PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 56789

Trebor's AvatarTrebor

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

... When the two options are "keep the current system" and "change it", and the vote is basically tied, the correct course of action is "change it, let people experience the changed system, and then ask again if we should keep it or go back." That is what I plan to do unless the votes very suddenly swing towards one or the other. ...
Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. I cannot begin to express nor list all sorts of examples showing how wrong this is. And it would be wrong even if this was a change being made in isolation, which it Definitely is not. If your arguments/reasons for change are not compelling enough to 'win over' a majority of the user base in support, and especially if it goes Against a base Site Rule that has been strongly enforced to date - the 'correct' course of action is to hold off, until you can provide compelling reasoning beyond 'Let's try it and see'. Anything else is you just imposing your will - which as owner and sole programmer, you have every right to do - but don't split/pit the userbase against itself to do so. [QUESTIONS] This post/Poll has been up for a little over 8 hrs. How much of the userbase has even seen it, let alone had time to process and decide which way they want to vote? Also out of curiosity, how far would it have to swing 'Against' for you Not to implement it? 1%? 2%? 5% or more? And how much in 'Favour' for you to consider not asking later on if we want to go back (implied)? [Suggestion] Implement the DP Market and let it run for a while (2-4, 3-6 months?). Debug, work out the kinks, and make adjustments during that time - basically let it settle in as an everyday accepted functioning part of the site - then revisit #5. If at that time you still feel #5 is an issue, poll the userbase then, or just implement it, as you see fit. Note: I HATE the idea of someone DPing a melan they legitimately acquired from me. The first time it happened I was shocked and devastated. But the Site Rules were clear on the issue, so I just had to accept it. And even still, or because of that, my vote is 'No' on this change.
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 0/106 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Lawless's AvatarLawless
Everything sounds great except for 5. I would rather flat out sell my specials to get dped then have to pay a price to sell them? If I'm selling a pokemon it's not up to me what happens to it after. I think a lock someone suggested that a person could put on their special not allowing it to be dped is the best option. It gives players who care what happens to the special they trade to not have it dped and let's people keep selling as usual. I also dislike the idea because I have had many times I just buy a random s/a for me or someone else and it turns out I don't want it anymore or the person I bought from doesn't want it either, I'd like to be able to throw it into the dp machine than release it/have to resell it. Just think 5 needs to be looked at more but the rest of the changes are good.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,909,890
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

[QUESTIONS] This post/Poll has been up for a little over 8 hrs. How much of the userbase has even seen it, let alone had time to process and decide which way they want to vote?
And... how far away is "by the end of the month"? How many people will have seen it by then? You're acting like I'm going to be making this change tomorrow or something daft like that.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy
For option #5 I am against how it is at its current stage of suggestion. Would a time-lock be possible? Like it cannot be turned into delta points for 24 hours up to a week to prevent some cases of theft or specials that are lost to the shelter. It would give users time to react if they lost something or for a trade issue to be resolved. I feel that the ability to turn special pokemon into delta points is a huge selling point to users. And having that freedom to keep it or use it for delta points is important to a lot of people.
Currently buying: × 238 / 500 × 22 / 400 Avatar by Breepi Signature by AnkokuFlare
acelien's Avataracelien

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

[QUESTIONS] This post/Poll has been up for a little over 8 hrs. How much of the userbase has even seen it, let alone had time to process and decide which way they want to vote?
And... how far away is "by the end of the month"? How many people will have seen it by then? You're acting like I'm going to be making this change tomorrow or something daft like that.
"All being well, I'd like to implement these by the end of the month..." To be fair, this statement seems to be talking about when you'd like implementation to happen, but there isn't really explicit indication of when the poll will be concluded.
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +329,294
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GhostPoison
Happiness 27%
Naughty nature
nanamou's Avatarnanamou

QUOTE originally posted by Clairefairy

Would a time-lock be possible? Like it cannot be turned into delta points for 24 hours up to a week to prevent some cases of theft or specials that are lost to the shelter. It would give users time to react if they lost something or for a trade issue to be resolved.
I agree with this. I sometimes get gifts or purchase something that I end up not wanting, and if I say, "hey, I need some dp. Let's see if there's anything I don't want anymore", I'd like to be able to just dp it regardless of the original trainer. I think that a time-lock would be a sufficient halfway point for the whole thing about users "accidentaly" dp'ing dex traded pokemon.

