isn't. The additional 19% can serve as a "buffer" when hunting Variants and exclusives with the Red Gigaremo - the more % you have the longer you can click before the happiness is lowered too much and the compatibility drops below 100%
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

No, it isn't. The additional 19% can serve as a "buffer" when hunting Variants and exclusives with the Red Gigaremo - the more % you have the longer you can click before the happiness is lowered too much and the compatibility drops below 100%
Switching the Happiness modifier from "log-10" to "fourth-root" means that it doesn't drop off as sharply as it currently does, so it's still better under the new system even under your proposed conditions.
Lucifer's AvatarLucifer
grandmaster.pnge+.png
Yeah, I’m echoing my sentiments from when this was originally announced. You’re removing the rng element from pair making and instead applying it to day-to-day consistency of egg rates. Saying to just change what you’re breeding to match vwave is… I dunno, purposefully obtuse? People hunting something for more than one day will just randomly be punished by rng. Even if it’s mostly a buff across the board, random nerfs just… don’t scream fun and enjoyable game mechanic. Also, still not a fan of impairing pokemon from the same line just because they’re different evo stages. They’re still the same species. Purely a logical thing for me. I won’t pretend it’s game breaking or unplayable. It just feels bad. Otherwise; I love the QoL & variant changes!! And actually referencing that an egg is a twin (and not JUST getting a bonus egg without a record of it) is really cool.
  • About Me
  • Legendary Hunts
  • Credits
Kat/Rook ♥ Xe/they
summon_dce.pngh.pngDiancie Hunth.pngsummon_dce.png
summon_tle.pngt.pngTapu Lele Huntt.pngsummon_tle.png
Ficto-Omnisexual pride flag combination banner by me Type Race Banner, Gen IV mimic Fairy Type, & Coding by me Avatar by Rakeish
v-psychic.png9.png09.pngv-psychic.png
Apologies if this has been answered before: I don't understand bringing the v wave into breeding chance. It just... Doesn't make sense in-universe or in comparison to OG Pokemon. It feels like a barrier for the sake of having a barrier 🙁

QUOTE originally posted by GothGirlBethany

Apologies if this has been answered before: I don't understand bringing the v wave into breeding chance. It just... Doesn't make sense in-universe or in comparison to OG Pokemon. It feels like a barrier for the sake of having a barrier 🙁
Please explain further how it "doesn't make sense in-universe". I feel like I should know that, but...
WytchyLynx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngWytchyLynx
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
I like that I will no longer have to wait to ask someone for a pair check because it's 2am and all my friends are asleep XD I also like the percents over 100 giving a chance to get another egg, and I love the possibility of twins! Oh and the ditto buff, finally my little blobby dude will be more useful. Some of the breeding compatibility factors feel like it's over complicating things, but I guess I can understand why those things are factors. As an IV breeder I feel like this may make things harder for me though when it comes to cross breeding species within egg groups that have different body types. I also really don't want to have to bother with natures when I'm already limited by the IV numbers. I'm hoping that with so many factors now though, that I'll be able to get lucky with a few factors hitting right so I get at least a somewhat decent pairing when breeding up IVs. I'm really not good with all this math so I'll just have to wait and see how it all works in practice after the update. I don't like the v-wave part at all for many of the reasons others have already stated. I didn't like the adding gem cost to the red gigaremo when I first read through but now that I see happiness won't go down so quickly I'm more okay with this change. I've been excitedly looking forward to this update more than any other. I will say I'm just a bit less excited now, but I'm still optimistic it will all be a good change overall. ETA: Also really love the daycare change that lets you fill your party with eggs and let's you release eggs by type instead of all or nothing!
Lynx • They/She • 35 • IV Breeder • DiscordJournal

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page