PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 484950

Neonyan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNeonyan
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by abingy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It really isn't that expensive, guys!
I agree that it isn't that expensive, so it seems unlikely to have a large effect on the price of gems, but you stated that the reason for this change was to give gems more uses and therefore value, so it just seems like an unecessary addition cause gems is the one thing that will likely never need a boost to its value
I can understand why you and others may feel this way, but here's how I see it: While the Wishforge Gem targets are large, they are ultimately finite. Eventually you have no more need for Gems. Indeed this is already true for some players, and that "some" is only going to increase as time continues to pass. This adds a small, but infinite, use for Gems that will always be beneficial for players seeking to max out their odds of everything.
I’m very late but I just wanted to chime in that, as far as i know, literally no one on site has ever maxed out the wishforge. meaning that everyone on site still has a use for the gems, unless they don’t care about the cosmetic upgrades. meaning that as the game goes on, even if we get a huge influx of new players and double our player base, gems prices will stay pretty stable due to the sheer quantity required for wishalloy alone, alongside those who DO want to try and max out the cosmetic wishalloy badges. i don’t think gem value is a concern tbh
I think people are bending over backwards in this thread to try and justify what exactly they dislike about the red gig and the v wave changes, but it’s not really needed. it can be summed up pretty easily: it feels bad. that doesn’t mean that the idea is bad, or that it’s going to significantly ruin gameplay. it generally just effects morale and urge to play the game. even if realistically it doesn’t change that much, if i log in hyped to play one day and happen across a punishing v wave, it’s gonna make me not wanna play as much.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
deaneyy's Avatardeaneyy
ultra.png
i think the major part of this that some people are missing is that by adding the v-wave changes and removing the uncontrollable 10% compatibility randomness, this gives the effect of randomness while 1) giving the player an opportunity to plan around and account for the v-wave changes while breeding and 2) giving more explanation and control to the players on a mechanic that was previously an unexplained random chance. i think that at first read, it sounds bad, unless you take into account the massive buffs given through twin egg chances and nearly every other aspect being a constant. also breeding is confusing in general lol, when i started playing seriously not too long ago i had no idea what was happening. there are still things about it i'm probably missing. i wouldn't be worried about "newbies arent gonna understand!!" theyre not going to understand anyways lol, its a complex system that is now becoming so much easier due to these changes.
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
arceus.pnga.png
I know this isn't directly about the conversation at hand but I want to understand better. Can someone who understands all the buffs/debuffs explain what the best case/worst case for this pair of oricorio I own is? Male Oricorio Female Oricorio For basics, they are at a 95% and the male is Balie Style (fire/flying) with a like for spicy and dislike for bitter. The female is Sensu Style (ghost/flying) with a like for bitter and dislike for spicy. I'm just curious if we play with the numbers how a pair like this would work?
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
snapes's Avatarhypermode-12.pngsnapes
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge.png
With compatibility being recalculated every meeting, how is that going to alter breeding pairs that are already set? Will my 99% pairs no longer be 99%?
[ icon is from black butler manga ]
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(item.png: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +2,592,352
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness MAX
Quiet nature
type race score ;; 0
Rainquail's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRainquail
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png
More uses for Flawless gems is a HECK YES from me!!! There has been no value in having SO MNAY of them for so long (unless you're selling Silvally Memories), but with now Badge Upgrade progress and this breeding thing I personally don't use, I can see their value increasing finally. At least now players won't just keep getting more Flawless gems that serve you no purpose, especially if some of the older players have maxed out their badges.
moomooaulait's Avatarhypermode-12.pngmoomooaulait
hypermode.pngmaster.png
As someone who's looking into getting into breeding after this type race: Love the new changes generally speaking! I was dreading the idea of rng chances that I didn't understand! And the math on the V~Waves totally check out, I agree though that it'd be great to have that example added to the original update post. Though, I also loved seeing the full breakdown of how current breeding works! My biggest (it is not that big at all) problem is with Natures, and it's not functional as much as it is "cosmetic" so to speak. I like the idea of my pokemon having their own lil burst of personality, and making a bunch of same-nature'd pairs sounds both boring story-wise, and like a hassle and a half. But it's a relatively mild nitpick in a sea of great ideas, and I'm happy to deal with it if it means we get everything else! Very excited to take a step into breeding with these new changes, and might just wait until they go live to really sink my teeth into it!
I just want to chime in again real quick (and this may not even technically be the place for this but people are bringing up shops), with the V~Wave affecting BPs, I wonder how the Delta pokemon shops are going to be effected. Like I bet those who really do care about maximizing their pairs, they will probably also start scouring delta shops to make pairs. Or even BP shops selling delta pairs now as well. I think the VW is actually going to boost BP shops more than one thinks with the redone capability % + the new VW stuff. I think that's going to be an interesting market now.
PFP of V from BTS edited by my best friend
2nd Place Team Flying March 2024! Made by Juku!
Created by bit0feverything! 2nd Place Team Fairy June 2024
Score: 2372
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Deadlock21's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDeadlock21
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
I habe not read all replies but i wanna give my 3 cents to the vwave thing We talk about -18% If I understood correctly, new max will be 160% And wven now i have a 120% pair. Neither would drop below 100%. It would just affect twin eggs. We also get eggs faster due to less clicks needed and get 50 eggs to adopt instead of 30. Im not a hardcore player as i work too much and cant play at work, but I would consider myself a veteran at this point. I usually hatch bezween 50-80 eggs a day so i most likely would not even notice. I do agree that it COULD potentially give tr teams an advantage maybe, on the other hand in 1 year of playing, my tr team was once in the top 3 and i dont really care for the competition either 🤷‍♂️
