PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 678910··· 484950

SuperJedi224's AvatarSuperJedi224
ultra.pnge+.png
Ditto and especially variant buffs are nice. More hesitant regarding the other compatability calculation changes, especially as regards mixed-species pairs within the same evolutionary line (if nothing else type effectiveness penalties shouldn't apply here). Nature probably shouldn't be made that much of a factor either - if it's being factored in at all, it shouldn't account for more than a few points or so. Not sure the V-wave changes are necessary, though I suppose a modest bonus on species that match it could be neat. Really don't use the gigaremo as it is anyway. Fill party option would also be nice to have (assuming it doesn't use DCP unless you specifically ask it to).
SoulWesson's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSoulWesson
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
Some of the changes concern me, but I also am a fan of waiting and seeing how they'll affect me before *really* throwing judgment around. I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of the gems for Red Gig, or the V-Wave effects, but I'd have to see them at their "worst days" before I know whether my dissatisfaction is reasonable or not, y'know? However, I do have some things I'd like to voice and bring attention to. Starting off, the new rates for E/Vs *are* nice, they *are* better, it's true. I'm excited to not break my hands *as* badly and getting 30 Cleffa eggs and 1 Shooting Star Cleffa for every... I don't know the math, amount of clicks. But I have a question about the Why of the breeding rates. Exclusives are, as far as I'm aware, canon to the Region the site is built on. We have full rates for canon Pokemon, but I feel like the boost for "canon to PFQ" pokemon (excluding the variants for this) should be more... I don't know how to phrase it. Less "punishing" for hunting pokemon "from this region"? Don't get me wrong, the current planned increase *is* nice, but perhaps I was being a bit wishful and thinking they'd get a buff to almost make them as easy as a standard hunt for Canon pokemon. Not exactly a 1-to-1, but certainly less painful. On the subject of Variants, again the current improvements are really nice! But I'm afraid I haven't understood the reason for 10 Normal to 1 Variant breeding rates for non-canon variants when (and please do correct me if I'm wrong) breeding two Galaraian Zigzagoon will always give Galarian Zigzagoon eggs. I think I understand that these aren't meant to be particularly *easy* to get but not the exact reasoning? I feel a swap in the breeding rates might have been a.. I don't want to say *better*, but perhaps a different approach? So instead of the 10 Cleffa and 1 SS Cleffa egg, I'd have more 10 SS Cleffa and 1 normal Cleffa egg. I recall around the time that Inferno Torchic was released there seemed to have been an issue with the breeding where it was, indeed, getting more of the Variant than the original, even out of a I. Torchic/I. Torchip pair but I think it'd been fixed. Admittedly, I find that less punishing. Is that something you'd be willling to consider, in regards to variants made out of second-gen (and further) pairs? Or in general, for non-canon variants?
Score: 0
Badge by LycanKai
Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

The V~wave bit just seems... unnecessary to me. I think people have a very good point about the fact that a good portion of people do hunts, and therefore can't simply mix up their pairs to match the V~ wave. I think ultimately it depends on how easy it is to get to 100+% with the changes whether or not this is a massive nerf on days it doesn't match up. It would be a huge shame to be shoved down under 100% or even lower due to something out of your control.
Maybe an example will help: A fully compatible pair will cap out at 80% compatibility, right? This is shown in the update post itself with full numbers. You have the Rank Reward item providing a +20% modifier. You also have the ability to push Happiness way up to a +38% modifier. That already puts you at 132.5% The worst-case V~Wave penalty rolls around, saddling you with its -16% modifier. Result: 111.3% Still higher than 100%. You just get fewer Twins.
Thank you for that, it's genuinely very appreciated! Personally it was a bit blurry to me overall just trying to take the given info into account. That definitely sounds much better to me!
grass.png Current Type Race score = 0 grass.png
Saving for hypermode!
323/600
All art by me.
Xygallix's Avatarhypermode-12.pngXygallix
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Xygallix

I have a question that I haven't seen asked (sorry if I missed it). With the nature affecting compatibility, what happens with the "any berry" pref pokemon, like quirky/bashful/docile e.t.c? I understand two lax pokemon would get a boost due to having the same like and dislike, but two quirky pokemon would have the exact same nature without any actual like/dislike. What happens there? I'm concerned my dual quirky pairs may be less effective than other same-natured pairs, but otherwise this update looks awesome. Overall, we will see an increase in eggs even if we ignore the v-wave so... Huge win as far as I can see :D
... Good question. I actually forgot about them... Oops! I'll have to see how exactly the code will work out, but I'm kinda thinking... they'll count as an "exact match" for compatibility purposes. Maybe? Or maybe it can be +8 for "shared neutral interest" and the full +14 for "exactly same nature". It'll be one of those two options, I reckon.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the quick response and starting to think about it :) I'm really pleased my dual quirky pairs probably won't be less compatible than other dual natured pairs.
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
grandmaster.pngb.png
I think the VWS should when activated block the VW completed (nerf & buff) for the day so you can't activate it for 1 pair that is nerf & later put in a pair that gets buff
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 07:11 AM
Score: 0
TR code credit
Shirarisun's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShirarisun
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by LotadStar

