PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 441442443444445··· 746747748

Seastar's AvatarSeastar
After following along this discussion over the past week, I wonder if this has been considered. In the past, I have seen sites whom update sprites provide the option to the user to remain using the old sprite or update to the new version. Of course, newly hatched would automatically be using the new sprite. This also adds another layer of value to retired sprites and essentially to the game as well, as those sprites can only be obtained through user-user trades.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by seastar

After following along this discussion over the past week, I wonder if this has been considered. In the past, I have seen sites whom update sprites provide the option to the user to remain using the old sprite or update to the new version. Of course, newly hatched would automatically be using the new sprite. This also adds another layer of value to retired sprites and essentially to the game as well, as those sprites can only be obtained through user-user trades.
What, like the Unconverted pets in Neopets that completely destroyed the pet trade, and made all of the Converted pets worthless? That'd be the worst possible way to go about it here, ngl. And this suggestion gets rejected every time there's a region revamp. Last time was only a week ago.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
If you want new sprites to look as they used to there is CSS. Unfortunately when the Wiki broke we lost all the old sprites for Kanto and Johto. I, personally, have not asked anyone on staff for old sprites, but as I am sure they have them in their database or personal computers, it seems entirely plausible to get the images for this CSS.
Seastar's AvatarSeastar
@Gladion I wasn't aware it was suggested and did not play on that site. It just seems there are a lot of strong feelings in regards to this and while finding a way to please everyone is impossible, it's really unfortunate to see both sides struggle with it. It was only a suggestion.
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
idk if anybody has made a site skin css that replaces ALL pokemon sprites with older versions, but they should. It'd be good to give to people who are really upset with how sprites turn out
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
Noctuoidea's AvatarNoctuoidea
Oof I know I'm super late to the revamp discussion and this has probably been said before but whatever Is there a reason that melan cascoon is a much different color than any other in the melan wurmple line? Both the normal and albino line have it to where the color of cascoon is very similar to the color of dustox's body. I feel like it would make more sense for that to be the case too for melan cascoon and dustox. It's kind of jarring to me that beautifly and silcoon match, but cascoon and dustox don't. Sorry for being nitpicky ^^'
~Beautiful pink children~ ~~ 165/1250 ~Credits~
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger

QUOTE originally posted by Noctuoidea

Oof I know I'm super late to the revamp discussion and this has probably been said before but whatever Is there a reason that melan cascoon is a much different color than any other in the melan wurmple line? Both the normal and albino line have it to where the color of cascoon is very similar to the color of dustox's body. I feel like it would make more sense for that to be the case too for melan cascoon and dustox. It's kind of jarring to me that beautifly and silcoon match, but cascoon and dustox don't. Sorry for being nitpicky ^^'
the melan is based on the consistency of the shiny so the normal and albino wouldnt really affect that.
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

@PK I'm not meaning to be rude (I know you're likely thinking- 'Oh no there she goes again with that' but hear me out) You're on the graphics team, do you not have a say in that? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding but with your wording it feels like one person is deciding everything? and then being stubborn and saying it all needs to be consistent Or that it's all set in stone and consistency is killing the creativity of the melans? "I too wish things like that could be different" :? Well what's stopping you? You're directly on the graphics team which I can only assume works on the sprites. (Unless there are different divisions and you don't work in that department? This is why we need to know these things so we can better suggest ideas as a userbase but that's a different thing entirely) I'd like to think you could at least bring up some colors and say 'Hey I think X, X, or X would look nice" or do you have as little say as us (the userbase) in the matter? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding or anything, I'm just confused because I personally- I can't speak for anyone else, know very little about how the innerworkings of the art team are.
Yes i have a say in what goes on, but i don't make the rules.
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
söbble's Avatarsöbble

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

Yes i have a say in what goes on, but i don't make the rules.
where do i sign the PK making the rules petition b/c i want a Heckin Rave up in here I'm actually here to question the changes to the beedrill line... the melan, okay, I get it I guess, giving the eyes an accent color. It kind of gives me the heebiee jeeebies, but something with an accent color is objectively better than something with no accent at all (purple body & purple eyes). Why were the albinos stripped of their accent color?? the whole heckin' thing is just Green and Different Green now. It actually makes weedle's legs kind of hard to make out? Melan Weedle, too. Why did you guys do that? I can't make out the feet at all anymore - the melan is just Dark on Dark and the albino is just green on green and I can't see anything. There's no pop. I feel like this update made the melan and albino for weedle genuinely less readable. I don't mind the change to melan beedrill and kakuna is just kind of a blobby shell always, so it doesn't really matter. But weedle was fine? It doesn't... read well anymore.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
h o r i z o n's Avatarh o r i z o n
Oh heck that Melan Bezermuut is gorgeous. What a good spooky looking boy.
kase. male he/him. 25. bg
f2u @hamha.tumblr.com
|code
@is it necessary + @hercules, edits by me
pixel
@gaelson, commission by @canine
|icon
@gezeichnet
sig image
@jurobii
characters are mine
and @canine's

Pages: 123··· 441442443444445··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page