For the issue about people being upset seeing their pokemon get DP'd

would it be possible to have the option to hide the fact that the pokemon has been DP'd? For example, say that somebody is going to trade away a shiny. If they think that they would be upset to see it get wiped from the game, there could be a small checkbox underneath the "gift" checkbox that says something along the lines of "If this pokemon is DP'd, hide timeline". Then that way, if somebody uses the shiny for Delta Points, whenever the user who hatched it looks at that shiny's timeline, either it doesn't show that the shiny has been DP'd or it doesn't show the timeline at all. I do think that it may create a number other problems, such as if someone accidentaly checks it instead of the "send as gift" while dextrading, they wouldn't know if it had been DP'd, so I'm not really sure if this would work. Sorry if I was confusing!
Long story short, I am neutral with #5 as it is right now, because I do agree with the whole dextrading problem but do not really like the idea of not being able to dp a pokemon if it was not hatched by me, and I think that the time lock idea would be a good solution.
nanamou • she/he/they • Pansexual JOURNALPM POLICYART SHOP hello there forums of pfq! i am here to spread the derps and use up pixels on your screen. have a very good day C:
Background is official Genshin Impact art | Icon | Code
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
(Opinions addressed below are mine as a player, not as a staff member) I've mulled over the proposals in the main post and honestly, a majority of them are very interesting ways to solve the current issues onsite to make DP more tradeable outside trading a melan for DP. My bigger concern is how DP will be valued afterward because from what I can see (and that is not everything, I will stand to be corrected if I am wrong.) the change to normal deltas appears to not have influenced their pricing. By rights and the logic of the economy on-site, regular deltas should start going for a higher price, what shinies used to go for. From what I see they haven't. It concerns me for the future of DP prices, but if dp goes up in value I am hoping it stays the same however if DP values fall it will quite honestly ruin the melan market. If DP drops to 1zc:1dp sitewide it will make it incredibly hard to maintain HM and Uber as melans that once sold for 1600zc would start selling for 800zc, which doesn't cover the current cost of a month HM and an Uber where as 1600 zc can almost sustain a user for 2 months which is a more reasonable amount of time to hatch another melan to sell and repeat the f2p process. This isn't a dealbreaker per se just something I think would be worth observing as everything I said above was speculation. Now for proposal 5, Which is the only proposal I adamantly disagree with. Don't get me wrong, I get the logic behind the proposal, that if DP is tradeable it makes sense for the user who hatched the special gets to decide if they want to trade the special or trade said special for DP and then trade or use that DP. However, the reality is how people feel about their purchased specials as time progresses is very complex and could change anytime. I have personally purged my own fields of shinies, albinos, even melans I thought I'd keep for a long time for DP multiple times, if they weren't dpable what would be my option? If proposal 5 goes through it would be three options - Release them/wonder trade - Keep them - Resell them Option one is a nice thing some kind users do anyways, it's a nice action to release speiclas for the public in the shelter. But if someone paid for that special and they're suddenly locked out of gaining the benefits from the special sink that has been an option for years. If it goes through I'd personally be incredibly hesitant to buy specials from other users because I know my history of randomly deltaing specials on a whim, I am sure I'm not the only one. Now the reselling option makes me cringe a bit, it WILL happen if proposal 5 goes through. Reslling will happen a lot more than it usually does especially with melans. There is already a huge stigma onsite behind reselling, whether for profit or not, users do refuse to trade with other users who resell or are known to, I do not think that will go away either. It is incredibly easy to tell if a special you sold is resold or retraded if you keep its link somewhere accessible. I really don't have much else to say besides I really love the z-crystal proposals. I hope it increases type reace participation. Also more than one z-crystal a day is *chefs kiss*
Icon by me!
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Clairefairy

For option #5 I am against how it is at its current stage. Would a time-lock be possible? Like it cannot be turned into delta points for 24 hours up to a week to prevent some cases of theft or specials that are lost to the shelter. It would give users time to react if they lost something or for a trade issue to be resolved. I feel that the ability to turn special pokemon into delta points is a huge selling point to users. And having that freedom to keep it or use it for delta points is important to a lot of people.
Personally I think this is a really great compromise, a time-lock introduced like this would help a lot especially with the first instance of dex-trade shops running into issues of people DP'ing pokemon. A lot has been said about the other points, so I do not think there's much more I can add onto that. But I really agree with a lot of what Trebor said and it seems like the best option would be to make some changes with #5 or see if there's anything that can be addressed to make the userbase a bit less split up on it. After all once you vote, you cannot change your vote. Users may have changed thoughts and opinions on the matter after reading other concerns in this thread considering that is the one being the most discussed here especially. If towards the end of the month the poll is still a pretty split decision, will you instead of implementing it consider making adjustments and run another poll on the topic? It just feels like that'd be overall better, because let's say you do run this as is and make it so tradeable pokemon can't be DP'd - you change it later because it wasn't working, well then what about all those users who don't want their pokemon they sold to be DP'd? Its a huge possibility those will just be DP'd or thrown out anyways, so they will be just as upset if it gets changed back. In this situation it might better to be able to include a time lock suggested by Claire (To help with Dexes and such) then also a sort of DP Lock system as suggested by several users where a pokemon can be DP Locked, meaning it cannot be traded in for DP. This would be a really really great compromise. People who want to sell specials for DP/don't care if the specials get DP'd can still sell them, and those who don't want their specials to be turned in and such can make it so that won't happen. It seems like the best of both worlds, but if this is something you feel cannot work is there a particular reason for it? I'm just curious as to what you feel could be a good compromise to prevent the split of the user base on this topic. Edit; also pointing out as someone else said, it really sucks for users who are on a Hiatus but had previously purchased pokemon specifically for DP and now will no longer be able to do it and are stuck with the pokemon/being forced to sell it or release it. Especially something commonly used for DP such as Nincada, those are particularly hard to resell if not for the purpose of DP so they will be out thousands of ZC in currency because of this.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Neutrophil's AvatarNeutrophil
All this talk is doing is scaring me. I should just give up on this 6,173 scorbunny chain with only 54 shinies hatched and still not my first melan if it's just gonna get even more difficult to be able to get my first melan. I've wanted my first melan for years. (Scorbunny chain started Dec 2019) and I still can't-
Avatar is official from the anime Cells at Work
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova
About this one: Further note: if a player arrives on PFQ through one of your Display Codes and subsequently registers on the site, your name will automatically be entered as their referrer, which can lead to a nice Referral Bonus for the both of you. I have asked the art team to make some more Custom Sprite pairs for that feature and they're workshopping some ideas for that. I'm quite liking the concepts so far! Custom Sprites are nice thing, but adding to rewards something USEFUL could be better idea, because people like rewards they can use.
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me

Pages: 123··· 56789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page