PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 673674675676677··· 746747748

Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
edit: nvm, misunderstood something.
Type Race Points:0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! 6,31,14,13,8,11,10,11 Clan Banner! Type Race , Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race , June 2022, score of: 5060
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
I like the sprites they are different and change is hard but it doesn't mean they aren't any less awesome. However, I do have to say that I'm glad Shazi said they are looking into the Melan Musharna and fixing it. I know a lot of work went into them but the colours chosen for Musharna are a pretty bad combo in my opinion. It's the first time I've thought that a sprite was really wrong looking especially knowing how much work goes into it. I love the other sprites though they are so cute and Pidove no longer looks like it is trying to stare into my soul! haha
Score: 70

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn
I'm loving the new albino zebstrika
shop & dexing ♦️ journal (see for credits) my lucky sparkly charm (sprite permission) - avatar credit in journal
Iamsandwich's AvatarIamsandwich
I'm pretty new to the website and its main mechanics, but I really liked the designs of the albino/melanistic variants of pokemon. I especially adored the balck/purple combinations in melanistic and blue/white ones in albino. Even though I didn't get to become too attached to the old sprites, I still really liked checking them on teh wiki and hoping to one day obtain a few. It's sad that the old designs will be simply discarded, partially because a lot of work was put into them, and partially because I really liked some of the designs. Is there no way to keep the old variations around as a sort of special alternate variant of the albino/melanistic colors? Perhaps some other way of not completely getting rid of them? I understand that the main idea here is to make recolors as logical as possible, within the logic of pre-existing normal and shiny colors. But logic doesn't have to be more important than aesthetic look and feel of a sprite. In a lot of new color combinations the contrast and colors just weirdly clash. In some of them it makes the sprite look less special than before, at least in my opinion. I am not saying that the artists did badly, beause they didn't. They followed directions that they were given, and I am not going to blame them for doing their work. I just wish there was a way to keep the old sprites around, as I find them hopelessly appealing. Maybe there could be a poll, to see how many people would be willing to keep the old variations around? Just to see how much the old sprites are appreciated.
Zerxus's AvatarZerxus

QUOTE originally posted by Iamsandwich

Is there no way to keep the old variations around as a sort of special alternate variant of the albino/melanistic colors? Perhaps some other way of not completely getting rid of them? .... In a lot of new color combinations the contrast and colors just weirdly clash. In some of them it makes the sprite look less special than before, at least in my opinion. I am not saying that the artists did badly, beause they didn't. They followed directions that they were given, and I am not going to blame them for doing their work. I just wish there was a way to keep the old sprites around, as I find them hopelessly appealing. Maybe there could be a poll, to see how many people would be willing to keep the old variations around? Just to see how much the old sprites are appreciated.
Unfortunately the site owners are not willing to have the old sprites around in any capacity due to the improvement of the new sprites, and I honestly can't blame them, what artist likes seeing their old art on the site when they know they have improved and can do better now? The new sprites are actually an upgrade to the old ones in every way, shading, anatomy, and depth wise. But I 100% agree that the ruleset that the artists are given don't do them or the site any favors. Almost every single revamp there is a sprite or several sprites that the majority of people say they don't like. And the artist team then has to take that feedback into account again and fix it. It's a lot of work for everyone for very little gain imo.... And the revamps aren't even final either. We have sprites being changed so many times even AFTER they have already been revamped and we thought the colors were set in stone. They're not even minor changes either... often the entire color scheme is different and clashing...
Shop: SLE, egg passes, summons, & legendary seals - cheaper than site!
Blue Soul Dew

Blue Soul Dew

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small orb with a blue coloration that manages to emanate seriousness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latios.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +2,208,246
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
NormalDark
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

Perhaps it might be worth experimenting with more of a greenish-blueish palette, as below? No obligation of course, but there may not be so radical of a shift there.
I hadn't seen this post until after making new palettes but quite by accident they are very close to what you had suggested :) The Munna line has been updated accordingly with new palettes which should hopefully be nicer for everyone and a little more ethereal in nature to suit the evo line
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Cledànio's AvatarCledànio
Thanks a lot for the update!! BTW will melan Munna change sprite soon? It's still showing old melan both on wiki and site

Cledanio | She/They| Adult

99/550 Buying at 40
ART SHOP Adopt Shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @SilverRaven on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @Me
Type Race Score; 1000
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Cledànio

Thanks a lot for the update!! BTW will melan Munna change sprite soon? It's still showing old melan both on wiki and site
it should already be changed, you may need to clear your cache for it to show up correctly
Svetty's AvatarSvetty
I'd like to just come and say thank you so much to the lovely artists who were willing to update the sprites. I cannot speak for everyone, but I do feel a lot less uncomfortable looking at the lovely babies now. I also like the new albino colours too, its not as cute as the pinks I loved but I do love how they are kinda like a soft baby blue almost. I like them a lot. :) Thank you to the artists for the work they have put in to the sprites.
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,420,776
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,233,154
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
i appreciate the work yall but into the new designs... but.. this is just pastels, albino doesnt apply at all now and i really hope SOME get to stay in their current pinks even with the update.

Pages: 123··· 673674675676677··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page