PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta update proposal [vote!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 6789

Stichman34's AvatarStichman34
So about No.5.. I sold off a Melan zubat to a user, who then dextraded it for another melan, and then sold off the Melan to another user, who then traded it for DP. I remember seeing my zubat in that "buying DP" thread and when I saw it, I wondered what I missed from the exchange, as this user managed to get 4 melan dextrades for essentially free. But after thinking about it? I think this user was clever. They took a risk and got a lot of melan dex potential for it, used a number of game systems and trades and collected a lot of dex's, which appears to be this users goal. That to me, is a healthy sequence. I got the same value as was spent as the final trade, they didn't resell for profit. This is of course, subjective :P This doesn't mean it's healthy to the overall game ofc; this is only one story. But without the ability to DP special pokemon as the non OT, the specials that people want are given nebulous prices. Right now, DP is assigned to ZC and therefore the rest of the economy, and special pokemon are assigned to DP. This leads to certain less loved specials still finding love as a use for DP. I imagine if we go cold turkey first, pokemon like nincada (shedinja lover btw <-) are going to plumet in price due to abundance as well as not looking the most pretty compared to things like Pichu and Ralts, in addition, loved pokemon are going to rocket in price (like eevee, especially because of it's many evos and megas) since they now have to compete with more easily farmed DP TL;DR Support for the 1-6hr timer (voted no).
Profile picture made by my friend Ronya as a commission. Edited and used with permission.
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco
will all of these changes be made at once, or will they be implemented and we'll get a date for proposal 5 to kick in? I'm assuming it's the latter from what's been said don't want to wait for the DP increase only to not be able to recycle my traded specials at the same time ;;
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

(: 0)

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat
Since 5 seems the most split, and there are talks of locks can we get some idea of how it might work in certain situations? Example: Could I delta a melan/albino/shiny I snag from the shelter? The shelter already does weird things with the OT, reverting the OT to the new shelter owner unless the pokemon was traded before hand. Pushing off that, if I wanted to delta the pokemon I grabbed from the shelter would I have to trade it to the person who was considered the OT, request they delta it and then get the points from them (super long way to do that, and might be impossible depending on activity) Adding again, what if the release to the shelter was on accident (happens enough that some people put notices to return to them on some of their specials), but do to how the system works I'm now the OT and decide to delta it. Is that suddenly against the rules? Or if I do decide to give it back and they later decide they'd rather delta it do they have to bounce it back to me?
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.
Tabby's AvatarTabby
Thank you for listening to feedback and moving forwards with all except #5!
Type Race Score: 0 Check out my shop! Avatar by me
PixelCat75332's AvatarPixelCat75332
I like the idea of making it so people who buy Shinies/Albinos/Melans can't trade it for DP because of the seller's feelings, but I know that I barely get any DP unless I buy Pokémon from someone else. I think a good solution would be a "DP Lock" that only the person who hatched the Pokémon can activate/deactivate. That way, if someone like me needs DP they can find someone who hatches specials for DP, but if a seller doesn't want their hard-earned special to be flushed down Holon's toilet, they can prevent it.

About Me

• About me
  • Pokémon I’m looking for
  • Special Pokémon
  • Where to find me
  • A few quick things…
Pronouns: she/them Favorite Music Artist: Alan Walker Favorite Animal: Desert Rain Frog
1. Melanistic Unfettered Forme Sikannos (Possibly Psychic Delta, too?) 2. Many, many Toxic Forme Quibbit 3. Shiny Pirouette Meloetta 4. The Project [you shall see...]
Roblox: PixelCat021 The 53C237 9L47F02M: #75332 Chicken Smoothie: PixelCat75332 Toyhouse: PixelCat75332
I’ve been into Pokémon since Gen. 3. I love roleplay! Here's a cool roleplay! And here's another one! Let me know if you want me to join yours, too :)
Avatar is by Yashiro! It was created for my use only. There’s a Pokémon that’s literally called “Amoonguss”… kinda sus…
abingy's Avatarabingy
Terabbit brought up a good point regarding melans that I kinda mentioned in the suggestion thread about further raising S/A DP value but hadn't brought up here. The increase in DP value will probably lead to the decrease in DP price and while that'll keep S/A prices roughly level, it could lead to the devaluing of melans, so you may need to consider raising the melan DP values also. It doesn't necessarily need to be considered for this update but I think its important to address now so it's something that can be at least monitored and hopefully be caught before it got bad (if it happens at all)
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Sassmotron's AvatarSassmotron
I'm pretty new so I'm not sure how much weight my opinion should hold (I barely know what a Delta is) but I really don't want to see more icons get added this game (such as a lock that shows a Mon can't be traded for DP) especially if it only pertains to a relatively niche mechanic. There's so much information to keep track of as it is. Also if I can already choose to rename, mega evolve, wonder trade away, etc Pokemon that I buy or trade for it feels inconsistent to prevent me from trading them in for points. It seems like being able to sell DP directly would already solve the problem of people having their specials traded in against their wishes if that's the main concern? Those people can price their specials over the DP market rate which will be more transparent to everyone. If I bought a bunch of Jolly Albino Snowbros or something to display around Christmas I'd be frustrated if I didn't have the option to trade them in for DP or whatever six months later because it might go against the wishes of someone who may not even be playing the game anymore. But like I said I'm still learning everything.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
I look forward to the update implementations, thank you for shelving #5 for a later time until it's adjusted a bit/re-considered/what have you. It is extremely appreciated.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
kittenbouquet's Avatarkittenbouquet
I'm very happy with these results! and while I understand why option 5 was proposed, I'm happy it was turned down. anyway, I love these propositions and I am in full agreement that these are improvements :)
RainbowSyrup's AvatarRainbowSyrup
I think if you're making DP tradable but disallowing shiny/albino traded mons to be traded, maybe the DP trading fee shouldn't be included. Effectively you're making it so that you can still buy DP (cool) while letting people sell mon's confident that it's not gonna be converted (also cool), but adding a fee on top of that just feels like milking currency. If it were left to just those two things, it wouldn't be any excess economic strain whereas with the added fee, it's simply adding a new fee to the game that was never there before. And with all the talks of balance changes, I don't think anyone is asking for new fees on existing features.

Pages: 123··· 6789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page