PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 2627282930··· 373839

crescent's Avatarcrescent
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Ice Queen

Pokefarm is supposed to be about collecting Pokemon, making friends and creating stories not about collecting rare Melanistic Pokemon Niet fixed the necessary issues with how easy it was for people to get Shinies and Albinos people make mistakes that's what makes you human Niet and the Pokefarm staff have done an amazing job with making the site the way it is we should be grateful for what they've done and not bash on them just because you don't like a simple change in how the game is ran.
in no way am i bashing the mods/niet on the way the game is. i appreciate all the work they’ve done for the game,, it’s a great game that i’ve been playing for years and i love it. <3 everyone has different goals on the site, whether that’s hatching melans or not, and i don’t think it’s fair to say that just ‘collecting pokes and meeting people’ is the right way to play the game. everyone plays it differently, and that’s part of the beauty of it. as @mohora stated, this thread is all about melans, so i’m not sure where your argument is supposed to be directed ^^; we are allowed to leave opinions/feedback as this is a discussion, only trying to help the staff make the game as good as it can be because we like it. that’s the whole reason why these discussion threads are open, right? (if i’m not mistaken) and that’s really cool! i’m happy we get to share our opinions c:
Miky's AvatarMiky
grandmaster.pngss.png
No one is bashing on anyone, this is constructive criticism. No one said we don't appreciate the work that is being put into the updates, the DP change got very good feedback even. Literally, a staff member commented a couple pages back that they don't like the new special odds. And lemme just quote this from the main page of the site: "PokéFarm Q encourages you to make your own objectives. The initial Tutorial will only take you so far, and beyond that you can pick your path however you like. Complete your Pokédex? Hoard items from exploratory Scour Missions? Relax with a spot of Fishing? Play the Marketboard for a nice profit? The choice is yours!" Who needs friends when you can have pretty dark-colored variants of your favorite pokemon huhuhu Either way, everyone is putting their 2 cents on the table. I'm sure the feedback is welcome. But if there will be other changes made, we shall wait, hope, and see.
yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
collector.pngd.png

I don't see why so many people are complaining about this Niet and the Pokefarm staff are working harder for the enjoyable
(i believe this was directed at me as what i said about the staff was that they dont seem to change it depending on what we say. Now, im not sure if it wasnt actually directed at me, but it sure seemed like it.) so, i wanted to clear some things up: the discussion here is basically all directed towards one thing: we dont like the staff's way of resolving the chances problem. thats all. no disrespect towards Niet or any of the mods (theyre all pretty decent people imo) just critism on the new update. many other people have cleared this up too (see above) so i think its pretty clear thats not what we were attempting to communicate. the new update has brought a lot of lashback and thats what we are discussing
PFP made by riptides (on pokefarm)
nyanine's Avatarhypermode-12.pngnyanine
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
"players feel entitled to shinies" is that not the point of shiny hunting? hatching a lot of eggs and expecting to eventually get lucky? i may have just interpreted the wording wrong but it IS a main feature of the site.. unlike main pokemon games where theres more stuff to do with the pokemon i guess
yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
collector.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by nyanine

"players feel entitled to shinies" is that not the point of shiny hunting? hatching a lot of eggs and expecting to eventually get lucky? i may have just interpreted the wording wrong but it IS a main feature of the site.. unlike main pokemon games where theres more stuff to do with the pokemon i guess
preach because-well- feeling entitled to shinies is, yes, a part of hunting. we wouldnt hunt shinies if we didnt think we'd get them. it is not 'entitlement', it's a feature that is neccessary for specific gameplay.
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
I can't give a pretty graph yet, but I realise that the numbers may be helpful in gauging the impact of the proposed Part 2, so here's the raw data for you to see: date eggs shinies albinos melans bonuses 2022-03-09 77456 323 338 15 0,0,0,0,0,2.6,0,0 2022-03-10 60625 206 139 7 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 2022-03-11 64339 260 136 8 0,6,0,0,0,0,0,0 2022-03-12 60909 223 169 7 0,0,0,3,0,0,0,0 2022-03-13 72852 219 174 9 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 2022-03-14 115648 442 339 24 2.5,0,0,0,18,0,0,0 2022-03-15 73144 260 202 13 0,0,0,0,0,2.5,11,0 Not the best formatting, I realise, but you should be able to copy this and paste it into a Google Sheets document if you want to play around with the data!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

the entire game doesn't revolve around Melanistic Pokemon the fact that there are people who see it that way is wrong, Pokefarm is supposed to be about collecting Pokemon, making friends and creating stories not about collecting rare Melanistic Pokemon
putting aside the fact that pokefarm ultimately encourages you to make your own objectives and that calling any way of playing “wrong” is kind of insulting, melanistic pokemon are such a big draw to the game that it’s on the home page. i think it’s reasonable for people to get upset when one of the most iconic and advertised aspects of the game is modified, and when their feedback is talked over and labeled as “animosity” and “attacks”.
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(item.png: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 97 — 20,719 / 28,519
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugPoison
Happiness MAX
Serious nature
bg/pfp from pkmn masters, pfp edited by me (note)
sojubean's Avatarsojubean
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by nyanine