He/him 30 German Second/Third Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Sagidamas's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSagidamas
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
Whew, that was a bit of info even compared to the previous updates... As always, thank you for all the hard work, a lot of the changes sound amazing especially for Exclusive hunting! There's already an inherent cost of DCPs to hunting those effectively, so having more eggs to work with (and a few more free adoptions to match) definitely sounds fair. I do have a few small doubts though, and apologies if I say any things that have been addressed before, I tried to read the whole thread but 10 pages is a lot for me haha (and 4 more pages appeared while I was writing this OTL). 7.pngTl;dr/Summary Overall I think those are great changes esp. for E/V hunts but one thing I dislike is the idea of different members of the same family having lower compatibility. I feel like it feeds into one subjective vision of "flavor" where you always make your pair from two of the same Pokemon, to the detriment of the "flavor" of making pairs made up of two different species within the same family. z.pngn.pngBranching evolutions I have to say I strongly dislike the idea of penalizing pairs for being different members of the same family, and especially different branching evolutions. I don't see the benefit in terms of balance or gameplay, you already went through the effort of getting the correct Pokemon, so why should the comparably trivial act of evolving one of them suddenly make your pair worse? All it will do is make pairs that little bit more uniform across the site. Besides, it strongly feels to me like Gardevoir and Gallade, or Espeon and Umbreon, should be "perfect" pairs. From gameplay perspective it might be a negligible penalty in the grand scheme of things, but it still feels very wrong to me in terms of immersion. I just feel like it unnecessarily penalizes people who go out of the way to give their pairs that little bit of extra personality. z.png9.pngA very specific case study: Monogender Exclusives Kinda tying into the above, one very specific scenario that I'm a bit concerned about is the Caprikid line (because I'm planning to hunt it for the future). As I recently learned, there's currently a quirk in the system where all exclusive Pokemon are the same evolutionary family. That means any of the Caprikid evolutions are optimal partners with any of the Valkind, Babaisy, or Valimp evolutions. It feels a bit wrong and perhaps exploit-like, but I feel like it's a small yet welcome advantage to the already daunting task of hunting an Exclusive with an effective 50% breeding penalty, and allows me to make a "perfect" pair with Sagidamas and Frayja (some of my favorite exclusives on the site). After the changes, and assuming the "quirk" is preserved, I now have to worry about having the same type, body style, and a similar size between the partners, as sharing an evolution line no longer ignores those factors. After a quick look over all the exclusive lines, the only "perfect" pair seems to be Taurminos with a female Valenoir, a 1/8 rare gender. Now this is not terribly annoying since I'm also gonna be able to hunt for the rare gender Valenoir myself, but it's still a much more specific requirement than before. And I personally find it a bit annoying because Sagidamas is by far my favorite of the Caprikid line, and I really wanted my pair member to be a Sagidamas as well; but alas, it has the Human-like egg group and the "Tentacles" body style, which are traits shared only by... Grapploct? In which case I would lose the family bonus (assuming that's even still gonna be a thing after the update... I feel like the "lore-friendly" solution would probably be to make them "counterparts" like Miltank/Tauros). And yes, you could argue this is still a buff compared to how things are currently thanks to the new 25% breeding rate, but I'd argue that this is the one scenario where I kinda do need every possible buff due to the effective 50% breeding rate stacking on top of the exclusive penalty. gigaremo_red.pngNerfs??? Gigaremo and V~Wave changes... I feel like the original post makes them sound a bit scarier than they actually are, especially with all the detailed math info and the plethora of other factors mentioned beside it. So I understand the negative gut reaction a lot of people had to it, and having to potentially use gems that are actually valuable to me like Dark or Fighting certainly doesn't sound fun, but personally I think it's fine as long as we still end up getting more eggs than we do today? (In fact, I'm more concerned that rather than driving up the prices of Gems, it will drive up the prices of Sweets due to the auto-consumption feature. I can only hope my humble stack of Sweets will last throughout my hunt... Perhaps more similar consumables that aren't limited to Valentine's or Easter would be a nice addition, to balance out the inevitable market drain?) One way or another, for me it's a case of "gonna have to play with it for a bit before I can actually have an opinion," there are just too many other changes happening at the same time to really be able to judge these two specific features in a vacuum. You can't really "nerf" something that doesn't exist yet, and the new daycare sounds so fundamentally different in many ways that it's basically a completely new ecosystem. 0.pngRandom ramblings Needing only one different trainer partner to make a perfect pair is certainly a huge buff and great quality of life, but I've got to say I'm gonna miss the whole "pair check" thing a bit. It was a cool little opportunity for cooperation that allowed you to abuse a somewhat obscure mechanic. But from both gameplay and programming perspective, I can see why it's better for it to disappear. :D
winterbraid | they/them | usually most active around daily reset one button fields and other CSS (last updated: 11 May 2024) typerace: dark | score: 12625 | next: dragon avatar by fubukit (Cubbychoo)
Arretrea's Avatarhypermode-12.pngArretrea
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I've been looking forward to this update, so I tried reading all of this, but will admit that having had a headache all day and kinda running on fumes brainpower-wise, I didn't exactly grasp everything as well as you'd probably like to. So I'll have to re-read everything later to get the more detailed stuff sticking. I'll also admit that I'm slightly concerned about the V~Wave addition to breeding compability, and I totally get some of the concerns people have about it, but I also think that it won't take very long, at least for me, to adapt to it. Will it be confusing at first? Sure. But if you believe it will be an overall better addition to breeding, I'm willing to give it a try and rather give you feedback on it after seeing it in action. I'm personally just really happy that it'll be overall easier to get pairs to 100%, and I'm genuinely not too concerned about getting the max out of the double-egg thingy, though its a nice bonus addition for the pairs I'll likely end up getting a good % on.
Mudkip emoji, made by me
v-fighting.png Score: 3766

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 484950

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page