PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 7891011··· 484950

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Crysania

The only nitpick I have for this update is the V-Wave factor. It sounds super stressful to use my DP to get a certain (or all) Delta types just so I can breed the same amount day by day. And not only that but finding someone who might for instance have a Delta Fairy Female Snivy with the Nature of Timid. And that would mean I would have to have an upwards of 18 pairs....per species if I wanted max outcomes. Which means a ton of Credits to buy fields to make room for all these. I just don't know :/
Yes, minmaxing your breeding to the extreme would indeed benefit from having a full rainbow set of breeding pairs so that you can farm that "matching V~Wave" bonus every single day. But I do kinda genuinely wonder... among hunters who would even consider such a maximisation to be reasonable, do they actually adopt every single egg they breed? Or do many of them go to the Shelter, where they can be picked up by anyone, not just them, and even then do they adopt every single egg of theirs that they breed? Or is such an aggressive optimisation surplus to requirements, and it again really isn't a big deal that you might miss out on a couple of eggs on a particular day?
Permanent RNG penalties in the current system being removed, are totally different from ephemeral, temporary and daily changing RNG variation. They are incomparable.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
grandmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Crysania

The only nitpick I have for this update is the V-Wave factor. It sounds super stressful to use my DP to get a certain (or all) Delta types just so I can breed the same amount day by day. And not only that but finding someone who might for instance have a Delta Fairy Female Snivy with the Nature of Timid. And that would mean I would have to have an upwards of 18 pairs....per species if I wanted max outcomes. Which means a ton of Credits to buy fields to make room for all these. I just don't know :/
Yes, minmaxing your breeding to the extreme would indeed benefit from having a full rainbow set of breeding pairs so that you can farm that "matching V~Wave" bonus every single day. But I do kinda genuinely wonder... among hunters who would even consider such a maximisation to be reasonable, do they actually adopt every single egg they breed? Or do many of them go to the Shelter, where they can be picked up by anyone, not just them, and even then do they adopt every single egg of theirs that they breed? Or is such an aggressive optimisation surplus to requirements, and it again really isn't a big deal that you might miss out on a couple of eggs on a particular day?
Permanent RNG penalties in the current system being removed, are totally different from ephemeral, temporary and daily changing RNG variation. They are incomparable.
I mean, to the Hunter's who consider maximization to be reasonable are probably hunting exclusive/variants where they probably do try and hatch all of their specific eggs. Same to those who nature hunt and are breeding specifically thus.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
SilverFeyX's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSilverFeyX
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
Really excited for this update! As an IV breeder, it's going to be so much easier to only need an IV parent from one other person, although I suppose that breeding across species to transfer IVs will need more consideration now! I was initially hesitant about the V-wave but after seeing the V-wave math in an earlier post I'm feeling better about it - it just means I'll need to consider the natures I breed with more. I rarely use the giga (I've had it on for almost a week straight to get 6iv kawotor, but that's an anomaly), so while I initially didn't like the idea, it probably won't affect me much and I can understand the reasons behind implementing. I think my excitement outweighs the doubts atm - really looking forward to it!
Send me any unwanted sweet hearts, easter eggs and normal gems! Please Type race score: 0 Collecting: (and maybe GS Balls + gracidea seeds!)
summon_mew.png61/???
summon_jir.png68/???
summon_tko.png136/???
Profile pic thing made by me

QUOTE originally posted by LadyElemental

I mean, to the Hunter's who consider maximization to be reasonable are probably hunting exclusive/variants where they probably do try and hatch all of their specific eggs. Same to those who nature hunt and are breeding specifically thus.
Yup. Fair. Valid point. But in those cases, other factors weigh far more and so the variation due to V~Wave would really only be like 1, maybe 2 eggs, assuming you do nothing to adjust to it.
sojubean's Avatarsojubean
grandmaster.pngb.png
Ignoring the points brought up by others already where I agree, can you tell us what will happen to already existing pairs? All of that work and time I spent (MONTHS!!) putting pairs together now means virtually nothing if they get thrown out the window lol….
Pokemon Art Shop | Fusion Adopt Shop | Pkmn/Items shop Active Trade Forums | Nature Collector Directory | My Journal 🍑 Naive/Timid/Impish Collector 🍑 🐝 Bee Lover 🐝 ice.pngfairy.pnggrass.pngdark.pngghost.pngdragon.png
Flawless Dark Gem