An up to -16% on compatibility depending on the V-wave seems very harsh, I feel like having no negative V-wave bonus and a smaller positive V-wave bonus would be better. Having such a signifigant hinderance for something that is outside of the players control does not seem fair.
Right, but let's say I do this. Let's say for example that "if it matches the V~Wave, it gets +10%, otherwise nothing happens." How is that different from saying "if it doesn't match the V~Wave, it gets a -10% penalty"? It isn't. It's the same thing. Also you do have control. Deltas are one way, but switching breeding partners can also alleviate the issue. Or just ignore it, that's also fine, you'll just have to make an extra 6-8 clicks or so on average in the worst case. Meanwhile in the best case you make 10-12 clicks fewer on average. Again, not really that big a deal!
for me probably the biggest problem is that it causes the rates to be unbalanced between players who's pairs are otherwise the exact same compatibility. for example, let's say i'm hunting scyther, and my pair of 2 scythers is at 100%. my friend is hunting onix, and their pair of 2 onix is also 100%. it's a rock v-wave day, which means my friend's pair is now boosted to 120%, but mine is now at 84%, because scyther is doubly weak to rock. all of our modifiers are otherwise exactly the same, but because i got a bad roll on the v-wave and my friend got a good one, i can't get as many eggs as they can because oh well! better luck next time :) and like, that's the point of this whole thing, but when i lay it out like this, to me at least, it sounds super unfair (as doubly so for someone who is into type race.) and for the two alleviations you gave to the method: 1. delta'ing a pokémon can be expensive, especially on higher exp eggs. if you don't already have a delta of the type you need you'd need to hatch a new one, and in order to swap it into a no level gap pair, you'd have to level it up to the same level as the other pokémon in the pair, which takes time, and there's also the fact the type of delta you hatch is also rng. not only that, but if i want to help my odds by getting a different ot pokémon, i'll have to make sure that delta has a good type match as well, which would probably increase the asking price for the pokémon i need to get (also assuming someone has a delta of the pokémon i need in the type i'd need for offer.) 2. you... kind of can't just swap to a different typed pokémon (not a delta of the same species, a different species entirely) in a pair when you're in a chain?? i mean you technically could, but that would also nerf your breeding pair as you would be adding a pokémon that isn't the same species as the one you're hunting and that would also cause a nerf. it's disruptive either way. in my opinion, i think v-wave should not affect breeding rates at all. it just adds uncontrollable variance onto something that it seems you want to remove the random aspect of. i apologize if any of my responses come off as harsh, i do not mean to! i'm just very confused and not seeing the benefit of this.
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time my journal
summon_ogr.png Collecting Teal Masks for future Ogerpon hunt! (4 so far)
summon_dce.png Collecting Diamond Tiaras for future Diancie hunt! (20 so far)

pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
Tryxlinn's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTryxlinn
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
The only nitpick I have for this update is the V-Wave factor. It sounds super stressful to use my DP to get a certain (or all) Delta types just so I can breed the same amount day by day. And not only that but finding someone who might for instance have a Delta Fairy Female Snivy with the Nature of Timid. And that would mean I would have to have an upwards of 18 pairs....per species if I wanted max outcomes. Which means a ton of Credits to buy fields to make room for all these. I just don't know :/
Mimthyss's AvatarMimthyss
grandmaster.pngd+.png

A fully compatible pair will cap out at 80% compatibility, right? You have the Rank Reward item providing a +20% modifier. You also have the ability to push Happiness way up to a +38% modifier. That already puts you at 132.5% The worst-case V~Wave penalty rolls around, saddling you with its -16% modifier. Result: 111.3% Still higher than 100%. You just get fewer Twins.
Could this example maybe be added somewhere (where its easily spotted, perhaps right by the v-wave stuff) on the first post? I feel like thats a really helpful perspective of what the changes can 'total' to even with the v wave debuff and might make it less 'scary'-sounding for people :)
☆ ~ Self Hatched Melans ~☆
Click on the lil' icons to be taken to their respective pages! Some are what I plan to evolve them into rather than what they currently actually are tho, lol. Also it's in chronological order because yes
j.pngv.pngo.png2.png5.pngg.pngx.png 8.pngs.pngl.png2.png1.pngg.png ~☆~♡~
Team Devastating Drake, Type Race Winners of April, 2024! I achieved 11,140 points!
~♡~☆~ Avatar drawn by me; character is my own! TR Trophy drawn by the amazing Cherushii78 :D
DragonDance's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDragonDance
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I have to say I’m excited about most of these changes ( wishforge is already tedious between the gems and relics) with that being said I do have a question I haven’t seen. Now that Meltan is breedable will XD001 be too?
summon_zer.png × 47 / 500
I agree with SlitherCain. It feels a little... strange? to get rid of the rng w/ breeding but then add in another mechanic that will buff or penalize breeding based off random chance. I understand the concept that it will aid to those who want to min/max full compatibility odds, but as some others have pointed out - it's not feasible to change a breeding pair every day, especially when hunts are in it for the long run. That being said, I'm more neutral to the concept since I believe w/ all other buffs active for any single pair, the highest negative debuff for v-wave won't take it below 100% compatibility so I doubt we will see much of a change at all, at the end of the day. And honestly, having an occasional buff (especially when breeding harder to breed pokemon) could easily make it worth it. I think adding a V-Wave shield as others have suggested would add a favorable nuance to the addition, especially as that then leaves the power to the player, but I think I'm fine w/ it either way I'm eager to see how much easier it will be to breed e/v pokemon with the new changes, hopefully no more 5k+ clicks just for one egg :') /lh /nm I know deinglitch was mentioned specifically earlier, but will all other variants that don't have a special breeding method obtain one, so that every variant can benefit from the 25% odds? I'd hate to see exclusives have all the fun! I'm also curious if there's plans to add information regarding e/v breeding chances to the tooltip mentioned. I think the daycare could benefit from mentioning that max compatibility e/v pokemon won't necessarily produce an e/v egg upon every "successful" breeding chance (especially since a 100%+ compatibility in the daycare for normal 'mons means they do produce an egg every time and e/vs don't, which can be confusing for a player who might not know how e/vs differ) Otherwise, very curious about these new changes! I'm eager to see how much easier they'll make hunts in general!

Pages: 123··· 678910··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page