PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Iamsandwich's AvatarIamsandwich
I'm pretty new to the website and its main mechanics, but I really liked the designs of the albino/melanistic variants of pokemon. I especially adored the balck/purple combinations in melanistic and blue/white ones in albino. Even though I didn't get to become too attached to the old sprites, I still really liked checking them on teh wiki and hoping to one day obtain a few. It's sad that the old designs will be simply discarded, partially because a lot of work was put into them, and partially because I really liked some of the designs. Is there no way to keep the old variations around as a sort of special alternate variant of the albino/melanistic colors? Perhaps some other way of not completely getting rid of them? I understand that the main idea here is to make recolors as logical as possible, within the logic of pre-existing normal and shiny colors. But logic doesn't have to be more important than aesthetic look and feel of a sprite. In a lot of new color combinations the contrast and colors just weirdly clash. In some of them it makes the sprite look less special than before, at least in my opinion. I am not saying that the artists did badly, beause they didn't. They followed directions that they were given, and I am not going to blame them for doing their work. I just wish there was a way to keep the old sprites around, as I find them hopelessly appealing. Maybe there could be a poll, to see how many people would be willing to keep the old variations around? Just to see how much the old sprites are appreciated.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page