PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Delta update proposal [vote!] >

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

All right, yes, assuming you notice it. It's another burden for users to check but I suppose that could work. What if you don't notice? What if you don't care at the time but, say a few months later, you decide you want to DP it? What then? With the proposed change, S/A/M sales would be for the specific purpose of acquiring that S/A/M. None of these hypothetical scenarios would be relevant, because if you want DP then you just trade for DP in the first place.
I think the lock is a good idea for dex trades, that being said, I think if the lock was on a timer that would negate the need to have the OT unlock it. What I mean is, the lock is to prevent dex trades from being turned in right? Most dex trades are pretty fast, you trade it, you trade it back, done. So if someone accidentally trades a sold special with a lock on, make the lock disappear after a week, or 24 hours, or some time frame that seems reasonable. That way, it prevents dex trades from being DP'd because they literally can't do that with the timed lock on it, it gives them time to complete the trade, then if they still haven't traded them back after the lock wears off and they DP it, the OT can report them for theft. It prevents accidental DPs (or wonder trades even), and let's someone who bought a special DP something they bought even with the lock on it (after the lock wears off). It would make the lock something the OT puts on before a trade.

What ifs

Of course you could say, what if the OT forgets to put the lock on? There is no protection then! But, it is the responsibility of the OT to remember to put the lock on. It isn't the systems fault for user error. You could also make it so the lock only starts ticking down AFTER an pkmn is traded, like an "away from owner" timer. @planet pluto also proposed just an inherent cool down which would also work here, and prevent the OT from having to remember to lock it at all!
*pfp made by me & spinda is from official art*
Ren ❂ ×1,945 ❂ She/Her
mulch_amaze.pngmulch_growth.pngmulch_stable.pngmulch_damp.pngmulch_gooey.png
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page