Gotta kinda agree with this take personally. I know I said i dont care much how it's done to keep the effort vs gain equal overall to make hunting worth it... i think chances for s/a have been slashed SO MUCH that I personally haven't been getting like anything in my current chain which its a little off putting to hunting as a whole. The effort and gain no longer match imho. I've hatched 3 shinies and 1 albino in a 450 chain of rotom. That is dirt compared to before. Not that i expect like 20 each in 400 hatched since ive not reached long chain bonus yet with this hunt but... dang if i barely get anything now. This game is a collector game. Regular pokemon are a means to an end. Shinies and albinos are also a means to an end, with a little sparkles. MELANISTIC pokemon on here are more the equivalent of a shiny pokemon in the base games. THOSE are supposed to be fun and special and rare to get. With the amount of meta boosts we get on site, it stands to reason why we get s/a more frequently than would be expected in the base games (which are to play through story, NOT collection based like this fan site is).
Pokemon Art Shop | Fusion Adopt Shop | Pkmn/Items shop Active Trade Forums | Nature Collector Directory | My Journal 🍑 Naive/Timid/Impish Collector 🍑 🐝 Bee Lover 🐝 ice.pngfairy.pnggrass.pngdark.pngghost.pngdragon.png
Flawless Dark Gem

Flawless Dark Gem

Gem

A beautiful Dark Gem that shines radiantly.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +18,086,376
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Nightmare Shroud

Nightmare Shroud

Summon Item

A shroud that is weaved from the darkest of nightmares. It appears to absorb light into it. With it, it's possible to summon the Legendary Pokémon Darkrai.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +9,563,240
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +8,254,516
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +8,423,205
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
Mikkü's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikkü
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
I really don't know what to say except I give up honestly. I truly feel like I am fighting a losing battle. While I am super glad shiny buffs are happening, I do not understand why you keep bringing up individual experiences being invalid when a VERY LARGE PORTION OF US are having the exact same experience. It is not as though one person is coming in and saying "Here's the rates I'm experincing" A lot of people are experincing the same thing, and a lot of them dislike it. They are just giving examples and stating how they feel. While I appreciate the data, I really do not think the data should be the only factor. I would also like to comment on this - "In fan-games it is not uncommon to see Shinies being obtained quite easily, to the point where - as I said at the start of this ramble - players feel entitled to Shinies. I firmly believe that no, they should remain rare and special as the rare mutation that they are. Because when every Pokémon is special, none of them are." That is literally MELANS on this site. Shinys and Albinos were supposed to be more common than melans. Due to the uber changes this is what you have done to melans, they do not feel special to me nor do they feel rare, where as Shinys & Albinos are now the things I look forward to personally but since I'm hatching so few it just doesn't feel worth my time. (Obviously there are people who do feel differently) Yeah I'm gonna be honest, yeah I do feel entitled to more specials considering I am spending money on this site. I'm not sure how other users feel, it's not my business to speak for every single person but I'm just really exhausted fighting what feels like a losing battle at this point. While I appreciate you giving your little info on you getting a shiny, you're literally saying individual experiences do not matter then saying "Well I think shinys should feel rare so that's how it's gonna be" and basing it on your individual experience, I just do not understand.
------------------- pechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.png -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Words are hard, I'm sure we can all agree. I'm of course not referring to anyone in particular with that statement, but it is true that players have certain expectations. That's fine, you're more than welcome to have them. But especially on a multiplayer game such as this one, it cannot be the case that you can reasonably expect to get everything you want by yourself. If it were to be made the case (ie. by buffing shiny chances too much) then there would be no need to trade. Why trade when you can just do it yourself? That's why suggestions like "automate/remove trading requirements for evolutions that use them" will never even be considered, never mind approved or implemented. Yes, PFQ is a game where it is hard to get the things you want. But you have thousands of other players around you, many of them can and will help you and you can help them too. Please remember that.

Pages: 123··· 2627282930··· 373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page