Flawless Dark Gem

Gem

(item.png: 0)

A beautiful Dark Gem that shines radiantly.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +18,086,376
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Nightmare Shroud

Nightmare Shroud

Summon Item

A shroud that is weaved from the darkest of nightmares. It appears to absorb light into it. With it, it's possible to summon the Legendary Pokémon Darkrai.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +9,571,398
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +8,262,615
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +8,431,113
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
Achillo's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAchillo
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

Maybe an example will help: A fully compatible pair will cap out at 80% compatibility, right? This is shown in the update post itself with full numbers. You have the Rank Reward item providing a +20% modifier. You also have the ability to push Happiness way up to a +38% modifier. That already puts you at 132.5% The worst-case V~Wave penalty rolls around, saddling you with its -16% modifier. Result: 111.3% Still higher than 100%. You just get fewer Twins. [snip] I'm trying to explain and demonstrate to you with numbers that your actual worst-case scenario is still at least 2x more Eggs than you're currently getting. (And since Lunupine is single-type, you can't even get the -16% penalty, only -8% at worst. That's like nothing!)
I completely missed this! This actually clears up a lot of my concerns about that. I second adding it to the front post. Thank you for clearing it up for us! I'm a bit more optimistic about it with this info :D

Achi | She/they | 18+

Just a rat demon that enjoys Pokemon.
Shop JournalLinkcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon by me. Signature Pagedoll @Name on Platform
Type Race Score; ghost.png 0

QUOTE originally posted by sojubean

Ignoring the points brought up by others already where I agree, can you tell us what will happen to already existing pairs? All of that work and time I spent (MONTHS!!) putting pairs together now means virtually nothing if they get thrown out the window lol….
Yes, it is true that any work done prior to this update will no longer be relevant under the new system, but it's not hopeless: If your current pair reached 99% base compatibility, it'll still be at least 66% compatible, possibly more if Natures align (but if they don't then it'll be much easier to find new partners). Combine this with the activation of the Rank Reward item, plus the buff to Happiness modifiers, and you're already right back up to 109%, which is more than 99% and therefore better :D

QUOTE originally posted by silentspecters

I know deinglitch was mentioned specifically earlier, but will all other variants that don't have a special breeding method obtain one, so that every variant can benefit from the 25% odds? I'd hate to see exclusives have all the fun! I'm also curious if there's plans to add information regarding e/v breeding chances to the tooltip mentioned. I think the daycare could benefit from mentioning that max compatibility e/v pokemon won't necessarily produce an e/v egg upon every "successful" breeding chance (especially since a 100%+ compatibility in the daycare for normal 'mons means they do produce an egg every time and e/vs don't, which can be confusing for a player who might not know how e/vs differ)
oh! another question following these two that I forgot to add: - It was mentioned in the original suggestion for daycare changes that it was being considered improving the ratio of variants (ex. if the current system produces 10 shinx/buizels : 1 shinxel, instead we might see 10 shinx/buizels : 3 shinxel) Is the ratio improvement still planned?
Battermesh's Avatarhypermode-12.pngBattermesh
hypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
For everyone saying that the V-Wave can affect / skew the type race severely with the update, heres a jokey proposal: Create a V-Wave Stellar type thats only active during type race and boosts every typing/egg. xD It would incentivise people to play a lot more and help their team imo. This is mostly a joke idea but wanted to put it here anyway, lol
Badgerpaw's AvatarBadgerpaw
ultra.png

Imagine the rarity value of a pair of Twin Shinies, and beyond!
Can you go into more detail about how Twins work? Would they be essentially the same exact egg twice, would they be two different eggs entirely, or would the two eggs share only some bits (like they both have the same nature, or both sharing a base Shiny/Albino chance {meaning they both will be, or neither will}) Could this even mean that twins could be two seperate species? Also, you state that Twin eggs would show that they are twins on the summary page. Would their also be something on the Daycare Egg pickup that shows if some of your eggs are twins? That way if people want to prioritize picking up twins they can?
Avatar by Rick Griffin https://twitter.com/rgriffincomics

Pages: 123··· 7891011··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page