PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 2829303132··· 373839

Yes, PFQ is a game where it is hard to get the things you want. But you have thousands of other players around you, many of them can and will help you and you can help them too. Please remember that.
I'd like to point something out with this, but I will first mention that balancing this is hard. If no one is getting extra of something then the economoy is going to suffer as well. If people don't have things to sell then the cost of things is going to rise heavily, and money (credits mostly, gp and zc maybe not as much) will make it much harder to bring new people into the game. I was for rebalancing albinos because I noticed swings in the melans I've seen around the site, and I know how game breaking a flood of something can be (Dragcave is a great example that uses ratios, and there is a site dedicated to the history and what changes had to be made to fix things in the long term) but for an economy to work its got to be flexable. Also I know we only have a few data points, but why did we not see a signifigant uptick in shinys on the day 115648 eggs hatched?
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

So... which is it? Is nobody hatching specials, or are specials so common that they are intrinsically worthless? This illustrates what I'm trying to communicate here. How is it possible that the situation is so dire that nobody is getting specials, yet at the same time they sell for peanuts because they're so incredibly common?
It's hard to hatch NEW specials, but I'm still trying to sell off tons of specials from old hunts where the rates were too high.
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by chikoritalover

Also I know we only have a few data points, but why did we not see a signifigant uptick in shinys on the day 115648 eggs hatched?
Ah... we did. We saw about 50% more eggs hatched, but 100% more shinies hatched. That's a big uptick!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
crescent's Avatarcrescent
grandmaster.pngb.png
i agree. to many of us melans on this site = shinies in normal pokémon games. i really don’t understand why there’s this need for shinies/albinos to be so rare when there are melans in the game. i support making melans harder to get,, they should be! that’s what makes them fun to find. it’s a challenge…whereas shinies and albinos are pretty much just as fun even if they’re easier to get,, they’re like little rewards along the way for putting so much money/time/effort into finding your desired melan. idk. if i’m going to be continuously just hatching regular mons with 1-2 shiny/albino mons every few days i’m going to be sad about it. that’s just the truth. it’s weird, i feel like it’ll make them less special, because we already think of them as more common, so if they get harder to obtain it’ll just feel really disheartening. they’ve been common(ish) for so long they now feel disappointing when i get them rarely. i really just don’t understand this. this new update has made them harder. they used to be common and fun and ‘sell for peanuts’. now they still sell for peanuts but they’re hard to get and it’s just frustrating
MoonlightLeaf's AvatarMoonlightLeaf
master.pnge.png
Are the Albino rates tweaked yet? I assume yes, as I've been charging my Radar at almost max power every day, and haven't gotten an albino except one from Wonder Trade and one from the Shelter. I hope I'm not being rude!
"There's a life out there to enjoy, so enjoy it!" - Leafy, BFDI Something I got from my failure of a Ralts hunt lol- PFP from the 2022 Advent Calendar!
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
grandmaster.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by KiraVolkova

Niet your personal opinion of what makes a special pokemon "special enough" is not for everyone, and that on it's own is okay, however you are running a website that thrives on your community. If you want to cater to your own specific taste we cannot stop you but do not be surprised when a lot of the community does not follow.
I want to request that we avoid generalizing people without directly asking them. Everyone is allowed to their own opinion, which is perfectly valid, but if you haven't polled the userbase yourself, then it's like projecting your own opinion on everyone else. The people replying to this thread are not a good way to gauge that either-- people who are neutral or positive on changes are far less likely to respond with criticism. But yeah, I'll throw in my two cents that this change seems like an optimal way forward again. Melan odds unchanged, more shinies for people without HM and a little buff for the Shiny Charm for anyone who felt that shinies were too hard to obtain. The fact that feedback is already profoundly negative despite the fact that this is what people asked for is a little bewildering.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemist's Fire

So... which is it? Is nobody hatching specials, or are specials so common that they are intrinsically worthless? This illustrates what I'm trying to communicate here. How is it possible that the situation is so dire that nobody is getting specials, yet at the same time they sell for peanuts because they're so incredibly common?
It's hard to hatch NEW specials, but I'm still trying to sell off tons of specials from old hunts where the rates were too high.
That is useful. That is nuance that I have struggled to find. And to me this came about because of years of my motivation being destroyed, so I was unable to bring myself to make the necessary changes back then. Things have been broken for years, and if we want PFQ to go on for longer then they need to be dragged back into acceptable bounds. Which means that right now they do need to be dragged too far to counterbalance things. Gradually supply will dwindle, and at that point it will be much easier to justify raising things again.

QUOTE originally posted by chikoritalover

Also I know we only have a few data points, but why did we not see a signifigant uptick in shinys on the day 115648 eggs hatched?
Ah... we did. We saw about 50% more eggs hatched, but 100% more shinies hatched. That's a big uptick!
It seems small when looking at the raw numbers, with a few days earlier the site hatched 338 even though less eggs were hatched. I know that part of the issue is so few data points, but that doesn't seem like there were much more shinys hatched perportionally
NatsNeko's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNatsNeko
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
The way I play is I'm hatching my own living shiny dex. Kinda hard to do that when I get 1/196 here, 1/205 there, and currently I'm sitting at 259 no shinies/albinos on my hunt at the moment. I don't WANT to trade with other people, I want to do my own thing. And that's really hard to do when I can't hatch anything. I don't want to spend weeks hunting one singluar Pokemon where I have to breed my own eggs because no one else is hunting it, and then I lose those eggs in the shelter to other people anyway. I used to be able to pull a good hunt in less than a week. Now it takes me forever. It's just not fun. I've been playing Pokefarm for ages. And this is the one time that I've really felt like is it even worth it to pay for all these boosts if they're not going to do anything for me? Nerf the melans, obviously they needed it, but I'm not looking to grind - I do enough of that at work. I'm here to relax and hatch specials, and I can't even do that anymore.
Avatar is official HM game art. HM © Natsume
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png

The market for selling specials has been trash for years, this was such a blatant negative side effect from making the rarity of the specials so much higher with practically no prompting out of the blue. You did nothing to ensure the rates AND the values would go up, you basically made people have to sell what is now Difficult To Earn for Dirt Cheap in order to actually sell it at all. It's so easy to see how little these things are worth with quick glances at the Market. In the Month the Ubercharm was a x8 Melan Odds, before you adjusted Shiny / Albino Odds more, Melan Values were dropping as low as 50% of the values beforehand. Shinies and Albinos have almost exclusively sold for Delta Value for years. This feels incredibly obvious, and a lot of people feel this way. This is coming back to if you were an active hunter, you would probably also feel this way. I'm not trying to attack the fact that you don't hunt, but there would honestly be less issues with this if you did see eye to eye with the people instead of being entirely unable to grasp what any of us are saying.

Pages: 123··· 2829303132··· 373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page