PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 789

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Tabby

I think what Fuecoco's saying is that because it would separate the specials bought/traded from the DP sink. So we'd still have a large supply of 'not owned by the OT' specials floating around with the same (or less) demand.
That's understandable, and part of why there's going to be a transition period for that part of the update. However, the Shelter and Wonder Trading still exist as options for "disposing" of them if you no longer want them after that transition period.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
wxtchdxgs's Avatarwxtchdxgs
for point 5 i like the idea but maybe make it like exp lock just that only the original hatcher can change it maybe?or sth similar
TR Score 0
AlienVisitor's AvatarAlienVisitor
Hey, I just wanted to say that it’s really awesome that you took the time to outline and structure all these ideas! 3b doesn’t actually seem like a nerf and will probably make me a lot less hesitant about “wasting” z-crystals. I have my reservations about 5 but it’s probably good in the long run. Together with all the other changes it doesn’t seem like that much of an inconvenience imo. If it gets implemented I’ll just have to go over all my shelter-found specials sometime and sort out which ones I’d like to keep. (Or maybe some kind of option to transfer the ability to trade in a Pokemon/change ownership could be made? Or I’d agree with the idea to make it like exp lock. Idk that kind of stuff would probably be super complicated and can wait though)
Jojo | 22 | they/them
credit
Background made by me F2U code by Gumshoe
I agree with most of these ideas! In response to point 5 though, I think my problem with that is that "inherent" S/A/M market value is limited. :( What I mean by that is, sure, special Pokemon should go people who actually want to own them... but once everyone who wants a particular Pokemon already has one, what then? They no longer have a need to buy another one, and a stable flow of income from S/A/M sales depends on new users coming in who also wish to own those Pokemon. Which, as some may know, is a bit difficult at the moment since site activity isn't the greatest right now. It would just lead to an overabundance and oversaturation of the market again, as others have said. That said, I don't have any good ideas for a compromise on this front, but I just thought I would share perspective on why some think it's not a good idea.
image is official pokemon art; icon is official from witch's heart
silver ☀ he/they/pup ☀ 28
Asia's AvatarAsia

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowNova

About number 5 Maybe person who hatched pokemon can have option to lock it from trading into dp? When someone care about melans they hatched, they can not care about all shinies. And DP locked pokes get mark for example close to melan star that mean this pokemon is locked from trading into dp but this is green for example. I think this can be good compromise when I see voting about this one.
I agree with Shadow. I hunt S/A/M and sell (mostly) melans away to someone who need DP. As I am one of those who "I sold it to you so you can do whatever you want with it - sell, gift, trade for DP, put in field and forget-whatever", I can understand that someone on the site can get upset about finding out their special was tradded for DP and they didn't wanted that. At that point the 'lockpad' would be an option for hunters to decide whatever they want or not to pokemons be traded for Delta Points.
20 / 150 Tidal bell
183 / 500 Clear Bell
73 / 150 Gracidea Seed
137 / 150 GS Ball
Tabby's AvatarTabby

