PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456789

arbor's Avatararbor
arceus.pngd.png
I don’t understand why people want to restrict the DP ability of other users? If I sell a painting at a craft show and someone purchases it, they can do whatever they want to. They can go poop on it and burn it if they want. They PAID for it. It’s theirs. I can absolutely choose not to sell them any MORE paintings if I want, but that doesn’t change anything. I don’t get to say “you can only buy my painting if you’re hanging it in the kitchen!”. I can say “please don’t burn my painting”, but I can’t actually ENFORCE that, because if someone buys it, it’s not mine anymore. I don’t understand that thought process one bit. I get it hurting your feelings, I’m not saying it shouldn’t upset you, but don’t sell to that user any more. And I don’t understand hurt feelings —> desire to control what others do.
arbor ☼ journalflying.png: 985 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Honestly, I feel people are hyper-focusing on just "reason #2" out of the three reasons I offered, completely ignoring the first reason (prevents accidents/malice that mods then have to clean up) and the third reason (actually fixes the S/A/M market by making it about S/A/Ms)...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ÉrrähM's Avatarhypermode-12.pngÉrrähM
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
You had me up until #5. I'm firmly in the camp of "I spent my hard earned (or even IRL purchased) game currency on a thing, the previous owner shouldn't be able to dictate how I use said thing." While I understand hatchers maybe upset by how their customers use their purchases, I can't really justify the restriction site-wide. Nothing I have ever purchased has been "on the condition that the previous owner gets to decide how I use the thing." I feel like it gives the seller far too much power in the situation, especially if they're already being paid hansomly for the thing they're selling. You mean they get paid AND they get to tell me what I can and can't do with the thing? Mmmm just doesn't seem right to me. Just my humble opinion! (I will say that the locking mechanism proposed earlier in this thread is a viable solution, and would be willing to go along with such an option if no other better one comes along, but I'm against the idea of imposing such limits on principle, personally.) However! I DEFINITELY can see one benefit to bringing this issue up! I really like the idea of having dexing protection. But a dexed pokemon can still be "lost" in other ways. It can be traded to the wrong person, it can be released to the shelter or wondertraded away... These things have all happened to me (or I've been a doofus and done them myself by accident) over the course of my time here. So I think it might be nice to consider a "dexing protection" solution separately. Maybe make it so that once a pokemon has traded hands it cannot be released/traded except back to its previous owner until after a certain amount of time has passed. An hour, a day, whichever. I think maybe that would solve many of the "oopsies" that happen cause people fat-finger it or have a brainfart and do something silly lol. And in the case of malice, it would give the owner enough time to contact the dexer and figure out what is going on and then seek help from staff before something un-fixable happens.
Fuecoco's Avatarhypermode-12.pngFuecoco
hypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

All right, yes, assuming you notice it. It's another burden for users to check but I suppose that could work. What if you don't notice? What if you don't care at the time but, say a few months later, you decide you want to DP it? What then? With the proposed change, S/A/M sales would be for the specific purpose of acquiring that S/A/M. None of these hypothetical scenarios would be relevant, because if you want DP then you just trade for DP in the first place.
icons like that are pretty useful, but a warning on accepting a trade with a locked pokemon similar to that of releasing an account locked pokemon might be an option. my previous points have addressed why it would be a problem as there would be no sink for these locked pokemon. as i'm sure you know, online games really need currency/obtainables sinks so the number available doesn't inflate to crazy high rates. It is a really nice idea in theory, i have had people DP shiny/albino deltas they've bought from me and i died a little inside seeing that, but there is just too much of a problem if ALL traded s/a pokemon are locked like this
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(item.png: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat
abingy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngabingy
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

