PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny / Albino rate update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 78910111213

Mareep's AvatarMareep
grandmaster.pngss.png
1.) A nerf can be used to balance things. Overall everyone will get more albinos and HM users will get fewer shinies. 2.) For non-HM users they already are easier. We don't know the base odds, so we can't 100% answer this, but the shiny and albino odds are either about the same now or albinos are still slightly rarer. 3.) No one can see the future, but if there are changes they will be slow and graduate and not instant 4.) Again, who knows? I don't think so 5.) Depends on what people want. For users who mainly shiny hunt, it's bad. For users who mainly albino hunt, it's good. For melan hunters, the overall odds stay the same, but depending on how prices for shinies and albinos change, this can be good or bad.
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Gørdeen's AvatarGørdeen
master.pngc+.png
Thanks for answering ^ ^
Zlhzlh's AvatarZlhzlh
ultra.pnge.png
:/ I always got albinos more than shinies anyway. But still, thanks for caring about us!
Profile art by me
Helly25's AvatarHelly25
ultra.pnge.png
Before the change, my shiny/Albino ratio was roughly 4:1. This update will pretty much even it out I think, that's great!
KulFox's AvatarKulFox
ace.png
i havent managed to save up for pokeradar, but im very much looking forward to it now, and having a goal other than “try to complete eggdex and maybe pokedex” i dont have the energy to math, but before now i didnt feel much hope and thus little drive towards hatching shinies, and albinos or melans were far off dreams - now i feel that it may actually be possible! thank you !! — pls keep in mind i still consider myself a new player here, have only a month’s experience on this site, and have little to no luck with shiny pokemon in “official games”; im not trying to add to discussion/debate for or against the update -
Bella-chan's AvatarBella-chan
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Just realized that hatching Shiny Deltas will be more rare than Albino Deltas
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Art by Naoma.
Gumshoe's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGumshoe
mod.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Bella-chan

Just realized that hatching Shiny Deltas will be more rare than Albino Deltas
Not quite, since with full shiny odds and a fully charged albi radar, the chances are about the same, ~1/50 (taking my personally-believed odds into account w/ the update) the only time shinies would be more rare were if you didn't have full shiny odds or if you used a z-crystal with full shiny odds :v
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Aust's AvatarAust
master.pnga+.png
I do like the new update but I'm a little worried since I just hatched 127 eggs today with no shiny pokemon hatched, this is with HM, Shiny charm and Uber charm (in fact I havent had a shiny [though it was an early Melan :)] since egg 180 and I'm now at egg 354) Thats a gap of 174 eggs with max shiny boosts?? I'm kinda worried that this is the new bad hunt senario? I understand that its not guarenteed but thats a pretty big shiny gap despite both shiny+uber charms :( ((Slowpoke hunt ended up being 354 eggs hatched, 2 shiny, 3 albino, 1 melan)) I'm hoping this is just because the shiny hunting system was just changed and needs some time to average out. (going to start a new hunt for mass click weekend so hopfully I'll start to see some better hunt averages reflecting the update)
AshiMagari's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAshiMagari
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png
I'm 300 eggs in and have gotten 2 shinies. Before this update, 300 eggs would have gotten me maybe 15 shinies. I'm alright with "fewer", but with half the rate I expect half the results. Not this 10% crap. I'm honestly hoping this is a bug or just an unlucky hunt, cuz if this keeps up and every HM user has the same results, I can't imagine why they wouldnt just quit.
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by AshiMagari

I'm 300 eggs in and have gotten 2 shinies. Before this update, 300 eggs would have gotten me maybe 15 shinies. I'm alright with "fewer", but with half the rate I expect half the results. Not this 10% crap. I'm honestly hoping this is a bug or just an unlucky hunt, cuz if this keeps up and every HM user has the same results, I can't imagine why they wouldnt just quit.
An update happens, your luck changes, and you blame the update? Yeah this is why we don't release the exact probabilities.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 78910111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page