PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 190191192193194··· 206207208

MBCMechachu's AvatarMBCMechachu

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

QUOTE originally posted by MBCMechachu

Why is it that some sprites like Turtonator & Crabominable so huge but sprites like Drampa & Hawlucha on the small side?
If you want to be pointing out sprites that are big.. well, Oricorio. Oricorio is definitely one that's big imo (Shelter pic). It's also being resized in the near future. Another good example of a sprite being too big is Popplio. Look how big popplio is compared to absol. As for Hawlucha, it is at a fine sprite size (shelter pic), especially given that it's only 2ft, though the sprite itself is getting reworked. Besides, body height wise, it's the same as crabominable. How can two sprites, with the same body height, be bigger or smaller than the other? Drampa on the other hand might be a bit small, but it's also another sprite that's getting a few tweaks.
That's kind of what I meant. I'm kind of used to sprite art obeying the limits of the gen 5 style. Being that they don't go over the size limit of 96 by 96. (With a few exceptions here or there)
MBC Power Up! Profile Picture made by myself.
Sei's AvatarSei

Long quotes

Why is it that some sprites like Turtonator & Crabominable so huge but sprites like Drampa & Hawlucha on the small side?
If you want to be pointing out sprites that are big.. well, Oricorio. Oricorio is definitely one that's big imo (Shelter pic). It's also being resized in the near future. Another good example of a sprite being too big is Popplio. Look how big popplio is compared to absol. As for Hawlucha, it is at a fine sprite size (shelter pic), especially given that it's only 2ft, though the sprite itself is getting reworked. Besides, body height wise, it's the same as crabominable. How can two sprites, with the same body height, be bigger or smaller than the other? Drampa on the other hand might be a bit small, but it's also another sprite that's getting a few tweaks.
That's kind of what I meant. I'm kind of used to sprite art obeying the limits of the gen 5 style. Being that they don't go over the size limit of 96 by 96. (With a few exceptions here or there)
Kind of what you meant? xD I'm not seeing how you can say that when I disagreed with almost the entirety of your post. I get being used to the limits of gen 5, but not all Pokémon are the size of Gen 5 Pokémon. Apart from that, not every sprite is true-to-size. This is why certain "smaller pokemon" are bigger or about the same size as others. Art staff make great pains to make sure everything is proportioned, and if after uploading something we see is of... we fix it. ;P Which I can assure you will be happening, as I just mentioned Popplio being too big and it's now fixed~
Also this has no relation to the topic of which I was speaking about but I kind of noticed there's a bit of similarities between the sprites of the Alolan Geodude line used here & the sprites that I created for Pokecommunity before the Alola update of Pokefarm Q.
Sei's AvatarSei

Also this has no relation to the topic of which I was speaking about but I kind of noticed there's a bit of similarities between the sprites of the Alolan Geodude line used here & the sprites that I created for Pokecommunity before the Alola update of Pokefarm Q.
I'm sorry.. but if I'm reading this correctly, are you claiming that we stole your sprites? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if it IS what I think it is, then there's a few things I need to point out. We have incredibly strict rules on art theft - why would we then break our own incredibly strict rules (which need to be in place to uphold the law) and take sprites that belong to someone else? That makes no sense and would open us up to legal trouble. I would absolutely never allow something like that to happen - if I did I wouldn't hold the position of Art Director. These are the sprites you've mentioned: Top is our sprites, lower ones are yours. The similarities end at "they're the same Pokémon."

I'm sorry.. but if I'm reading this correctly, are you claiming that we stole your sprites? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if it IS what I think it is, then there's a few things I need to point out. We have incredibly strict rules on art theft - why would we then break our own incredibly strict rules (which need to be in place to uphold the law) and take sprites that belong to someone else? That makes no sense and would open us up to legal trouble. I would absolutely never allow something like that to happen - if I did I wouldn't hold the position of Art Director. These are the sprites you've mentioned: Top is our sprites, lower ones are yours. The similarities end at "they're the same Pokémon."
I meant nothing of the sort. I just found it kind of a coincidence how we got similar looking sprites. Plus a copyright claim would be the last thing I would want to issue on people like yourselves. As for the sprites you showed off here those aren't the ones I was talking about. These are: http://orig09.deviantart.net/e693/f/2016/302/8/7/alolan_geodude_line_by_pikafan2000-damlpoo.png
Sorry if I'm jumping onto something that I shouldn't be, but in that case, I gotta say your sprites look even less like PFQ's sprites than the ones Sei gave. The reason they look at all similar is because they are simply the same Pokémon.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Sei's AvatarSei

I meant nothing of the sort. I just found it kind of a coincidence how we got similar looking sprites. Plus a copyright claim would be the last thing I would want to issue on people like yourselves. As for the sprites you showed off here those aren't the ones I was talking about. These are: http://orig09.deviantart.net/e693/f/2016/302/8/7/alolan_geodude_line_by_pikafan2000-damlpoo.png
That's because both sprites use HG/SS as a base. They're still drastically different. I'm still not seeing any similarities between them other than the fact they use HG/SS as a base and are based on the Alolan Geodude line.
I know this is not feedback,But I just wanna know.. How do you put links people can click on. How can you decorate the about? Basicially anything about how to costumize the about
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Hey there QuestioningThing, You're right; this thread isn't for questions, the help forum is for that! Please direct your questions there where members of the community can help you. Also, check out the wiki and the FAQs. There is also a section on guides! If you need anymore help, feel free to contact myself or another staff member. Thanks
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Feenie's AvatarFeenie
I love the site and all, but...the fact dex trading Legendaries is required to complete the Alolan pokedex kinda frustrates me. Granted, I'm bound to find someone at some point who can help, for free or otherwise, but...I don't know. Like, overall, I like the site as is. Some of the tournaments annoy me for reasons like "I can't hatch enough eggs to hit the Medium milestone for the lab tournament", but eh. Spritework is nice, I kinda like the badge idea, but the thing with the Alola pokedex by and large annoys me because you're stuck relying on dex trading or getting lucky with a wonder trade or the shelter.
My battle music is titled “Desperate Clown Dance for Everyone’s Souls at the End of the World” --Cucumber Quest, page 794, Gigidigi

Pages: 123··· 190191192193194··· 206207208

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page