PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 789

FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech
All in all i agree that most of this would help (and some points I'm pretty neutral on), but i agree that with point 5, a good solution would be a lock on the pokemon being traded that prevents it from being used for dp when the one trading it doesn't want that to happen. I know most of what i sell gets used for dp or stuff like that, and I'm happy with that even though it was a little sad seeing a melan i hatched get dp'd, ultimately i don't care but other people would. I guess i don't know if I've read it right? But it seems like a "you can only dp things you've hatched personally" thing and i feel like that's going to hurt people selling; why would anyone buy a bunch of my albinos when they can't dp them? I once had someone buy like 17 albino larvesta from me for dp, and that Really helped me with currency, but that kind of thing would never happen in that kind of market. On the other hand, i know people can be cruel and would ask to dex a special, only to dp it, which also isn't fair. So i think the locking thing would make it work for the most people? Assuming i read everything correctly; sorry if i misunderstood!!
Please check out my shop!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by FloydLeech

I guess i don't know if I've read it right? But it seems like a "you can only dp things you've hatched personally" thing and i feel like that's going to hurt people selling; why would anyone buy a bunch of my albinos when they can't dp them? I once had someone buy like 17 albino larvesta from me for dp, and that Really helped me with currency, but that kind of thing would never happen in that kind of market.
You just... DP them yourself and sell them the DP directly. This particular situation is a non-issue.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

You just... DP them yourself and sell them the DP directly. This particular situation is a non-issue.
Thank you for clarifying.
PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence
Loving how transparent things are right now, whether people like the updates (or individual parts of them) or not I think we can all appreciate this and it feels like our voice matters, we have a say in what's happening. Props to every mod out there (especially you niet 😳) for how things things are going right now also yay for things being balanced for f2p/broke people in general

scott | adult | extra silly free templates pkmn adoptables love yourself or else i'll love you
credits
background: animation by Da Dou coding: by me
Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie
The last time, I had been so happy for an update/announcement was during the 2017 Easter event, absolutley loved that event. No doubts this will be great as well. And for the number 5 rule, I absolutely don't mind tbh. Just don't DP your pokemon at first, if the buyer wants it in shiny, give them a shiny or directly sell them DP. Maybe another option would be to allow the person purchasing shiny to, turn it into DP, but it would give only half the DP it is supposed to.
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
I agree there should be a settjbg to allow other trainers to dp it or not
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
And... what would you do if you wanted to buy it without the lock but the other person put the lock on? You'd have to send it back, have them take the lock off, possibly argue with them, it might end up having to get mods involved... It is important to consider more angles and what-ifs.
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco

And... what would you do if you wanted to buy it without the lock but the other person put the lock on? You'd have to send it back, have them take the lock off, possibly argue with them, it might end up having to get mods involved... It is important to consider more angles and what-ifs.
if the icon was pretty obvious like account locked pokemon, you would just decline the trade edit: i know there's a lot of announcement threads at the moment... but proposal 5 seems to have people very split and might need a separate post with more poll options
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat
All right, yes, assuming you notice it. It's another burden for users to check but I suppose that could work. What if you don't notice? What if you don't care at the time but, say a few months later, you decide you want to DP it? What then? With the proposed change, S/A/M sales would be for the specific purpose of acquiring that S/A/M. None of these hypothetical scenarios would be relevant, because if you want DP then you just trade for DP in the first place.
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova

All right, yes, assuming you notice it. It's another burden for users to check but I suppose that could work. What if you don't notice? What if you don't care at the time but, say a few months later, you decide you want to DP it? What then? With the proposed change, S/A/M sales would be for the specific purpose of acquiring that S/A/M. None of these hypothetical scenarios would be relevant, because if you want DP then you just trade for DP in the first place.
I think that best option atm is to leave this part as it is. I mean people are really divided here, this idea really need more time to work on it
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me

Pages: 12345··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page