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

That's understandable, and part of why there's going to be a transition period for that part of the update. However, the Shelter and Wonder Trading still exist as options for "disposing" of them if you no longer want them after that transition period.
I think we're looking at this from two different angles. From what I've read it sounds as though you're trying to pump up interest/activity in DP and the delta market. As an individual I can only give you my perspective on delta pokemon: cool little pixels, but not important to me. There are some that I've bought that are aestheticly pleasing, and they're usually pretty cheap so it's obtainable by most players and great for impulse buys. But (again, to me as an individual player) the appeal of a DP market is that there would be greater demand for my specials to people who do care a great deal about deltas. But here's why I disagree with idea #5: The rate of hatched specials has gone down, yes? As has been stated before it was never intended to be so high. And to paraphrase from the previous thread, this site was always aimed at being something you needed to trade pokemon to 'complete'. It was never intended for one person to self hatch a complete shiny dex unless they were a glutton for punishment; you're encouraged to trade! Can you elaborate why you think devaluing traded specials (post-transition period) will help the market as a whole? With a transition period (no matter if it's a week, month, or year) I'd need to go through my specials collection and decide if it's worth more to me to keep it or trade for DP while I still can and see if I can hatch the same special later. Which means there is even more frustration with lower hatch rates. I don't want the pokemon I've worked hard to trade for to become things I have to "dispose of".
Type Race Score: 0 Check out my shop! Avatar by me
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Niet, do you think we could have an [inventory=delta]? Just thinking because if trading DP via vouchers is gonna become a thing soon, it'd be more efficient for us to show off how much stock we have via inventory code and only convert vouchers when a customer comes along to buy. I'm sure a lot of people do this for boxes and gems as well so why not DP?
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
abingy's Avatarabingy
To elaborate a little on why I'm hesitant on 5: First, I don't think separating DP and S/A will really do anything positive for their respective markets. The way I see it is S/A and DP prices will always be related because they are so linked due to the system. Even if you can no longer trade in a traded special for DP, that won't change the values between DP and S/A for the seller because they still have the option between the two, so they'll most likely price them similarly. Second, this removes the "rights" (couldn't think of a better word lol) of the owner of the S/A/M. Once you've bought a special, you now own it and thus should be able to choose what to do with it. You could've bought the special with no intentions of DP'ing it but things can change and you might be more desparate for DP but would have no choice in the matter, just because you bought it from someone else; and who knows if that person even would've cared in the first place. And on that, as you mentioned about the trade rules, I don't think the seller really has much say in what is done with a special after it's sold. They may prefer it isn't DP'd and if the buyer agrees to that, yeah it might be a little scummy to turn around and DP it, but ultimately it should still be the buyer's choice. No matter how desparate the seller was/why they sold it, they still decided that the currency was worth more to them than the actual special, so realistically they couldn't have cared about the special ~that~ much. Lastly I want to reply to your line saying what the "shiny is actually worth". The value of all specials are completely arbitrary so there really is no what it's "actually worth". DP gave them some sort of intrinsic value and thus a baseline to work with. I don't really ever see that deviating again because having that baseline is much easier than coming up with some random value you think the special is worth. In a similar vain to that, S/A/M are only worth what someone is willing to buy them at and having set a precedent for years on the site of what S/A/M are worth based on DP prices, it's going to be a lot harder to get someone to buy them at a higher price just because you think they're worth more.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
1. Boost DP Value of Specials Again Yes. The more DP I can get from my Hunts, the better. And I think many agree, especially with those who plan to Melan Legend hunt or those who are after a specific Delta Melan of the Pokemon they love. 2. Increase the DP from Guest Clicks Yes. Again. More DP! Yum! XD Also. Love the auto mark as referrer thing. Definitely gives me a reason to show off my darlings on other sites. 3a. Boost the base Albino rates again Yes. Right now, it does seem that Albinos are hard to hatch. Which, they should be. But they should still be *checks chain* better than 2 in 700. I'd be happy with 7 in that. 3b. Nerf the power of Z-Crystals Yes. Especially with your plan of making them last for three days. I would much rather have that than what it currently is. 3c. Allow purchase of Z-Fragments for DP Yes. As an alternate way for me to hoard up on Crystals for specific hunts in advance. Like. I plan on returning to Eevee to finish off my Melans, and so would love Normal V-Waves. Especially since Normal Z is typically an expensive one, this might be a cheaper method for me. 4. Allow DP to be traded Yes! This would make it so much easier for people like me, who plan on Delta Melan hunting something to acquire the DP without the need for hundreds of trades. And, combined with #5, also allows for people who want their Pokes to go to good homes to KNOW it went to a safe place. 5. Disallow trading in Pokémon for DP that you did not hatch Yes. With the addition of #4, this makes perfect logical sense. Why be able to trade the Pokemon when you can trade the DP straight? As the OT, you're the one who can DP them. So, if after a month or so, nobody wants them, just DP them and trade the DP. Voila. Excess gone and you still made money off your hunt.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco
couldn't agree more with you Tabby!!

QUOTE originally posted by Tabby

I don't want the pokemon I've worked hard to trade for to become things I have to "dispose of".
it feels like the pokemon will become a burden, a lot of people can't be bothered selling off individual s/a but don't want to just get rid of them for free. delta points are a nice mid-ground for this problem - then you're at least recycling specials instead of outright disposing them for nothing :') Niet, if the only option is to release/wt/resell the traded pokemon there is just going to be an abundance of s/a and the prices will continue to fall. i am stuggling to think how to word this sorry... there would be a 'pool' of pokemon that can only be traded created because of this, and the pool would never empty, it would just constantly get more and more pokemon in it. this is what i am envisioning would happen with change number 5, and it will cause the price of s/a pokemon to fall over time as there is no back-up use for them. i have bought a few peoples entire inventory of s/a living dexes when they've quit so i can use them as delta points - stuff like this wouldn't happen any more, the unsold specials would probably just rot on a users account instead that said, i LOVE all of the other proposed changes. proposal 5 could work with some fine tuning, like a toggleable lock mentioned previously
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat

Pages: 1234··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page