Honestly, I feel people are hyper-focusing on just "reason #2" out of the three reasons I offered, completely ignoring the first reason (prevents accidents/malice that mods then have to clean up) and the third reason (actually fixes the S/A/M market by making it about S/A/Ms)...
I addressed your last two points in my post already and why I don't agree. I didn't mention your first one because I didn't think it was much of an issue. Obviously that would be a hassle for someone to deal with but how often does it even happen? And there are other solutions to that problem, like a temporary lock similar to the releasing lock to prevent people from DPing immediately. But honestly that even seems unnecessary unless this really is a much more common issue than I'm aware.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Melia's AvatarMelia
grandmaster.pngc.png
I'm really happy about being able to trade DP for z fragments. And overall happy about the other suggestions as well, except for #1 which I'm a little bit on the fence about, cause that means specials might become a bit too expensive; probably not right away, but in time once the surpluss will most likely get dp'd. As for #5, I personally am neutral on this, I don't mind either way.
Melia ✦ Inactive 「 Star searing flames of absolution! 」
credit
Background is official art from Xenoblade Chronicles Avatar made for me by sherrie F2U code by Gumshoe
Durant's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDurant
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
I like the idea of not allowing people to trade in specials that aren't there own. As someone who dexes out my specials, it is always slightly nerve racking whether I will get it back even if I know the majority of people wouldn't do that. I would only be happy about this though if we were able to trade dp as well. I also love the idea of buying z-fragment with dp as I have never really seen the use of delta pokemon personally so had no reason to dp pokemon.
Check out Durant's Shop
moonrays's Avatarhypermode-12.pngmoonrays
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc+.png
I don’t agree with number #5, everything else seems fantastic though!! (especially not having to grind so much for dp to do a fast gaining exp egg…45,000dp just to hatch 3,000 rattatas…) I don’t really care about collecting s/a/m from other people, I enjoy hatching them myself because it gives me a challenge. The only reason I even think about buying s/a is so I can make breeding pairs or turn them into dp. I like being able to buy something and then being able to change my mind if I want it or not and still having a use for it(turning it into dp). I don’t think being able to lock them is really the answer, maybe more of a cool down for maybe a week or more from when you buy it to being able to dp it. So like if I bought a s/a/m Pokémon I could still dp it but I would have to wait a week to do so. It’s also a good fix for dexing since the person wouldn’t be able to dp it unless they had it for a week, which is more than enough time to be able to get your dexing pokemon back.
it/its preferred but they/them works too icon made by kittytask on th of my character vector

All right, yes, assuming you notice it. It's another burden for users to check but I suppose that could work. What if you don't notice? What if you don't care at the time but, say a few months later, you decide you want to DP it? What then? With the proposed change, S/A/M sales would be for the specific purpose of acquiring that S/A/M. None of these hypothetical scenarios would be relevant, because if you want DP then you just trade for DP in the first place.
I think the lock is a good idea for dex trades, that being said, I think if the lock was on a timer that would negate the need to have the OT unlock it. What I mean is, the lock is to prevent dex trades from being turned in right? Most dex trades are pretty fast, you trade it, you trade it back, done. So if someone accidentally trades a sold special with a lock on, make the lock disappear after a week, or 24 hours, or some time frame that seems reasonable. That way, it prevents dex trades from being DP'd because they literally can't do that with the timed lock on it, it gives them time to complete the trade, then if they still haven't traded them back after the lock wears off and they DP it, the OT can report them for theft. It prevents accidental DPs (or wonder trades even), and let's someone who bought a special DP something they bought even with the lock on it (after the lock wears off). It would make the lock something the OT puts on before a trade.

What ifs

Of course you could say, what if the OT forgets to put the lock on? There is no protection then! But, it is the responsibility of the OT to remember to put the lock on. It isn't the systems fault for user error. You could also make it so the lock only starts ticking down AFTER an pkmn is traded, like an "away from owner" timer. @planet pluto also proposed just an inherent cool down which would also work here, and prevent the OT from having to remember to lock it at all!
*pfp made by me & spinda is from official art*
Ren ❂ ×1,945 ❂ She/Her
mulch_amaze.pngmulch_growth.pngmulch_stable.pngmulch_damp.pngmulch_gooey.png
Miky's AvatarMiky
grandmaster.pngss.png
I agree with everything except 5th proposal (not a surprise at this point). And thus I voted against 4 as well, though I enjoy it to some degree. Trading S/A for tradable DP "currency" - sure! Would save a lot of time trading and I don't mind paying the fee! Trading Melans for DP "currency" - nope! Why would I pay a fee when it would be easier to just send one trade. I get the whole idea about preventing """"accidents"""", but this is why a lot of users only do Melan Dex trades with users with a high rank. And come on, really, the seller would get upset I traded their Special in for DP?? I bought a Melan Rotom before the whole Sinnoh Dex got revamped. I didn't like the new Melan Rotom. But then was I supposed to keep it because the OT would get upset cos I purged it cos I didn't like it anymore??? Maybe the OT was against reselling too, what to do then, give it back ? ? ?

Pages: 123456789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page