PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Delta update proposal [vote!] >

abingy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngabingy
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
To elaborate a little on why I'm hesitant on 5: First, I don't think separating DP and S/A will really do anything positive for their respective markets. The way I see it is S/A and DP prices will always be related because they are so linked due to the system. Even if you can no longer trade in a traded special for DP, that won't change the values between DP and S/A for the seller because they still have the option between the two, so they'll most likely price them similarly. Second, this removes the "rights" (couldn't think of a better word lol) of the owner of the S/A/M. Once you've bought a special, you now own it and thus should be able to choose what to do with it. You could've bought the special with no intentions of DP'ing it but things can change and you might be more desparate for DP but would have no choice in the matter, just because you bought it from someone else; and who knows if that person even would've cared in the first place. And on that, as you mentioned about the trade rules, I don't think the seller really has much say in what is done with a special after it's sold. They may prefer it isn't DP'd and if the buyer agrees to that, yeah it might be a little scummy to turn around and DP it, but ultimately it should still be the buyer's choice. No matter how desparate the seller was/why they sold it, they still decided that the currency was worth more to them than the actual special, so realistically they couldn't have cared about the special ~that~ much. Lastly I want to reply to your line saying what the "shiny is actually worth". The value of all specials are completely arbitrary so there really is no what it's "actually worth". DP gave them some sort of intrinsic value and thus a baseline to work with. I don't really ever see that deviating again because having that baseline is much easier than coming up with some random value you think the special is worth. In a similar vain to that, S/A/M are only worth what someone is willing to buy them at and having set a precedent for years on the site of what S/A/M are worth based on DP prices, it's going to be a lot harder to get someone to buy them at a higher price just because you think they're worth more.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page